NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Malla

Reaction score
Supposedly the Hawks and Spurs are still working on a Dejounte deal.. Collins might be involved or it might be for multiple 1sts and some bench players and without Collins..
Good deal for Hawks. No idea what this Murray issue with Spurs is though? I thought he was a corner stone player for their franchise. I am still surprised.

Anyway, this takes a lot of the play making pressure off Trae but it still doesn't mean Trae should not have the ball in his hands. I don't think he is that good of a shooter off catch and shoot screens or spot up shooting, does a lot of his damage off the dribble so we'll see if it works but on paper I think this is a great deal for both teams.

Malla

Reaction score
Storylines before free agency starts and the trades start coming..

- Kyrie likely gone, looking to play for the Lakers.. Might opt out and sign for much, much less as teams won't offer him the max he's looking for on a long term deal due to obvious risks

- KD likely to ask for a trade if Kyrie walks..

- Miles Bridges wants the max, Hornets won't give it to him. He'll test free agency. May still stay with the Hornets

- Dejounte on the market. Hawks leading the pursuit

- Donovan Mitchell still wants out

- Gobert likely on the move too

- Ayton unlikely to get the max from the Suns.. Will test the market

- John Wall to get bought out.. Clippers and Lakers (if they don't get Kyrie) likely options..

- No one is bailing the Lakers out with a Westbrook trade..

- Capela and/or Collins maybe on the move from the Hawks

- Beal likely to re-sign with the Wizards on a max contract

- Spurs looking to rebuild and acquire picks for the 23 draft..

- Philly likely to extend Harden and get PJ Tucker.. Morey all in on trying to put his Houston team back together..
- Kyrie is a walking disaster. The idea of him might be extremely tempting but I think he makes championship level teams worse. If Lakers move Russ to pursue him, I don't believe they get better. I think Lakers should just go one more year of Russ and restart next season. Their issue for me was always defense and rebounding. Make adjustments there, see what happens, then re-set next season.
- Miami interested in KD but they would have to give up Herro and a first round pick in a trade - I think they should definitely do it. This is Miami's window right now.
- Ayton to Pistons is the lasts rumor I saw which makes sense as Pistons have cap space and Ayton is not a winning C.
- Hawks should NOT move Capella.
- Beal will sign the max with Wizards.
- That Philly team looks so bad. If they run it back with PJ, they gotta figure out a way to move Tobias and probably need a new coach. I really don't rate Morey as a GM at all.

Malla

Reaction score
Update
- Kyrie will opt in to his final year with Nets
- Bridges is not going to be offered a max from Hornets

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good deal for Hawks. No idea what this Murray issue with Spurs is though? I thought he was a corner stone player for their franchise. I am still surprised.

Anyway, this takes a lot of the play making pressure off Trae but it still doesn't mean Trae should not have the ball in his hands. I don't think he is that good of a shooter off catch and shoot screens or spot up shooting, does a lot of his damage off the dribble so we'll see if it works but on paper I think this is a great deal for both teams.
Yeah I agree, I don't know that it would be a great fit and Trae is better off the dribble but Dejounte puts a lot of pressure on defences with his speed and is a great defender so it would be interesting to see how they play if it happened. Dallas used two PGs with Doncic and Brunson and that worked out well..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
- Kyrie is a walking disaster. The idea of him might be extremely tempting but I think he makes championship level teams worse. If Lakers move Russ to pursue him, I don't believe they get better. I think Lakers should just go one more year of Russ and restart next season. Their issue for me was always defense and rebounding. Make adjustments there, see what happens, then re-set next season.
- Miami interested in KD but they would have to give up Herro and a first round pick in a trade - I think they should definitely do it. This is Miami's window right now.
- Ayton to Pistons is the lasts rumor I saw which makes sense as Pistons have cap space and Ayton is not a winning C.
- Hawks should NOT move Capella.
- Beal will sign the max with Wizards.
- That Philly team looks so bad. If they run it back with PJ, they gotta figure out a way to move Tobias and probably need a new coach. I really don't rate Morey as a GM at all.
I'd love Kyrie to go to the Lakers. It'd be such a Lakers move and wouldn't work out well for them. I'd love to see them implode again..

Now that Detroit drafted Duren I reckon they'll pass on giving Ayton the max. But they do have cap space..

I could see Miami making a run at KD. Pat Riley always has a big move up his sleeve.

Morey is the most overrated GM ever. His hard on for Harden blinds his judgement.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Now Kyrie has supposedly opted into his deal which means he has one year and $37 million left on his deal. Will make it harder to trade him now as teams won't give up much for him knowing he'll be a FA next season. Will be interesting to see what happens.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If the Nets run it back with Kyrie and KD I think it would be another season of drama, overhyping and disappointment. I put the over/under of games played by Kyrie in the regular season at 50.5. I'd take the under for sure.

I don't think Steve Nash is a good coach but I feel sorry for him having to deal with all of this bullshit and constant disruption.

Malla

Reaction score
If the Nets run it back with Kyrie and KD I think it would be another season of drama, overhyping and disappointment. I put the over/under of games played by Kyrie in the regular season at 50.5. I'd take the under for sure.

I don't think Steve Nash is a good coach but I feel sorry for him having to deal with all of this bullshit and constant disruption.
What if Simmons come back 100%?? I think that makes Nets a wildcard pick, but I agree with you overall I don't think they will do anything because their coach is trash and he does not have the experience you need to deal with what he had to deal with last season. Simmons who seems like he hates basketball, Kyrie with all his off the court rubbish and I guess KD is the only one wanting to ball lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He'd be a good fit for them if he can stay healthy. He's barely played the last few seasons because the Rockets screwed him over.. It's not his fault he's on a horrible contract. I still think he has a lot to offer and can easily get 18 and 8.. Wall, PG and Kawhi is a great core. Injuries is the biggest issue with those three.. If they could ever get better big men they'd be even better..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What if Simmons come back 100%?? I think that makes Nets a wildcard pick, but I agree with you overall I don't think they will do anything because their coach is trash and he does not have the experience you need to deal with what he had to deal with last season. Simmons who seems like he hates basketball, Kyrie with all his off the court rubbish and I guess KD is the only one wanting to ball lol
I just still think they'll find a way to implode as Kyrie is team cancer. And if he's only opted in for a year, he's not going to play through injury or risk getting hurt so he'll play fuck all games.. I don't see this going well for them because he's the most selfish player I've ever seen.

I hope Simmons can play, stay healthy and find his groove again but I wouldn't hold my breath on that either after last season.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I just still think they'll find a way to implode as Kyrie is team cancer. And if he's only opted in for a year, he's not going to play through injury or risk getting hurt so he'll play fuck all games.. I don't see this going well for them because he's the most selfish player I've ever seen.

I hope Simmons can play, stay healthy and find his groove again but I wouldn't hold my breath on that either after last season.
Kyrie isn't a cancer. That's your hate from being a Boston fan. Kyrie has shown that he can be the second best player on a title team.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kyrie isn't a cancer. That's your hate from being a Boston fan. Kyrie has shown that he can be the second best player on a title team.
It's not just that.. That was 7 or so years ago. Since then wherever he's been, whichever team he's been on has underachieved, been blown up or had to deal with his numerous antics.

He's a great individual player who's one of the most skilled players ever but he's also one of the worst teammates and most selfish players in recent memory who only cares about himself. Like I said, due to his contract situation I guarantee he puts himself first and misses 25 plus games for various Kyrie reasons..

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It's not just that.. That was 7 or so years ago. Since then wherever he's been, whichever team he's been on has underachieved, been blown up or had to deal with his numerous antics.

He's a great individual player who's one of the most skilled players ever but he's also one of the worst teammates and most selfish players in recent memory who only cares about himself. Like I said, due to his contract situation I guarantee he puts himself first and misses 25 plus games for various Kyrie reasons..
Show me 1 article of other good players calling him a bad teammate. How is he more selfish than other players? They're all baselss claims without evidence.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Show me 1 article of other good players calling him a bad teammate. How is he more selfish than other players? They're all baselss claims without evidence.
Because he misses at least 30-40 games every season for minor injuries, events in the world, because his karma doesn't feel right, because of his vaccination status, because he wants to light incents that day..

He's played something like 120 games in 3 seasons. Tatum played more minutes in the playoffs than Kyrie did all season.

Since he won with the Cavs he's gone into full diva mode and is a complete egomaniac.

Malla

Reaction score
He'd be a good fit for them if he can stay healthy. He's barely played the last few seasons because the Rockets screwed him over.. It's not his fault he's on a horrible contract. I still think he has a lot to offer and can easily get 18 and 8.. Wall, PG and Kawhi is a great core. Injuries is the biggest issue with those three.. If they could ever get better big men they'd be even better..
Yes and No. He will be nothing more than depth off the bench.

I dont think Clippers need this signing. They have a stacked team with Kawhi and PG back to full health.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Because he misses at least 30-40 games every season for minor injuries, events in the world, because his karma doesn't feel right, because of his vaccination status, because he wants to light incents that day..

He's played something like 120 games in 3 seasons. Tatum played more minutes in the playoffs than Kyrie did all season.

Since he won with the Cavs he's gone into full diva mode and is a complete egomaniac.
Him not being vaxed isn't being selfish. He wanted to play.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Rumor going around is:

Ayton, Cam Johnson and Mikal for KD.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes and No. He will be nothing more than depth off the bench.

I dont think Clippers need this signing. They have a stacked team with Kawhi and PG back to full health.
I think he'll start at PG for them.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Rumor going around is:

Ayton, Cam Johnson and Mikal for KD.
If Kyrie isn't being traded, then it's most likely KD stays at least another year. Luckily for Brooklyn, KD is under contract for 4 more years without opt outs etc, so even if Kyrie walks after next season, they can still get full value back for KD in a trade.