Pride Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not defending myself my bro, just defending the ones that are true followers of Christ.

Some might hesitate because they know they will face backlash or be labelled the same as the demons that infiltrated religions.
Yeah, I kinda get you, bro.... but saying they don't agree with the lifestyle (which many of them openly do say) is much more likely to generate backlash than calling out rhetoric that is just plain harmful, IMO. I'd like to see it called out more. If anything, the silence of good members of the Christian community only heightens insecurities from the LGBTQi community that the whole Christian community is against them.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Just a quick question..anyone worry where the Indigenous Jersey profits go?
EXACTLY!

It's a money grab.

All rounds and jerseys profits should go to the causes they are promoting for the cash grab.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It's up to them I guess. Not going to hold it against them if they do or don't.

I'm just happy they are allowed to stand in what they believe.

If players are allowed to wear the jersey, the players are allowed to refuse to wear it. Anything else then it's hypocritical bigotry.
It's women of league round anyway. I find it disrespectful to them that people are talking more about the jersey than their contribution to league.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, I kinda get you, bro.... but saying they don't agree with the lifestyle (which many of them openly do say) is much more likely to generate backlash than calling out rhetoric that is just plain harmful, IMO. I'd like to see it called out more. If anything, the silence of good members of the Christian community only heightens insecurities from the LGBTQi community that the whole Christian community is against them.
I might be hated by my own kind by saying this but I don't follow religion but I follow my faith.

Christ is my leader and not the church. I follow what Christ said before whatever the church says. If a church follows the Bible then that's awesome, if they preach anything that's not biblical then that's not for me.

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Christianity doesn't teach those things, I agree. But if you read through the comments whenever this debate resurfaces on social media, I think you'll find it hard to argue there are a lot of Christians out there who either didn't get, or chose to ignore that memo. You see people identifying as Christians equating gay people to pedos and all sorts of disgusting insinuations on social media.

I am not saying this is you, or the religious community as a whole, but it is definitely a very vocal minority.

I'm interested in why many Christians who say they are acting from a place of love spend more time expressing their disapproval of people living LGBTQI lifestyles than they spend calling this sort of hurtful rhetoric out when it comes from members purporting to be from their own community.

Sure, the intent to save a soul may be sincere. But assuming a person believes a soul genuinely needs saving, doesn't it stand to reason that all hope for the soul dies when life is lost? Fighting hateful and hurtful rhetoric to ensure these people can live with dignity needs to be the first step, surely.
Where does it say that it is a sin if you same sex attractions?
The issue is with taking action on it.
I as a straight male have all sorts of temptations everyday, does not mean it is a sin. It is only a sin if you act on it.

In terms of saving souls,

Here is a great quote from Australian philosopher who is also an atheist in regards to the Izzy Falou issue

" Rugby Australia would have a stronger basis for its decision if Folau’s post had expressed hatred toward homosexuals and could have been interpreted as an incitement to violence against them. But the post no more expresses hatred toward homosexuals than cigarette warnings express hatred toward smokers. "

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It's women of league round anyway. I find it disrespectful to them that people are talking more about the jersey than their contribution to league.
Yeah the timing of this cash grab is stupid, but what do you expect from the most unprofessional league in the world.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I as a straight male have all sorts of temptations everyday, does not mean it is a sin. It is only a sin if you act on it.

Here is a great quote from Australian philosopher who is also an atheist in regards to the Izzy Falou issue

" Rugby Australia would have a stronger basis for its decision if Folau’s post had expressed hatred toward homosexuals and could have been interpreted as an incitement to violence against them. But the post no more expresses hatred toward homosexuals than cigarette warnings express hatred toward smokers. "
Exactly, temptation is not a sin. Acting on them is.

I'm tempted to headbutt the refs but I won't do it lol

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah the timing of this cash grab is stupid, but what do you expect from the most unprofessional league in the world.
Didn't even bother to consult those whose profiles were being used for the key part of this promotion. If they bothered to ask the players before racing off to the press, they would've discovered the player issue timebomb and resolved it privately.

Methinks Manly will be looking for new marketing people in the near future.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes, human rights are more important than religion.
Religion is a human right ....

Freedom of religion or belief is guaranteed by article 18 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, article 18 of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and the Declaration on the Elimination of All Forms of Intolerance and of Discrimination Based on Religion or Belief.

Always a Bulldog

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
it’s a couple of stripes of rainbow no one is making them bend over to take one.
It’s not so much this NRL event it’s every shop window and product people are getting the rainbow rammed down their throats

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How da fuq is asking players to wear jerseys with a small rainbow detail on them gonna make people wanna be gay if they don’t already have those tendencies? The very suggestion is absurd, bro.
The whole LGBTIQ+ thing is about grooming. This is just a step. Just look at what happens in the USA. It starts with jerseys & ends up with teachers taking kids to transgender strip clubs. If you want a peak into the future, look at the USA. And what do Boomers have to do with anything?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Under Australian law there is no individual right to free speech
Australia thankfully doesn't have Bill of Rights (which causes no end of issues in the USA for example), what we do have is legal precedent.

The Australian Constitution does not explicitly protect freedom of expression. However, the High Court has held that an implied freedom of political communication exists as an indispensable part of the system of representative and responsible government created by the Constitution.

Always a Bulldog

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fact #1: Manly have not handled or planned this in a professional, well thought out, "less than sensitive" manner.

Fact #2: The world is moving towards becoming a less tolerant classically liberal society. If you don't believe the values and beliefs of the majority, then your belief, values and opinions don't matter. Sooner than later, we will all function like robots. What ridiculousness!

Fact #3: The LGBT+ community claim they are all about freedom of choice. BUT, if your values and beliefs are different, such as Christians and Muslims, then you are identified as not being inclusive of others. How does obeying your beliefs and religion make you not inclusive? What rubbish!

Fact #4: I very much doubt Ian Roberts would have run out on the field wearing a "Jesus is Lord" or "Repent for your sins" jersey. If he was asked to, and he gave his reasons for being LGBT+ and it was against his beliefs and values, would there be such an uproar? I believe most people would be tolerant, respectful and accepting of his decision to not wear that jersey. Why can't the same be done for others when its their religion? What hypocrisy!

Fact 5: Israel Folau was handed a consequence of his contract being voided because he shared his values and beliefs with the public. Manly players are being handed a consequence of not being able to play because of their values and beliefs with the public. What makes the NRL, Manly Club or any other organisation have the right to say their human rights, values and beliefs are superior to others beliefs and values.

Fact 6: They say its not political. The Prime Minister of Australia has commented on this - hence making it political. They say its not political. Same-sex marriage was only legalised less than 5 years ago - 61% saying yes. That's 39% of the population who said no/did not vote. It's hard to argue that this is an issue in Australia specifically, is not an area of conflict.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Yeah, I bet if society told you your attraction to females was morally wrong and you should avoid relationships with those you are physically attracted to for the rest of your life you'd adapt.... no worries.

The desire to couple goes beyond the realms of a mere temptation, mate.

Peter Singer has expressed some pretty weird views, by the way. I get that Folau probably meant well, but I think he expressed his views in a pretty non constructive way and I think his analogy is a terrible one....for reasons outlined above.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Possible. If Christians became actually oppressed. Which could happen.
They are oppressed already. They are being raped & killed for their religion now & are being targeted by the left as oppressors.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yet these players have no issue playing on Sundays? Isn't that meant to be the Holy day....

We won't talk about them getting tattoos everywhere either when that's against it too lol

But put a few stripes on the jersey and we'll have a hissy fit lol
depends on the Christian... a friend of mine always went home before sundown on Fridays because it was his Sabbath

Status
Not open for further replies.