U.S. Politics - Thread

U.S. Politics

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
christianity is on a downward spiral at present (look at the last Australian census for example) and the decision of Row v Wade will unjustifiably paint all christian denominations with the same brush...

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
christianity is on a downward spiral at present (look at the last Australian census for example) and the decision of Row v Wade will unjustifiably paint all christian denominations with the same brush...
True Christians don't give a damn what the world thinks of us. The only person we want and need to impress is Jesus.

We are destined to receive tribulation, this is nothing yet.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nah, I don't buy too much into the census, a lot of people put down "No Religion" as they don't wish to share that information. A lot of people are now encouraged by their Churches to write down their Denomination or Rite instead of just writing "Christian" or "Catholic". I think you will find Protestant Christians are rising world wide, while Catholic Christians are taking a dip. All in all Christianity is strong.

"By 2050, Protestantism is projected to rise to slightly more than half of the world's total Christian population. According to other experts such as Hans J. Hillerbrand, Protestants will be as numerous as Catholics."

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah, I don't buy too much into the census, a lot of people put down "No Religion" as they don't wish to share that information. A lot of people are now encouraged by their Churches to write down their Denomination or Rite instead of just writing "Christian" or "Catholic". I think you will find Protestant Christians are rising world wide, while Catholic Christians are taking a dip. All in all Christianity is strong.

"By 2050, Protestantism is projected to rise to slightly more than half of the world's total Christian population. According to other experts such as Hans J. Hillerbrand, Protestants will be as numerous as Catholics."
The decision in the US doesn't help matters though, also Hillerbrand has skin in the game...

Last edited:

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score

the census 'no religion' were the people who actively responded. it was an optional question.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the census 'no religion' were the people who actively responded. it was an optional question.
Well yeh, optional it was. I just couldn't remember exactly how the question was structured. My point basically was that it won't show the true numbers for the religion side of things.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Forgot to add, Scalia wasn't most respected by the left and right. He was one of the more entertaining judges but he was seen as a right wing Conservative. At the time on the bench he was considered to be one of the most Conservative Justices there was. He was adamantly against abortion and same-sex marriage.

Not saying he's wrong. But don't frame an ultra-conservative as "most respected by the left and right"
Did I mention lie, cheat and steal? (to be clear this is in reference to realist's multiple lies in regards to roe vs wade).

1656387583214.png

1656387611674.png

1656387642807.png

Last edited:

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
in Western nations, yes... I think though that we will see a renewal of faith in other nations

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The more primitive a nation the more religious they tend to be.
Though you need to really wonder about the US...
Murika is headed fast to becoming a 3rd world country with its division, food shortages, power grids buckling, gun violence, etc.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The more primitive a nation the more religious they tend to be.
Though you need to really wonder about the US...
the US is considerably more religious than Europe... more conservative, too

but I was thinking more along the lines of this growing social and cultural schism between the West and Eurasia and I just think that as we see the level of faith drop in the West, we will see a corresponding uptick elsewhere --> f*+#, even the Communists in Russia have found God despite Marx's teachings

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe a few republican judges might pass away when Biden is in charge. Then he can nominate his picks. Clarence Thomas wouldn't be missed.
I’m a fan of the pull out method.
Pull Clarence Thomas out of the SCOTUS :-).

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
You talk of democracy and the peoples right to vote, So who voted to strike out Roe vs Wade????

Was there a referendum we didn't hear about?

Instead of having the government forcing people on how to live their lives, you now have the Supreme Court doing it.

A bunch of judges appointed by the government doing Trumps bidding not the peoples.

What is the difference???

Did the people vote to have Roe vs Wade thrown out?

Did the people vote in the judges who made this decision?

Democracy in action?

Bullshit.
did the people vote to have roe vs wade put in?

stop whining, this is 100% the democratic process

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

It’s merely stated that it’s unconstitutional.. the founders made sure it was up to the states to make these decisions. Hence why businesses are covering travel costs for those wanting abortion. The word shall not be infringed is what the founders put in place. I’d rather pay for a plane ticket to travel then 3 months maternity leave.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The child at the centre of it all… Shelly, the daughter of “Jane Roe”.

This interview was conducted prior to the recent SCOTUS decision regarding Abortion..

Last edited:

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Having Roe v Wade forcibly removed is your version of the democratic process?

Roe vs Wade came into existence as there was a dispute and the court was required to make a ruling because of the civil case.

In this instance there was no case before the court. There was need for a ruling.

Roe v Wade has been scrapped because the High Court judges just felt like it.

Great example of the democratic process in action.

That horse paste has destroyed your IQ Rod

EDIT - @Rodzilla I was wrong about there not being a case in front of the Supreme Court.

@Realist90 maybe I should take your advice and check out Twitter and MSN then I may have known this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.