Rd 16 vs Sharks 3-2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
would’ve given avo the 3 until the ‘chip and chase’. reluctant to give points to any of them to be honest but if it has to be done

3 King - best of a bad bunch
2 Avo - tried hard, didn’t drop a ball in horrendous conditions
1 Kiraz - did his best defending inside the most inept winger i’ve ever seen and also took plenty of runs out of our own end

Special mention to flanno, one of his better games for us, still nowhere near at the level we need creatively but defends well
I reckon the 4 you mentioned were the standouts.

Had JMK at the top of list in first half with Flanno just behind him, but I think by end of the game, Averillo was best given he was near faultless at the back and given he played a position where he had no backup support, it was exceptional.

Middles like Jacko, Vaughan, King did well along with Waddell. RFM was good and bad but I was most disappointed with Burton and JAC who needed to stand up but showed no initiative.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can we just highlight how good Averillo looks at FB. He seems so more engaging within the game and to win. He gets pumped when he scores, gets involved heaps and looks to try and help this team with every touch. So happy this is turning out well for him. Deserves it after the shit he has been through with the ass coaching and treatment so far.
Agreed. Hope he keeps developing, there could be more upside to him with some hard work from him and the coaching staff.

daisy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They were playing in a swimming pool yesterday. You were never going to get players running for 200m
I know it was wet the sharks back 5 all run for over 100metres will Kennedy 170 m I just think he needs to get more involved

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I know it was wet the sharks back 5 all run for over 100metres will Kennedy 170 m I just think he needs to get more involved
He definitely needs to do a bit more carrying the ball from the back but Hynes kicked us to death yesterday. We only managed 35 kick return metres from our backs combined while the Sharks managed 170 kick return metres. I'm sure he will get those carries up over time and will get better touches in attack once our halves get their shit sorted.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He definitely needs to do a bit more carrying the ball from the back but Hynes kicked us to death yesterday. We only managed 35 kick return metres from our backs combined while the Sharks managed 170 kick return metres. I'm sure he will get those carries up over time and will get better touches in attack once our halves get their shit sorted.
hynes was super yesterday, completely outplayed our halves

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
3. JMK - when was the last time you saw the hooker make more running metres than any of the backs and both starting props? Because that is what JMK did in this game, as well as topping the tackle count and getting a try assist
2. Waddell - 178m, no errors or pens, some great tackles including a 1 on 1 try saver
1. RFM - huge effort, 148m, among our quickest for PTB, deserved a try, and his drop was the only blemish on his game

Honourable mention to Averillo, good safe hands at the back in the wet, and good work for the try. Was disappointed in his lack of running metres though.

Gotta wonder if our backs were told not to bother with running in the wet, not one of them made 100m, which would have to be extremely rare.
The Sharks backs were the ones that won them the game. Compare their metres to ours and it paints a clear picture. Allan gives us very strong ball running which we missed today.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our ability between 6 and 7 to get repeat sets has to be much better.
Last tackle options average at best.
Need to be better.
Burton needs to be consistent

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a dry track, the result could have been different.
We were playing "safety first" one-out hit-up football for most of the game and it killed us, it was as if Baz was haunting the sideline again.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
On a dry track, the result could have been different.
We were playing "safety first" one-out hit-up football for most of the game and it killed us, it was as if Baz was haunting the sideline again.
Well his former assistants were running the show. They did the haunting on his behalf.

Last edited:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Votes for the round

Jake Averillo 57
Jeremy Marshall-King 54
Corey Waddell 23