Opinion Brad Arthur

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mick Potter is the best option for us at the moment but must have a couple of excellent assitant coaches assigned to him, and one of them has to be focused soley on defence.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No he added experience. I'm not sure you remember what Flanagan got at the Sharks. He had got the oldest average age team in the comp that Sticky had assembled. He cycled the old blokes out, and brought in youth. He realised he need some extra pieces and grabbed those in Ennis & co. And during his coaching he constantly brought in youth to the side. He understands that new players need to be coming into the team constantly just to make your salary cap work.
So he’s got more done than Arthur ? I think so

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would fans be happy with making finals every second year while winning just over 50% of their games?

Arthurs record is:
8 seasons (not including current year)
4 finals
1 wooden spoon
4 top 8 misses (one for salary cap breaches) finishing 10th, 12th, 13th before making a semi then getting the spoon.

Worst season 6 wins best season 16 wins achieved twice.

If you assume a top 4 finish this year (with storm likely bombing out) and removing his handicapped year his record is 8 seasons 3 top 4s with 5 finals in total.

Last edited:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would fans be happy with making finals every second year while winning just over 50% of their games?

Arthurs record is:
8 seasons (not including current year)
4 finals
1 wooden spoon
4 top 8 misses (one for salary cap breaches) finishing 10th, 12th, 13th, 16th before making a semi then getting the spoon.

Worst season 6 wins best season 16 wins achieved twice.

If you assume a top 4 finish this year (with storm likely bombing out) and removing his handicapped year his record is 8 seasons 3 top 4s with 5 finals in total.
I reckon he is Parra's current day Brian Smith, except at least Smith got them in the GF. Moses and Gutherson will never combine for a premiership.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I reckon he is Parra's current day Brian Smith, except at least Smith got them in the GF. Moses and Gutherson will never combine for a premiership.
Yeh. You are right. Not a bad coach. But has sort of stagnated with the squad.

Should have probably beat panthers last year but just couldn’t put the game away.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Big fuck no to this fraud...
1. He picked his son over Dylan Brown
2. His team is always inconsistent
3. A decent coach would have made a GF with the team he had in 2020/2021
I agree with you on 2 and 3 except 1.

It would be pretty obvious nepotism if he picked his reserve grade son over Dylan Brown, what he did was he picked the strongest team with Dylan Brown in the centers when Waqa and Opacic were out and his son at 5/8th.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Team has improved out of sight since he took ocer, and he hasn't even had a pre-season. I've seen enough. Give the man the job. Not like there are any better candidates out there.
LOL WTF? If your daddy's boy and proud of it, why do you want potter as coach instead of your old man?

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really think Ciraldo will be a mistake.
I trust Gus knows what's he doing. Just becuase he is an assistant at Penrith, it's not fair to lump him in the same category as Baz

He is the defensive coach at Penrith so if he can get us defending close to what Penrith are, that alone will make us a top 8 side. Then throw in Mahoney, Kikau and Avo with a preseason under his belt, and the renewed confidence we have in attack, and anything is possible. Look at what the Bronocos and Cowboys have done this year

We just need to upgrade the 7. @Flanagun any suggestions?

Last edited:

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s so hard to warm to Ciraldo after the Baz disaster but if you look at Payten and Fitzgibbon I think it’s still a very viable option. If there was a clear standout experienced coach to grab then so be it, but in this market, I think it’s worth another (calculated) risk. If we get it right we could shoot up to the top 4 sooner rather than later like the Cows and Sharks.

Every week that passes makes Ciraldo more likely imo even if not for 23’ but 24’.

Bellamy Wayne Cleary Robinson
Fitz Payten
Ciraldo
Arthur Flanagan Potter Woolf

That’s the current desired coaching tier list tbh

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s so hard to warm to Ciraldo after the Baz disaster but if you look at Payten and Fitzgibbon I think it’s still a very viable option. If there was a clear standout experienced coach to grab then so be it, but in this market, I think it’s worth another (calculated) risk. If we get it right we could shoot up to the top 4 sooner rather than later like the Cows and Sharks.

Every week that passes makes Ciraldo more likely imo even if not for 23’ but 24’.

Fitz Payten
Ciraldo

Why the hell is Clearly in the top tier list? Look at the squad he has, that Gus helped build. He was a dud at the Tigers so I dont rate him as a coach. He's OK but he's not in the same galaxy as Bellamy. Almost any idiot could have won a comp with that squad

Agree with the rest of the post BTW

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Fitz Payten
Ciraldo

I like that fact that ciraldo is the defensive coach, ala Fitzgibbon.
potter as attack coach could be a good combination possibly

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Team has improved out of sight since he took ocer, and he hasn't even had a pre-season. I've seen enough. Give the man the job. Not like there are any better candidates out there.
You say out of sight, yes we are playing better rugby for sure but id class out of sight as more than 2 wins , Potter is known as a decent first grade coach, imagine us with a top coach, next level with that team

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Seems as Gus is going for contracted coaches. Ricky, Arthur who’s next?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No to Barthur and Jarthur. At least the last time we raided a rival team and took their head coach he had won actual premierships!