Declan Okunbor

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t think he ready for FG ,I saw some of the replays,he came off his wing to much ,one time he came off the wing and didn’t make the tackle so Kiraz went outside Declan to stop a player

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think he ready for FG ,I saw some of the replays,he came off his wing to much ,one time he came off the wing and didn’t make the tackle so Kiraz went outside Declan to stop a player
JAC is always off his wing so is he not first grade standard either?

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wighton is a rep player, Casey is barely a reserve grader. Big difference.
You entirely miss the point so often! error count very similar between the 2 nothing to do with being a rep player, except that both can have bad days.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You entirely miss the point so often! error count very similar between the 2 nothing to do with being a rep player, except that both can have bad days.
I'm missing nothing, you are. This is nothing new with Casey, he has had these type of games in reserves, Flegg, etc. He just isn't any good.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
What was extra sad, was saying to his team mates, “I promise to not let you down” next minute …. X 10 let down!! Feel bad for him!

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah he had to face the men for the first time as well they all weren't on debut in a cyclone
So you forget how to catch a ball and the basics because you’re not playing against retards? He literally just kept dropping the ball over and over…

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Feet for hands is an absolute pet hate, we must be the only sport to use sticky spray to execute the basics. Imagine soccer players using sticky spray on their boots to help with their first touch?

Ball control is non-negotiable, if you have feet for hands you enter the realms of Okunbor, he has to fix it up or else he won't see FG again.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plenty of us probably figured he could at least hold his own. Not everyone is going to have a debut like Kiraz did for example, but Casey had a fair dinkum shocker. Showed no confidence from the start. Just nerves I think, which compounded the more errors he made.

Don't forget the trial he played, he didn't look out of place in first grade. Just don't give him another start if it's not dry though ffs.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Had a shocker & lost all confidence. Not certain if his head injury, robbed him an opportunity to make amends or saved him further embarrassment considering his confidence was shot.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope the kid is ok. I hope the kid is given more chances in 1st grade this season, as we aren't going to achieve anything other than let young kids debut and get over nerves. I like to give kids 10 to 15 games before I start forming opinions & even then I can be wrong at times. I put Averillo in the dumpster but he has been reasonably good at fullback so far. Okenbur on the other hand I want kept in the dumspter. I would like to know why we aren't giving topine more goes in 1st grade. He seems to be a player in the mold of Rouben Cotter.
Are you finished or are you done ?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
While I've got no doubt he had a terrible debut, it'd be nice seeing our famed supporters actually giving the fella a little support.

Personally hope that he learns from it and comes back stronger. Your first game shouldn't determine your career, so fingers crossed he doesn't come on this site and manages to stay positive going forward.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can't compare to patolo at all. He made some errors in his debut but also made some good runs. Declan did nothing but fck up in attack and defence. Every involvement in the game he made led to shit. This bloke should never be considered for first grade again
It's 1 game mate take it easy, if everyone that made there debuts were judged on that game alone then we wouldn't have a competition. Kid should be given a fair go just like the rest

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's 1 game mate take it easy, if everyone that made there debuts were judged on that game alone then we wouldn't have a competition. Kid should be given a fair go just like the rest
You're right - emotional response and i was a little hard on him. I hope he bounces back n NSW cup and earns another shot. In saying that it feels like the bulldogs have debuted a few too many players over the past few years who are not first grade quality.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with you on that, it does seem like we debut someone every few weeks lately lol

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm missing nothing, you are. This is nothing new with Casey, he has had these type of games in reserves, Flegg, etc. He just isn't any good.
thats harsh mate, very tough conditions, hed be as nervous as fuck, not sure what level you have played at but anyone who has played grade is a very good player.
I agree he doesnt look first grade premiership material but that doesnt mean " he just isnt any good"