Opinion Trade Luke Thompson for Luke Keary

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
can't see Roosters picking up Thompson for anywhere near his salary, plus they wouldn't have to because we'd want him gone even if we have to contribute a decent amount imo.
Same could be said for the roosters wanting to move on Keary who has 2 years left. It’s all about how well you can trade horses I guess. Roosters always seem to find away. We have been soft in recent years always just giving in.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Same could be said for the roosters wanting to move on Keary who has 2 years left. It’s all about how well you can trade horses I guess. Roosters always seem to find away. We have been soft in recent years always just giving in.
In the current halves market I think any bottom to mid table team that needs a half would almost pay all of Keary's contract in full. Roosters won't even have to take a reject player (Thompson) in exchange to get Keary off their books.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
at this stage keary will get concussed gently laying his head on his pillow at night, no thanks

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
In the current halves market I think any bottom to mid table team that needs a half would almost pay all of Keary's contract in full. Roosters won't even have to take a reject player (Thompson) in exchange to get Keary off their books.
His only options are Bulldogs & Knights if he leaves the Roosters and the Knights want Luke Brooks.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Dolphins, Tigers
Tigers have Brooks, Hastings & Douehi. Titans have Brimson, Sexton & Foran. Neither are going after Keary.

Also Keary wouldn't want to go to them.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Tigers have Brooks, Hastings & Douehi. Titans have Brimson, Sexton & Foran. Neither are going after Keary.
You just said Knights looking at Brooks, Keary also upgrade on Hastings. I didn't say Titans.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hastings ain't on anywhere near 800k a season but I would take Hastings over Keary.
It won’t be a straight swap freakzilla
Wouldn’t know the numbers but wel be saving a bit if it is indeed for Luke Thompson

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You just said Knights looking at Brooks, Keary also upgrade on Hastings. I didn't say Titans.
Oh sorry my bad about Titans. Dolphins aren't using their cap space on Keary when they have Munster as their number 1 target.

If Brooks goes Knights the Tigers will be paying about 700k of his salary. Also I would rather have Hastings & Douehi right now than Keary, especially on their salary.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It won’t be a straight swap freakzilla
Wouldn’t know the numbers but wel be saving a bit if it is indeed for Luke Thompson
I would take Hastings over Keary so hopefully but why would the Tigers do it?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Oh sorry my bad about Titans. Dolphins aren't using their cap space on Keary when they have Munster as their number 1 target.

If Brooks goes Knights the Tigers will be paying about 700k of his salary. Also I would rather have Hastings & Douehi right now than Keary, especially on their salary.
Munster not available for next year, whereas Keary is (if Roosters move him on). Dolphins would have to hold 1m+ in their salary cap for 2024 when they have to spend 95% of their salary cap next year and Munster's still not a guarantee and they have no marquee players currently. I think it'd be wise to go after both of them. Keary much better than Hastings imo and the Tigers can move him on or play him lock.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Munster not available for next year, whereas Keary is (if Roosters move him on). Dolphins would have to hold 1m+ in their salary cap for 2024 when they have to spend 95% of their salary cap next year and Munster's still not a guarantee and they have no marquee players currently. I think it'd be wise to go after both of them. Keary much better than Hastings imo and the Tigers can move him on or play him lock.
There is 0% chance Keary agrees to play for the Dolphins next year.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
No. Not a keary fan hes injury prone and done nothing for a year worth remembering.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Roosters need middle forwards and want to play Manu at 6 permanently.

We need a halfback more than anything.

They are both on about the same per year.

Yes Keary has been injury prone lately but Keary for a year or 2 helps our team more than LT.

This is only if we can’t get rid of LT without having to pay his salary.
Roosters dont want to play Manu at #6

They made it clear that Tedesco will move to #6 with Suaalii to #1

And fuck no to Keary - he is cooked with one bitch slap away from total brain damage