Stop overreacting

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously.

We win a couple of games, it’s all “Give Burton a million” and “We can make the grand final”.

We lose a game in the worst conditions I’ve seen in a while and it’s back to “Burton is a centre” “Lock in the spoon” “Casey is the worst player ever”.

While I’m disappointed with the loss (and Casey’s debut particularly), the conditions were tough out there and every player from both teams struggled.

We’re not making the finals this year, it’s all about building for next year. The team will learn from this and hopefully beat Souths in a couple of weeks.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've never been on the Burton Jizz fest. I still don't think he is a great half. He lacks vision, he lacks a running game and defensively he makes a lot of poor decisions. His first instinct is to always pass or kick. We all know Burton has a great running game with a combination of speed and footwork BUT because everyone's always talking about his kicking he now only has that in his arsenal.
For Burton to reach his potential, the Bulldogs need to invest in a really good #7 or its always just going to be more of what were seeing him do now.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seriously.

We win a couple of games, it’s all “Give Burton a million” and “We can make the grand final”.

We lose a game in the worst conditions I’ve seen in a while and it’s back to “Burton is a centre” “Lock in the spoon” “Casey is the worst player ever”.

While I’m disappointed with the loss (and Casey’s debut particularly), the conditions were tough out there and every player from both teams struggled.

We’re not making the finals this year, it’s all about building for next year. The team will learn from this and hopefully beat Souths in a couple of weeks.
Calm down dude, you are gunna blow…

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sharks will go very close to the pre lims this year... AND we could have won that game.

Looking good for 2023 when we have Mahoney at hooker who knows how to pass to his right.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I've never been on the Burton Jizz fest. I still don't think he is a great half. He lacks vision, he lacks a running game and defensively he makes a lot of poor decisions. His first instinct is to always pass or kick. We all know Burton has a great running game with a combination of speed and footwork BUT because everyone's always talking about his kicking he now only has that in his arsenal.
I think he could be a way better fullback than a half. I wish he was developed as one through juniors and NSW cup. He generally plays way better when he has less time to think and acts on instinct.

Really though I can cop bad games from him, but when his running game is strong and he refuses to take a run and cop a hit it makes me detest the bloke. He threw 2 hospital passes to Schoupp and 1 to Flanno... Unacceptable for a bloke his size.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think he could be a way better fullback than a half. I wish he was developed as one through juniors and NSW cup. He generally plays way better when he has less time to think and acts on instinct.

Really though I can cop bad games from him, but when his running game is strong and he refuses to take a run and cop a hit it makes me detest the bloke. He threw 2 hospital passes to Schoupp and 1 to Flanno... Unacceptable for a bloke his size.
Na Averillo clear at fullback ;)

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I agree bro, he just doesn't want to run the ball anymore and lacks vision. We saw at the Panthers and even in Origin how fucking good he is when he tucks the ball under the arm and takes the line on.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Flanagan wasn't too bad especially in this condition I feel he had a better game than Burton.
Flanagan wasn't any better or worse than he has been in previous weeks, it's just that Burton was THAT bad he looked better. If Flanagan is our halfback again next season we're fucked.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seriously.

Are you surprised tho???? I'm not, This is the kennel all over.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I blame the recruitment idiots mostly thinking some of these players are good enough, to be brutally honest, i would recruit players that have played in Penrith and Parramatta competitions.
I read about the up and coming younger players in Bulldogs development squads that are signed by club and honestly they would struggle in Penrith and Parramatta comps.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
For Burton to reach his potential, the Bulldogs need to invest in a really good #7 or its always just going to be more of what were seeing him do now.
Disagree lacking vision. Many times he’s executed the right play with either a pass or a kick to score a try.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Disagree lacking vision. Many times he’s executed the right play with either a pass or a kick to score a try.
Kicks to addo car requires great vision even if it’s pre antiscipated or planned. Even his bombs have disposed of actual placement of late. It’s not nessecarily 100% but for his age he will develop into having Thurston vision. He needs a geniune halfback to play with I feel to allow him more freedom and take some pressure of.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Seriously.

Bingo and perfectly written - when all the teenagers on here finish puberty, some common sense may return. We played a top 6 team with 2 players down in atrocious conditions - unlucky today.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I agree bro, he just doesn't want to run the ball anymore and lacks vision. We saw at the Panthers and even in Origin how fucking good he is when he tucks the ball under the arm and takes the line on.
I think you fellas forgot the start of the season when he never threw the ball and constantly just took a run copping countless hits... He has now developed into a half that kicks and passes. Sooner or later he will be comfortable doing both and will gain the experience and knowledge on when to kick, run and/or pass.

I reckon the biggest test for him will be next year when he will have so much strike outside him and analyzing when to use Kikau as a decoy and when to kick/pass to him and/or his outside men.

That edge will be so deadly...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think you fellas forgot the start of the season when he never threw the ball and constantly just took a run copping countless hits... He has now developed into a half that kicks and passes. Sooner or later he will be comfortable doing both and will gain the experience and knowledge on when to kick, run and/or pass.

I reckon the biggest test for him will be next year when he will have so much strike outside him and analyzing when to use Kikau as a decoy and when to kick/pass to him and/or his outside men.

That edge will be so deadly...
It doesn't matter what he did early in the season, he avoided contact today. As half should never put someone in a worse position than themselves.
No doubt he will get better, especially with better players around him, but he avoided the physical contest today sadly.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what he did early in the season, he avoided contact today. As half should never put someone in a worse position than themselves.
No doubt he will get better, especially with better players around him, but he avoided the physical contest today sadly.
Your looking to much into it... He just played his first SOO and was way under done on what was a difficult day to get up.. He was literally still on a come down from such a high.

The kid was buggered! You could see him all game lagging... watching him trying to get back in defense with 15 to go after he let that last try in was painful to watch..

Its the reason i fukn hate SOO and espescially them playing it during the season, it fcuks with teams and players physical and mental capacities. Should alwaysd be played at the end of the year.

Anyways watch him next week, he will show you what a champion he is because I bet ya he is more filthy than anyone with that performance.