Rumour Gus gets his man

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It seems inevitable. Good luck to Ciraldo. I'm confident he'll be closer to Fitzgibbon and Payten than Baz and Pay.. Hopefully Potter is lead assistant and the support staff is stronger than ever around Ciraldo to help him in his first head coaching job..
We can only hope he’s closer to Fitzgibbon and Payton. If he’s anywhere near Baz and Pay this place is going to be fun ….

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If ciraldo wants to be a head coach there's probably us, tigers, warriors that had a vacancy. Titans, knights, possibly even eels and dragons from some reports could see an opportunity open for a coach.
When you look at those clubs there always seems to he coaching/management/board issues. With the appointment of Gus it seems he's silenced alot of the noise coming out of our club. Made a few tough decisions early e.g cotric, Barrett, naden, the Flanagan fiasco but things seem to have settled and the playing group look like they are a solid crew and playing for each other at the moment.
So for ciraldo if he was going to make the jump into head coaching, considering we have a few decent recruits coming in and Gus has already scouted and signed some players it's probably more appealing then the other clubs. He's worked with Gus before so he knows he's got someone with great experience to lean on in decision making. He also knows that with Gus he will always be looking for improvements and long term systems.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason for our turnaround in form and scoring points is that Potter is letting the players play with less structure.

I hope Ciraldo doesn't pull the reigns in and play a structured style.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Our defense would be so solid with Ciraldo and Maguire in the same coaching staff. I dont think Maguire was the problem at the Tigers and he has shown he can win a premiership so if the meeting at Jobel’s was in talks of a coaching role then its a W.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d be happy with this if true but would also be OK if Potter was given 1 year in the job with Ciraldo as assistant to get a feel for the place and then take over in 2024.

Panthers still want to keep him as an assistant coach for next year but when opportunity knocks he may believe he’s ready for the top job on a full time basis.

Not sure how much we read into Madge meeting with Gus today but suppose they’ve got to canvas all available options.

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hope Potter stays on in some type of role... Preferably as assistant coach...
Have a soft spot for potter, after all these long years I can now watch a game and enjoy it.... Win or loose
Have waited so long for this...

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The pressure on Ciraldo will be huge and rightfully so. His inheriting a doggies side with great attacking strike, Burton in the halves and some well known names in rugby league. Im hoping Potter stays at the club as an assistant it’s pivotal Ciraldo has support if it’s true his such a tactical genius. If Ciraldo fails it all falls on Gus which is why I’m becoming more confident we will do well under him. Gus wouldn’t have just selected him overnight there’s a lot on the line.