Rumour Bulldogs closing in on Cam Cirald

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Seems blown out of proportion to me and put on, what are the chances of someone actually being there who know who both of these people are, its possible but imo has been done on purpose. Maybe Gus set it up to divert the media or maybe these two know each other and had lunch, all I know is Gus has the best interest for the club at hand and knows more than all of us put together.

Even if I don't agree with whoever gets the gig I will try my best to be loyal to the club and on that I honesty think Potter should get a crack at the gig if hes up in some capacity if not HC.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmm what I took out of it was he talked about Ivan and Gus as being two most influential in his career so far and Kiks and Tago as far as players go....

Well Kiks and Gus will be at the Dogs next year...

but does seem undecided if now is the time though.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Remember when Barrett was their attacking coach & then what he did to our attack?
Yep. He is not my prefered choice and to be honest I would rather see Potter with the best assistants and a guru fitness and performance coach. But, I have always thought Barrett was a myth and was at Perith 10 mins before people were giving him credit for the teams attack. The majority of Penriths attack comes from a core of players that have been kicking footys around since juniors so they know each others games inside out.

Plus, and more importantly they have the best defence in the comp and in my opinion that has always got to be priority number one as it keeps you in any game and really good defence becomes offence. Teams always coming out of thier own 20 become fatigued and this allows gun attackers like Cleary and his backs to do thier thing. "IF" Ciraldo is the key driver behind Penriths defence then he is an asset to any footy team.

If we do or have sign him I just hope Potter is kept in the coaching staff and hopefully someone like James Graham.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who is this flog? Just another randoms opinion. What makes his opinion so important? If Ciraldo is appointed Bulldogs coach, its because Gus says he is the best fit for the job. The hard work is being done behind the scenes to make the next coaches job much easier. We have a team thats starting to believe, and already on the improve, and good players on the way next year. So whoever Gus chooses to take on the role, we shod just accept and support. Case closed IMO.
Loled at his first caption, and that was enough for me and closed it. Admire the passion but who has the time to be that bothered to create a video. If Gus thinks ciraldo is the man then so be it

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The tigers forum is so sad. Its just their fans roasting their shit hole of a club. I would hope the swap is Thompson for Hastings with Hastings having surgery on his foot in the off season.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No he wasnt lol, Baz wasnt wanted by every club hahahah, literally about 4/5 clubs want Ciraldo. We cant have the mentality that all the assistants at the best club (by far) in the comp are shit and not a good first grade coach, Baz was awful at Manly, never showed any promise, clubs are offering Ciraldo 5 year deals, this is a different situation
Correction: the TIGERS are offering Ciraldo a 5 year deal

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's 1 way to weaken an opponent nobody knows how to beat, keep taking all their assistant coaching staff away. We took Barrett, supposedly the mastermind behind their attacking structures, now Gould wants Ciraldo?...the supposed mastermind behind their defensive set up?
What about our attack? Surely Barrett had already told his mate Ciraldo that we are toxic. Gould was at Penrith when they decided Cleary not Ciraldo was the man for the Head Coach job. Was THAT call more to do with keeping Nathen Cleary than who actually coached this super competitive playing roster?
Between being picked apart both coaching and roster wise, I see Penrith crashing and burning in a year or 2. Which is normal, in a salary cap run competition.
Can Ciraldo coach, who knows. Why we refuse to entertain S Flanagan, a proven talent spotter, roster builder, skills coach and winner is totally beyond me.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That's 1 way to weaken an opponent nobody knows how to beat, keep taking all their assistant coaching staff away. We took Barrett, supposedly the mastermind behind their attacking structures, now Gould wants Ciraldo?...the supposed mastermind behind their defensive set up?
What about our attack? Surely Barrett had already told his mate Ciraldo that we are toxic. Gould was at Penrith when they decided Cleary not Ciraldo was the man for the Head Coach job. Was THAT call more to do with keeping Nathen Cleary than who actually coached this super competitive playing roster?
Between being picked apart both coaching and roster wise, I see Penrith crashing and burning in a year or 2. Which is normal, in a salary cap run competition.
Can Ciraldo coach, who knows. Why we refuse to entertain S Flanagan, a proven talent spotter, roster builder, skills coach and winner is totally beyond me.
You done?

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who is this flog? Just another randoms opinion. What makes his opinion so important? If Ciraldo is appointed Bulldogs coach, its because Gus says he is the best fit for the job. The hard work is being done behind the scenes to make the next coaches job much easier. We have a team thats starting to believe, and already on the improve, and good players on the way next year. So whoever Gus chooses to take on the role, we shod just accept and support. Case closed IMO.
Your kidding right? Gould is knowledgable but far from infallible. He hasn't had anything to do with us for over 25 years, and suddenly he's the messiah? He chopped and changed at Penrith....Cleary, Hook, Ciraldo, the Board stepped in appointed Cleary again as Gould was shown the door.
In Potter and S Flanagan there's 2 coaches with ample FG experience. The players are growing in confidence under Potter, so he surely deserves a full crack, THEN Flanagan, THEN Ciraldo.
It's up to the Board to step in here and show us whose running our Club....them or Gould?

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put our opinion on Ciraldo aside, because I am skeptical on what he can achieve as well.

However I think this is such an important signing for the Bulldogs (IF this is true) because it says 2 things... first what Gus wants Gus gets... whether it's fucking a player off (Naden, soon to be Thompson, Cotric), signing players (Kikau, Mahoney) and now the coach who is the hottest coach on the market. Parra, Tigers and Dragons were all rumored to want him and Gus got him. That shows his influence and why it's so important having him with us.

Second I think it makes Bulldogs an attractive place to be. It will make Burton resigning easier, and will hopefully mean other players might accept less to sign on with us.

Anyway see what happens, like I said I am not too fussed who the coach is as long as they aren't playing that negative structured rubbish Baz had them playing. I just am reading between the lines and am extremely impressed with what Gus has done in only a year.
Finally some fucking sense!