The Formula One Thread

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So Mercedes have been in the media for past few weeks complaining about the porposing and wanting the FIA to bring in a new law so all vehicles have to raise their minimum ride height. This is basically bringing the other teams down.

FIA have now released a technical directive basically saying if your bouncing, raise the bloody car.

How good is it to see the FIA not listening to Toto and co

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So Mercedes have been in the media for past few weeks complaining about the porposing and wanting the FIA to bring in a new law so all vehicles have to raise their minimum ride height. This is basically bringing the other teams down.

FIA have now released a technical directive basically saying if your bouncing, raise the bloody car.

How good is it to see the FIA not listening to Toto and co
About fucking time

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verstappen on pole with Alonso starting next to him, Sainz and Hamilton taking up 3rd and 4th on the grid. Should be an interesting race, with Perez and Leclerc starting way down the field.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WTF is wrong with Ferrari? These morons still haven't learnt from their mistakes. Leclerc is the only driver in that car who can win the WDC and yet they dont have the balls to make him their no 1 man. FFS even in a damaged car he was still faster than his teammate. Very, very unlucky not to win that race. Poor bastard must have done something wrong to get all this bad luck he's had recently

Great race but it was a wasted oppurtunity for him to claw back some of the defecit.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Quite underwhelmed by Redbulls pace this weekend considering Max has dominated in Austria in previous years.

Mercedes are showing small improvements every race weekend which is annoying.

Every other team seem to be stagnant in development

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sergio was looking good in the sprint, I was keen to watch him go in the race then Russell happened

Reaction score
Sergio was looking good in the sprint, I was keen to watch him go in the race then Russell happened
that's 2 weeks in a row george has been a lap 1 menace to the grid, he was in the wrong and ruined sergio's race.

but it was silverstone that was the most dangerous, probably the sketchiest bit of driving i've seen a long long time and he was lucky that the alfa driver wasn't killed. he started the race on the C1 hards, he was going to be way slower off the start and everyone else behind him would get a faster jump. he would have known this and he should have kept a straight line at the start ( because he was on the C1's ) instead of moving left or right to cover. with the tyre compound he chose the inevitable was always going to happen. he should have never chosen the slowest possible tyre for takeoff it was always going to be a dangerous choice. most of the big accidents off the start usually occur when 1 car is too slow taking off and the grid bunches. george is a total shitcunt for initiating this exact scenerio

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
that's 2 weeks in a row george has been a lap 1 menace to the grid, he was in the wrong and ruined sergio's race.

but it was silverstone that was the most dangerous, probably the sketchiest bit of driving i've seen a long long time and he was lucky that the alfa driver wasn't killed. he started the race on the C1 hards, he was going to be way slower off the start and everyone else behind him would get a faster jump. he would have known this and he should have kept a straight line at the start ( because he was on the C1's ) instead of moving left or right to cover. with the tyre compound he chose the inevitable was always going to happen. he should have never chosen the slowest possible tyre for takeoff it was always going to be a dangerous choice. most of the big accidents off the start usually occur when 1 car is too slow taking off and the grid bunches. george is a total shitcunt for initiating this exact scenerio
Yup totally agree George was at fault for Zhou's crash. Should have seen Gasly there, if not his team should have advised him. Credit for running in to check on him though.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Between Ferrari's reliability issues and Leclerc's mistakes, they've cost themselves their best chance at a championship in a decade.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Best F1 cars ever = The Mclaren MP4/4 & the Williams FW14b. These modern day drivers wouldn't be able to handle them.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That was a boring ass race. Wasn't worth staying up and watching.. I'm glad my boy Alonso had a decent result. I'd like to see him get one last shot with a better team. I know it won't happen, but I feel like he still has a lot to offer.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That was a boring ass race. Wasn't worth staying up and watching.. I'm glad my boy Alonso had a decent result. I'd like to see him get one last shot with a better team. I know it won't happen, but I feel like he still has a lot to offer.
Alonso is a top 5 driver of this century. Should've always been with a top team.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Another trend where Ferrari and LeClerc performe exceptional on the Saturday and manage to fuck it up on the Sunday.

Unsure if LeClerc was pushing to hard on degrading tyres trying to get that over cut that caused him to DNF or if it was the throttle issue he alleged over the radio.

Overall happy that Max won and extends his lead but at same time disappointed in Perez.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
On another note did you know tiggy Forrest brought Williams engineering so they can develop electric engines for his mining trucks as they want to be carbon neutral by 2030