NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Celtics traded for Malcolm Brogdon. I hate that they traded another 1st, but they didn't give up much otherwise and he's a great fit offensively and defensively. It's a good deal for Boston..

They also signed Gallinari for bench scoring. Even though defensively he's horrible, he can space the floor and shoot it..

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Zion signed a 5 year, $231 million extension. I understand that the Pelicans had to re-sign him. But if he keeps getting injured and not looking after himself, that contract could look horrible in a year or two.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sacramento gave up a future 1st for Kevin Huerter.. Celtics gave up a 1st for Malcolm Brogdon.. Man some teams get value and other teams do horrible trades. Huerter is not worth a 1st.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Wolves trade essentially 5 1st round picks (4 1sts plus Kessler was a 1st this year), Vanderbilt and Beverly for Rudy Gobert when they have KAT who earns $55 million. 3 of those 1sts are unprotected.. And they get a pick swap another year..

That's the worst and weirdest trade I've seen from the Wolves.. If Gobert is worth 5 1sts, KD is worth 35 1sts.. Well done to the Jazz on the greatest trade rape in the NBA in years..

Last edited:

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Zach lavine signs his max extension. Not really he's worth the max since his d is pretty average but we shall see

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Zach lavine signs his max extension. Not really he's worth the max since his d is pretty average but we shall see
Tonnes of players not worth the max, got it. You had to re-sign him and he's one of the best scoring guards in the league. Unfortunately the salaries are crazy at the moment and dumb teams like the Wolves fuck the trade market.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Celtics traded for Malcolm Brogdon. I hate that they traded another 1st, but they didn't give up much otherwise and he's a great fit offensively and defensively. It's a good deal for Boston..

They also signed Gallinari for bench scoring. Even though defensively he's horrible, he can space the floor and shoot it..
Its a good deal if Brogdon can play more than 20 games next season. So injury prone but pacers did get fleeced a tad. Could of asked for maybe 1 first along with Neismith and Pritchard.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Tonnes of players not worth the max, got it. You had to re-sign him and he's one of the best scoring guards in the league. Unfortunately the salaries are crazy at the moment and dumb teams like the Wolves fuck the trade market.
Ik its why brunson got payed so much. Its just the market value. Simons who i like as a player got paid 25 million for scoring well without lillard, nurkic, mccollum for a huge chunk of their season so it made it easy to score with the bums they had around him like CJ Elliby, Justice Winslow etc.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I highly doubt Mitchell will stay with the Jazz and be apart of their rebuild. I expect heaps more moves from the Jazz in the next couple of days.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Its a good deal if Brogdon can play more than 20 games next season. So injury prone but pacers did get fleeced a tad. Could of asked for maybe 1 first along with Neismith and Pritchard.
Last year he missed a bunch of games but before that he'd been durable. I think if Indy weren't in tank mode all season, he would have played more games.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They ain't trading Durant for them 2 players.
Good. As a nugs fan I'd rather keep Murray and MPJ. We're legitimate contenders with those two healthy. MPJ might not have KD ceiling but he's still a massive prospect. Hate KD

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The Wolves just traded for him and gave up a lot.. I do not understand that fit at all when KAT is on $55 million a year and isn't a natural Power Forward. He struggles defensively as it is, now he has to slide against wings and forwards? Don't get it..

Plus they traded Beverly who was massive in helping them get to the playoffs..

The Jazz also got Vanderbilt who is solid. Kessler is a rookie big I like a lot that blocks shots really well and had multiple triple doubles with blocks in college.. And multiple 1sts.. Great deal for Utah. Weird move for Minny..
That's why the Wolves will always be the Wolves. Only way it makes sense is if they plan on trading KAT.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It's the first time in Bulls history that they sign a player to a $100 million+ contract.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The Timberwolves are sending Malik Beasley, Patrick Beverley, Jarred Vanderbilt, 2022 first-round pick Walker Kessler and its 2023, 2025 and 2027 picks unprotected and a top-5 protected 2029 pick to Utah.

That is a massive overpay for Rudy Gobert.

If you can get that for Rudy Gobert then Kevin Durant is worth WAY more.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sacramento gave up a future 1st for Kevin Huerter.. Celtics gave up a 1st for Malcolm Brogdon.. Man some teams get value and other teams do horrible trades. Huerter is not worth a 1st.
I really liked Huerter when he first came into the league but he never kicked on and is likely to just be a career rotational guy. He did show some good signs in the Hawks run to the conference finals in 2021 but its basically career suicide being sent to the Kings.

Stevens has really set up Boston to be even better than they were last season. I like the move for Brodgon.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Great moves by Boston. They have a 6th man now who can backup both Smart & Brown.

Last edited:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I disagree, he is worth a first but only for a title contender not for a team like the Kings. I'd rather have Huerter who shot 38.9% from 3 this past season then say pick 28 in the draft.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Timberwolves are sending Malik Beasley, Patrick Beverley, Jarred Vanderbilt, 2022 first-round pick Walker Kessler and its 2023, 2025 and 2027 picks unprotected and a top-5 protected 2029 pick to Utah.

That is a massive overpay for Rudy Gobert.

If you can get that for Rudy Gobert then Kevin Durant is worth WAY more.
I sort of get what they are doing in theory, trying to play KAT as a stretch big and have elite interior defence with Gobert, but I just dont think its the right way to go for them.

KAT wont be able to create as much separation against PFs as he can with C's in todays game. And because Gobert has no perimeter game it essentially limits KAT into being a stretch 4... one thats being paid 50m a season.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Utah would have to be one of the most interesting teams in the league at the moment.

They've got 4 picks from the Wolves, 1 pick from Brooklyn and their own picks.

But they also have Mitchell and apparently they plan to keep him, so they'll need to make some moves.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I disagree, he is worth a first but only for a title contender not for a team like the Kings. I'd rather have Huerter who shot 38.9% from 3 this past season then say pick 28 in the draft.
I like Huerter but if a late 1st gets you Brogdon, then a better 1st from Sacramento should get you a lot more than Huerter.