Opinion Our Nsw cup side

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many times has TK wanted our Cup side to replace our top side? One bad game in a monsoon and it’s “sack the lot”.

I hope you guys don’t treat your employees this way, sure fire way to get sued.

Genuine question: does the spray-on resin work in those conditions?

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many times has TK wanted our Cup side to replace our top side? One bad game in a monsoon and it’s “sack the lot”.

I hope you guys don’t treat your employees this way, sure fire way to get sued.

Genuine question: does the spray-on resin work in those conditions?
LOL it easy sitting behind your keyboard and say anything without ramifications , if it was TK was running the club we wouldn't have a team every player would be sacked lol.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100%

We are really thin in the forwards, we could of used a couple today, would of saved us trying to go around them and failing.

PS I don't think most fans know how badly that **** fucked us....
don't forget from the roster we had Thompson Herrington, plus another one can't think of his name out.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If our nsw cup team is showing depth issue in the club, then other clubs are having bigger issue, right? Judging by their position on the ladder

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What people forget is there has been a transition where some of our nswcup talent has now transitioned into first like kiraz/zac/morrin if he wasn’t injured alamotti would be in 1sts this week and and our first grade duds are on there way out in reggies I assume we have a fresh batch coming up from flegg next year

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Missing yesterday. Thompson, Ava, Hetherington, Sikritas, Stuckey, Tanner, Patalo.All front rowers. NSW Cup filled with Flegg players and subsequently our Flegg having to field almost their SG Ball forward pack. Wakeman and Alomoti also out. Some of these kids are performing very well. Credence, Alamoti, BBO and most of the forwards still qualify for Jersey Flegg. Flegg only lost by 2 and NSW Cup were well in the game despite terrible ball security particularly by Lume Lume, Knockonbur and Doorey. Jets had a very experienced side with heaps of NRL experience. As far as I know only injury in Sharks club was Uelle. We were always going to be up against it in all 3 grades on the weekend.
PS Braiden Burnes had a solid game after a long lay off from a hamstring injury. I would think he will be back in the NRL team in the centres with Kiraz shifting to wing. I believe ALLAN is out for an extended period along with Alamoti .The only other options are Lume Lume Okunbur and Casey. So Burnes it is.

Last edited:

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Missing yesterday. Thompson, Ava, Hetherington, Sikritas, Stuckey, Tanner, Patalo.All front rowers. NSW Cup filled with Flegg players and subsequently our Flegg having to field almost their SG Ball forward pack. Wakeman and Alomoti also out. Some of these kids are performing very well. Credence, Alamoti, BBO and most of the forwards still qualify for Jersey Flegg. Flegg only lost by 2 and NSW Cup were well in the game despite terrible ball security particularly by Lume Lume, Knockonbur and Doorey. Jets had a very experienced side with heaps of NRL experience. As far as I know only injury in Sharks club was Uelle. We were always going to be up against it in all 3 grades on the weekend.
Well said - can add Jack Todd and possibly Bailey Cox (not sure if he played flegg) to the front rowers not available - unless the middles get the go forward not much quality attack will happen.

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
by a long way. and considering knockonbur has feet for hands and lumelume never has his eyes on the prize, that’s saying a lot
You are right about his eyes, he was due for eye surgery but had to delay to season's end due to his late signing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
PS Braiden Burnes had a solid game after a long lay off from a hamstring injury. I would think he will be back in the NRL team in the centres with Kiraz shifting to wing. I believe ALLAN is out for an extended period along with Alamoti .The only other options are Lume Lume Okunbur and Casey. So Burnes it is.
Toia wing please

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well said - can add Jack Todd and possibly Bailey Cox (not sure if he played flegg) to the front rowers not available - unless the middles get the go forward not much quality attack will happen.
Yeh. Forgot about them. We debued a Fijian giant from Flegg yesterday in NSW Cup. He went ok. Sam Hughes placed on report for a crusher yesterday , so likely missing next game as well.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeh. Forgot about them. We debued a Fijian giant from Flegg yesterday in NSW Cup. He went ok. Sam Hughes placed on report for a crusher yesterday , so likely missing next game as well.
Epeseli S - started the year in Sydney Shield - he hardly bent the line in Flegg and got gassed pretty quick - see how he goes if he can get some fitness

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They were a bit disappointing against the jets IMO, they lacked a bit of creativity . . . Preparing to play first grade for us perhaps

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
BBO doing more good things at half than Flanagan is. Didn't fire yesterday but his kicking and organising are improving well. Not saying we should promote him yet but he's a better half than Flanagan.
I like BBO as he has potential plus he didn't have a sook when Barrett didn't include him in the HB merry-go-round.

Just went back to work trying to improve himself.

Since flamingo will have another cry to the media, I'm afraid BBO will only get a shot if Flamingo gets injured. Then that will be the last we see of him in FG.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like BBO as he has potential plus he didn't have a sook when Barrett didn't include him in the HB merry-go-round.

Just went back to work trying to improve himself.

Since flamingo will have another cry to the media, I'm afraid BBO will only get a shot if Flamingo gets injured. Then that will be the last we see of him in FG.
Don‘t worry mate he will see first grade at some point, he is actually doing well in the lower grade it’s a good place to hone your skills.
BBO has a long career I’ve always believed in not rushing the players into a fire pit .

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Rugby kid is decent size and alright pace.

They threw him on the wing for about 2 minutes at the start of the second half and then came back on and played the last 12 on the wing.

Didn’t really have to do anything in defence, saw him take about 3 runs. Last run was strong, skilled on his feet for a big ****.

Project player for sure. Do not even call for him to play first grade this year though.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

They threw him on the wing for about 2 minutes at the start of the second half and then came back on and played the last 12 on the wing.

Didn’t really have to do anything in defence, saw him take about 3 runs. Last run was strong, skilled on his feet for a big ****.

Project player for sure. Do not even call for him to play first grade this year though.
He's playing next week and scoring a double.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

He looked quite ok.

All backline fairly average tho. Do we have a catching coach? :grinning: The handling at clutch moments is terrible.