Declan Casey named in the squad again??

Wally D

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How Declan Casey could be named in our firstgrade squad after having perhaps the worst debut in nrl history beggars belief. It is an insult to the jersey. He needs to prove himself worthy to wear a bulldogs jersey again before being allowed to play first grade. Understand there are injuries and COVID, but surely anyone is better than him, at least until he has redeemed himself in reserve grade. Even Dufty on the wing would have been better

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/20...oqD0PwBuWSXhOEeEPLdv4L_iuwMLXlvyrnt-qMQVj5rkA

*Edit

Credit where it is due - Declan played well today. Well done. I don’t think he deserved a second chance so quickly after what was a horrendous and embarrassing debut, but he definitely didn’t stuff it up.

Last edited:

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is nobody else I guess. Alamoti and Allen are injured and our outside back depth is pretty light. It's either Casey or Knockonbur. It's a lose-lose proprisition for us so we took the less shit option

Wally D

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There is nobody else I guess. Alamoti and Allen are injured and our outside back depth is pretty light. It's either Casey or Knockonbur. It's a lose-lose proprisition for us so we took the less shit option
Dufty on the wing would have been better. At least he didn’t drop the ball every time he was tackled. Yes Dufty is a liability in defence but Casey is worse in every way

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Other options are Okunbor or Lumelume...
Would've liked to see how Toia goes with better players around him. Has played well when he's been on the wing in cup.
Casey is a better player then his debut. Obviously.
Usually only averages 2 errors a game instead of 5 :tearsofjoy:
Wingers making errors is nothing new though, you just hope if they make them it's when they are trying to score a try and not bomb defusal or hit ups from our own end

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would've liked to see how Toia goes with better players around him. Has played well when he's been on the wing in cup.
Casey is a better player then his debut. Obviously.
Usually only averages 2 errors a game instead of 5 :tearsofjoy:
Wingers making errors is nothing new though, you just hope if they make them it's when they are trying to score a try and not bomb defusal or hit ups from our own end
thought he was injured or only just coming back from injury. Before his injury he did say he expected him to make the team by the end if the year, similar comment to Morrin.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Give him a chance ffs writing him off in them conditions he played in you wouldn't get much worse not everyone is going to be a star on debut
He's fucking terrible, not a first grader. Has been doing this shit for years and is only playing because of how bad the the rest of our options are. Hopefully he isn't here next season.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
thought he was injured or only just coming back from injury. Before his injury he did say he expected him to make the team by the end if the year, similar comment to Morrin.
Played the last 2 cup games at centre. He's a better winger though

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's fucking terrible, not a first grader. Has been doing this shit for years and is only playing because of how bad the the rest of our options are. Hopefully he isn't here next season.
I'm not saying that he is a 1st grader but to right him off after one game in shit conditions like that is a bit harsh

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm not saying that he is a 1st grader but to right him off after one game in shit conditions like that is a bit harsh
But he has those games regardless of the conditions. I really hate that we're playing him again.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Debuts don’t always reflect ones career
I recall a Aussie cricketer took 1/150 and 0/78
First 2 tests then got dropped
Went on to be the arguably the best bowler of all time
Don’t think Declan will be the next Legend
But I won’t write him off completely

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think trusting a guy that touched the ball 5 times and dropped it 4 of those times, and then getting k\o’d is any better?
Tbh no, but that has to be one of the crappiest debuts with conditions like that. Id give him another chance to redeem himself.

Duftys has had more chances and is still a shit player.