Pride Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The go to for homophobes. If anyone supports LGBTQI, you call them paedophiles. And you lot say that there isn't still discrimination against gay people.
Did you read my first post on this? I said I don't care what people do in their own homes. Have a look at what is happening in the USA with the grooming of children by this community & teachers. A law had to be introduced in Florida to stop this. And don't say that it was the don't say gay bill because that was a lie.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The whole LGBTIQ+ thing is about grooming. This is just a step. Just look at what happens in the USA. It starts with jerseys & ends up with teachers taking kids to transgender strip clubs. If you want a peak into the future, look at the USA. And what do Boomers have to do with anything?
Yeah....because taking kids to strip clubs is a regular occurrence over there. There are many reasons society in the US is falling apart. Promoting LGBTQI acceptance is the least of their worries.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah....because taking kids to strip clubs is a regular occurrence over there. There are many reasons society in the US is falling apart. Promoting LGBTQI acceptance is the least of their worries.
It IS starting to become regular & unfortunately it's the teachers taking them there. The promotion of the LGBTIQ+ (you offended them by the way by leaving a couple of letters out) is all about the break down of the family structure. Do that & you break down society. That is the plan. Read the book the great reset by Klaus Schwab. It will give you an insight. It's available online.

dimtrits

Waterboy
Reaction score
Fact #3: The LGBT+ community claim they are all about freedom of choice. BUT, if your values and beliefs are different, such as Christians and Muslims, then you are identified as not being inclusive of others. How does obeying your beliefs and religion make you not inclusive? What rubbish!
Completely false.

Being gay and being Christian/Muslim are not mutually exclusive. Being gay is also not a belief like religion is.

You can be a muslim and homosexual. You can be lesbian and a christian.

I guarantee you no LGBTQI+ people are against people practicing religion. In fact there would be a proportion of them that have some sort of faith.

You don't have to be atheist to be gay or show support to the community.

EDIT: I also think that the LGBTQI+ community would hold the most compassion with marginalised religions in Australia like islam. Regardless of what islam views gays as.

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I bet if society told you your attraction to females was morally wrong and you should avoid relationships with those you are physically attracted to for the rest of your life you'd adapt.... no worries.

The desire to couple goes beyond the realms of a mere temptation, mate.

Peter Singer has expressed some pretty weird views, by the way. I get that Folau probably meant well, but I think he expressed his views in a pretty non constructive way and I think his analogy is a terrible one....for reasons outlined above.
But now we are digging deeper.
If society claimed it was wrong to have relationships with heterosexuals, why would it be wrong? Where are they coming from?
If there is no objective morality, it is just one persons opinions against another, no right or wrong.

dimtrits

Waterboy
Reaction score
How can you guarantee that?
Because you can practice religion without believing everything. Religion can be practiced as a way of life and how to morally hold yourself accountable in this world to yourself and others.

Religion doesn't need to be a set of rules that we follow to go to heaven or hell.

LadWriter1

Waterboy
Reaction score
Some are protected, some aren't.
That hacksaw bloke or whatever his name is says report it.
The next bloke says there has been a lot of reporting and people have their own beliefs so leave it at that.

It’s clear for everybody to see, you see what they want you to see

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Because you can practice religion without believing everything. Religion can be practiced as a way of life and how to morally hold yourself accountable in this world to yourself and others.

Religion doesn't need to be a set of rules that we follow to go to heaven or hell.
You didn't answer my question.

How can you gaurantee no LGBTQI+ people are against people practicing religion? Most might not be against us but not all.

Just like most believers aren't against the LGB but some are vocal against them.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fact #1: Manly have not handled or planned this in a professional, well thought out, "less than sensitive" manner.

Fact #2: The world is moving towards becoming a less tolerant classically liberal society. If you don't believe the values and beliefs of the majority, then your belief, values and opinions don't matter. Sooner than later, we will all function like robots. What ridiculousness!

Fact #3: The LGBT+ community claim they are all about freedom of choice. BUT, if your values and beliefs are different, such as Christians and Muslims, then you are identified as not being inclusive of others. How does obeying your beliefs and religion make you not inclusive? What rubbish!

Fact #4: I very much doubt Ian Roberts would have run out on the field wearing a "Jesus is Lord" or "Repent for your sins" jersey. If he was asked to, and he gave his reasons for being LGBT+ and it was against his beliefs and values, would there be such an uproar? I believe most people would be tolerant, respectful and accepting of his decision to not wear that jersey. Why can't the same be done for others when its their religion? What hypocrisy!

Fact 5: Israel Folau was handed a consequence of his contract being voided because he shared his values and beliefs with the public. Manly players are being handed a consequence of not being able to play because of their values and beliefs with the public. What makes the NRL, Manly Club or any other organisation have the right to say their human rights, values and beliefs are superior to others beliefs and values.

Fact 6: They say its not political. The Prime Minister of Australia has commented on this - hence making it political. They say its not political. Same-sex marriage was only legalised less than 5 years ago - 61% saying yes. That's 39% of the population who said no/did not vote. It's hard to argue that this is an issue in Australia specifically, is not an area of conflict.
Solid points!

#1 - yep, no publicity is bad publicity right?
#2 - spot on, your not allowed to have a view unless they agree with it.
#3 - If you want tolerance you need to tolerate other views.
#4 - if the idea were to be ever entertained, the outrage would be massive "how dare you try and force your beliefs on someone".
#5 - the Manly players haven't said anything which may offend others and have simply stood down, feels like they are being treated like they have.
Sure, why not..

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You didn't answer my question.

How can you gaurantee no LGBTQI+ people are against people practicing religion?
In fairness bro, you quoted two sentences of his, which were two different statements and he thought you meant his second statement not the first statement, accordingly answering what he thought you asked him

Does that make sense lol? I'm confused reading that

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Geeze..all that is being acknowledged is who people love..or follow and love..no wonder the world is in the sorry state that it is in… SMH..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
In fairness bro, you quoted two sentences of his, which were two different statements and he thought you meant his second statement not the first statement, accordingly answering what he thought you asked him

Does that make sense lol? I'm confused reading that
It was pretty clear to what I was asking bro, have another look.

PS it's ok that you're confused, being a Man Utd fan :p

Status
Not open for further replies.