Gus hints at possible new signing.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If it is Lachie Miller, he'd cost very little and would be a good backup fullback/half option.

Remember, people said who is Kiraz, why are we signing him? Who is Max King, why are we signing him? So trust Gus..

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually watched the video and the question was have you ever signed a player from Rugby? Gus was definitely hinting about signing a player directly from Rugby so I have no idea why Miller who is already playing League is being tossed around.
The Tigers just signed a guy from the Waratahs so it could be anybody. My guess it’s more likely to he a Fijian winger or something along those lines than a guy from the All Blacks

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually watched the video and the question was have you ever signed a player from Rugby? Gus was definitely hinting about signing a player directly from Rugby so I have no idea why Miller who is already playing League is being tossed around.
The Tigers just signed a guy from the Waratahs so it could be anybody. My guess it’s more likely to he a Fijian winger or something along those lines than a guy from the All Blacks
Yeah it wouldn't surprise me if it's just someone from junior rugby no one's ever heard of.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
From left field….. could be Vunivalu? Comes in on the wing for Kiraz - Kiraz moves to centre. Corey Allen departs?

Wild guess.
Vunivalu signed on with rugby for another two seasons.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Aaaaaand here come 30 pages of speculation. It could be any of hundreds of players in any age range starting from SG ball, or just Gus trolling with a very offhand comment. Don't let me stop people from making stabs in the dark or throwing out their wishlist of players from union.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If it is Lachie Miller, he'd cost very little and would be a good backup fullback/half option.

Remember, people said who is Kiraz, why are we signing him? Who is Max King, why are we signing him? So trust Gus..
I get your drift but not everyone he signs is going to be a goodun.This guy Is busy yes but also is 28 small and from the rah rahs so it's a bit different to the other guys you mention, for backup/cheap all good will trust the man knows his limitations but i see some potentially if there are high-ish expectations.