News Flooding

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Again I’m watching all of this water go out to sea, the surf is crazy and so many areas are always constantly flooding. Does anyone plan ahead? We are in a climate emergency now that we’ve moved on from just global warming and need to fix this issue. Maybe we need better advice and forward planning?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
@ASSASSIN @NPC83 - coaching sucks. Kids are usually great but the parents - thank fck shit head now is 17 and I'm out for good.

We had a meeting with BOM this arvo and looks like we are tracking (so far) at what the forecast was saying. They are also saying we're getting a full east coast low tomorrow. That could be 150mm extra (above the 100mm forecast) on a bad day and no way to tell.

If you're prone to flooding - keep an ear out.
Thanks brother. Ok with flooding here but our home footy field has poor drainage so by the sounds of it no training and game this coming week. Just going to light the coals and cook a bbq tomorrow kick back and watch the UFC.. can’t do much else.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty wet! So wet down here in Wollongong my surfing comp got called off tomorrow

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Just going to light the coals and cook a bbq tomorrow kick back and watch the UFC.. can’t do much else.
GGF. I'm working.

Pissed coz I don't know if I can dodge the result of Volk/Holloway before I have time to work out whether I want to watch it after.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
GGF. I'm working.

Pissed coz I don't know if I can dodge the result of Volk/Holloway before I have time to work out whether I want to watch it after.
Gotta do what you gotta do bro.. tomorrows card looks insane it’s been a while since I’ve wanted to watch almost every fight… even the pre cums look awesome

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Most people collect Jordan’s I was thinking of starting a trend collecting Dunlop Volleys. You down?
I've never worn volleys in my life haha

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Again I’m watching all of this water go out to sea, the surf is crazy and so many areas are always constantly flooding. Does anyone plan ahead? We are in a climate emergency now that we’ve moved on from just global warming and need to fix this issue. Maybe we need better advice and forward planning?
They're working on it. Hard to deal with when the climate is changing faster than it ever has before.

There's many calling for Northern NSW and Southern Queensland areas to be listed as an inhabitable zone so the government can buy out the houses there and relocate people.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Bugger, so I can’t get a run on WES.ASX. I’ll hold anyway, but thanks for the gauge effort :-).
Hope you are holding up alright mate. I’m e a jungle at there at the moment. The ASX that is

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
They're working on it. Hard to deal with when the climate is changing faster than it ever has before.

There's many calling for Northern NSW and Southern Queensland areas to be listed as an inhabitable zone so the government can buy out the houses there and relocate people.
True but apparently they can accurately predict what will happen in thousands of years also.
That’s a good move with Lismore. If people don’t have the brains to move they should be forced to. It’s harsh but seriously they can’t even get insured and keep getting bailed out

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In China there government built a dam with houses directly in its path, they were told to get out and didnt, so when flood gates were opened it was goodbye to them all.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
True but apparently they can accurately predict what will happen in thousands of years also.
That’s a good move with Lismore. If people don’t have the brains to move they should be forced to. It’s harsh but seriously they can’t even get insured and keep getting bailed out
The projections aren't very accurate. They model likely scenarios based on known earth systems. Basically they can tell roughly how much the temperature will rise, and roughly how much the sea level will rise. That stuff is easy to model and has generally been accurate in the models (even though climate deniers will tell you it hasn't)

But the rest of the stuff is full of unknowns. So many feedback systems that are near impossible to model. Which is the actual scary part. The unknowns.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You are talking about the government here good luck with that