No Source Hastings swap deal

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What’s the fascination with Hastings. Watched him play, seems slow. kicking game nothing special, more of the usual useless bombs that do nothing. Very lazy in any sort of defence, especially kick chase or scramble after a break.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it’s his bushy eye brows, but he always looks stoned Hastings

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What’s the fascination with Hastings. Watched him play, seems slow. kicking game nothing special, more of the usual useless bombs that do nothing. Very lazy in any sort of defence, especially kick chase or scramble after a break.
It’s just the brainless people following what other people are saying without sitting down and watching the bloke. He’s nothing to be excited about

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Everyone shits on Flanno because he doesn't run enough, put his body on the line etc. Hastings the halfback who averages the most metres is floated as a potential option and people shoot it down lol.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone shits on Flanno because he doesn't run enough, put his body on the line etc. Hastings the halfback who averages the most metres is floated as a potential option and people shoot it down lol.
Hastings is a massive upgrade.
He is a vocal organising half. Who moves the team effectively around the park.

He is not in the same level yet but I think would be similar to the kind of direction and impact chad Townsend and Reynolds have had with cowboys and broncos.

We need a strong dominant 7.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

He is not in the same level yet but I think would be similar to the kind of direction and impact chad Townsend and Reynolds have had with cowboys and broncos.

Agree. I like how Flanno is steadily improving, but I've been a big fan of Hastings for a while now, all he has to do is get his foot injury right and drop 5-10kgs in the offseason.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think of the team as a bus. At the moment Bus has no driver and is all over the place.
Think of Hastings as the Bus Driver.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would compliment Burton rather well for 23 then look to grab a top half for 24.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prop: Buy Royce Hunt and Franklin Pele from the players salaries who are leaving next year such as JMK, Hetho, Dufty, Vaughan and Naden.

Halfback: Trade Luke Thompson for Jackson Hastings. Tigers fans are dying for this to happen, and we might aswell chuck in a bonus such as Okunbor, Wakeham and Stimson.

It isn't really that hard. When we sort these 2 positions out, we are ready to go. Maybe even for fullback, but Averillo has been excellent every game he has played in that position.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Prop: Buy Royce Hunt and Franklin Pele from the players salaries who are leaving next year such as JMK, Hetho, Dufty, Vaughan and Naden.

Halfback: Trade Luke Thompson for Jackson Hastings. Tigers fans are dying for this to happen, and we might aswell chuck in a bonus such as Okunbor, Wakeham and Stimson.

It isn't really that hard. When we sort these 2 positions out, we are ready to go. Maybe even for fullback, but Averillo has been excellent every game he has played in that position.
I love you.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Think of the team as a bus. At the moment Bus has no driver and is all over the place.
Think of Hastings as the Bus Driver.
Agree, Hastings isn’t your top tier half-back, but he is a genuine half and he will be able to steer us around and let Burton do his thing…

As a fan, Flanno is just short of where he needs to be though it’s noticeable he’s digging into the line a little more and is handling the ball more, but it’s still well short of the target state. Averillo, Wakeham and BBO hasn’t worked out in that role but I’d like to give BBO a final opportunity at some point to prove himself - Avo is sorted at #1.

Hastings gives you immediate direction and leadership, I think that may spring Gould’s interest in him, but if Moses is available, that’s an astute signing, top shelf half.

Malla

Reaction score
It’s just the brainless people following what other people are saying without sitting down and watching the bloke. He’s nothing to be excited about
Yeah you must be one of the good ones.. thank god!!

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Isn’t Hastings on $400k?

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I watch plenty of football and Hastings at the right money would be a great buy for us. Averillo, Burton, Hastings and Mahoney as a spine is leap years ahead of any spine we have had for many years.
He’s had about 5 good games… I think we need to be patient and wait for a better quality half to become available.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He reminds me of alf off the tv series.

would be a fair trade imo, how long has it been since we had a gen 7.

needs to work on fitness, unless he is playing busted.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm with you on Pele and Hunt.
We really only have TPJ and King who could be of any impact as front rowers with Vaughan leaving and Thompson always rumoured to be shopped.
Patolo and Tsikrikas could come good when they possibly come back in the top grade but still not enough depth.
I'm not sold on makeshift frontrowers. Every good team has one or two monsters eating good metres.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

This exactly.
He is vocal, he demands the ball and he does things with it, not to mention he gets the shits with his team mates if they're not following him or on the same page.

He would be a great improvement to our team, as would Moses, as would Munster. We need a halfback and can dominant vocal one as both Burton and Flanno are not assertive enough in the halves