Declan Okunbor

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
thats harsh mate, very tough conditions, hed be as nervous as fuck, not sure what level you have played at but anyone who has played grade is a very good player.
I agree he doesnt look first grade premiership material but that doesnt mean " he just isnt any good"
Professional sport is harsh. I called it back when we found out he was playing, said he would have a blinder or one of the worst debuts ever and nothing in between and look how it turned out. He has this in him regardless of the conditions and people that have seen far more of him than me in the lower grades say the same, he even managed to get dropped from reserves at one stage. He just isn't good enough for first grade right now and it's as simple as that.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Professional sport is harsh. I called it back when we found out he was playing, said he would have a blinder or one of the worst debuts ever and nothing in between and look how it turned out. He has this in him regardless of the conditions and people that have seen far more of him than me in the lower grades say the same, he even managed to get dropped from reserves at one stage. He just isn't good enough for first grade right now and it's as simple as that.
you may or may not be right, but it was horrendous conditions and he was isolated in more than one occasion. Id like to see him him get a 2nd chance

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
you may or may not be right, but it was horrendous conditions and he was isolated in more than one occasion. Id like to see him him get a 2nd chance
They were horrible but there were 5 other blokes at the back catching the ball or at least attempting to catch it.... it wasn't just an off night like you see at times it was more than that. He was so far out of his depth it was hard to watch, so bad that he ended up getting himself knocked out. I hope we don't have to see him again until he's at least ready, only really got the opportunity because of numerous injuries and the only other options were a couple of donkeys in Okunbor and Lumelume.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
They were horrible but there were 5 other blokes at the back catching the ball or at least attempting to catch it.... it wasn't just an off night like you see at times it was more than that. He was so far out of his depth it was hard to watch, so bad that he ended up getting himself knocked out. I hope we don't have to see him again until he's at least ready, only really got the opportunity because of numerous injuries and the only other options were a couple of donkeys in Okunbor and Lumelume.
They were all more experienced and agree he wasnt ready. Hope he gets another shot