Pope Francis resigning?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I can’t believe what I started..but great reading!!
I blame the dogs winning 2 in a row and looking like a good football team

Even the footy discussion section seems very slow, without much to discuss

We don't have enough drama going on at the club to spend more time discussing in the footy section, damn it!!!!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I blame the dogs winning 2 in a row and looking like a good football team

Even the footy discussion section seems very slow, without much to discuss

We don't have enough drama going on at the club to spend more time discussing in the footy section, damn it!!!!
Lol! Looks like it’s time for the mother of all threads… ‘Sack the Kennel..’

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol! Looks like it’s time for the mother of all threads… ‘Sack the Kennel..’
Bet the club will be so happy if that happened. (not the thread, about Sack the Kennel. If it really happened) The I know someone who walked near a member of the board 14 years ago & here is the football goss, will be no more. (sad face)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's because you have no answer to that
Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.

I'll answer with an analogy...

We allow Christianity in Australia, why don't we also allow religious human sacrifice? What are we, bigots?

Slippery slope fallacy is stupid and only used by ultra Conservatives who think they're being smart. There's a reason it's called a fallacy.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

We allow Christianity in Australia, why don't we also allow religious human sacrifice? What are we, bigots?

Slippery slope fallacy is stupid and only used by ultra Conservatives who think they're being smart. There's a reason it's called a fallacy.
Copium

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I don’t think it was a stupid question at all. It’s a question based on the standard you set.

The only defense you have is to label it a slippery slope. I mean we can probably give that label to many comments made on TK. But I get it, it’s your go to card when all else fails. Your analogy is ridiculous. If my question is a slippery slope, I’d say it’s about 1000th of a millimeter down the slope. Your analogy is about 1000 km’s down the slope.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t think it was a stupid question at all. It’s a question based on the standard you set.

The only defense you have is to label it a slippery slope. I mean we can probably give that label to many comments made on TK. But I get it, it’s your go to card when all else fails. Your analogy is ridiculous. If my question is a slippery slope, I’d say it’s about 1000th of a millimeter down the slope. Your analogy is about 1000 km’s down the slope.
"you accept transgender so why don't you accept a man in lingerie in public?" (paraphrasing)

You don't think that's a stupid question? You think that's not a lame slippery slope argument phrased as a question?

I honestly wasn't going to dignify the response with an answer because I thought it was an obvious troll response. I honestly thought you didn't equate the two. I am now seeing the actual issue. You really believe they are no different.

So to actually answer your question. Because transgender is accepted in modern society as something a person is. It's accepted because people who are transgender are not transgender by choice. They are who they are.

A man dressing in lingerie is either suffering a mental illness episode or he's just trying to piss people off. Transgender or not. It's considered unacceptable.

The fact that Conservatives can't tell the difference between an actual person who is actually transgender and a bloke dressing in lingerie in public, that shows the key issue here.

So again I bring up the Catholicism vs human sacrifice. Because that is the only way I figure that you can understand how totally different the two are.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"you accept transgender so why don't you accept a man in lingerie in public?" (paraphrasing)

You don't think that's a stupid question? You think that's not a lame slippery slope argument phrased as a question?

I honestly wasn't going to dignify the response with an answer because I thought it was an obvious troll response. I honestly thought you didn't equate the two. I am now seeing the actual issue. You really believe they are no different.

So to actually answer your question. Because transgender is accepted in modern society as something a person is. It's accepted because people who are transgender are not transgender by choice. They are who they are.

A man dressing in lingerie is either suffering a mental illness episode or he's just trying to piss people off. Transgender or not. It's considered unacceptable.

The fact that Conservatives can't tell the difference between an actual person who is actually transgender and a bloke dressing in lingerie in public, that shows the key issue here.

So again I bring up the Catholicism vs human sacrifice. Because that is the only way I figure that you can understand how totally different the two are.
Cope more