Opinion Paul Alamoti

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think he has the skills - to me it is about attitude n confidence around the phyicality of the game and intensity of involvement
He has scored 14 tries in first grade with 8 of them coming from doubles while usually being accompanied by other attacking stats so it's definitely mental thing with him.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You would think even Potter would offer more than Turner. But I agree with everything you said bro. Avo will have a few shakey moments and will need to improve his handling under the high ball, but he has all the skills to develop into a top line FB. He just needs to put in the hard work
The difference would be Pots could spend maybe an hour a week with him, "The Facilities" Turner is probably spending 10+ hours a week with him.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Congrats to Paul Alamoti on making the NSW Under 19's team!

Under 19 Men's Origin
New South Wales v Queensland
Thu June 23 2022, 7:45pm
at Leichhardt Oval, Lilyfield NSW

1. Terrell Kalo Kalo 2. Utuloa Asomua 3. Paul Alamoti 4. Brad Morkos 5. Jack Bostock 6. Thomas Weaver 7. Jonah Pezet 8. Max Bradbury 9. Tyler Moriarty 10. Justin Matamua 11. Oryn Keeley 12. Brandon Tumeth 13. Trey Mooney

14. Jack Cole 15. Toby Couchman 16. Larry Muagututia 17. Jacob Webster

18. Charlie Thompson 19. Oskar Bryant 20. Samuela Fainu 21. Jaylan De Groot

Coach: Andrew Ryan

1. Isaiah Iongi 2. Jacob Mene 3. Sosefo Fifita 4. Robert Toia 5. Xavier Chatfield-Mooka 6. Harradyn Wilson 7. Thomas Duffy 8. Xavier Va'a 9. Blake Mozer 10. Paul Bryan 11. Edward Hampson 12. Jack Howarth 13. Luke Jack

14. Jye Gray 15. Benjamin Te Kura 16. Josiah Pahulu 17. Kulikefu Finefeuiaki

18. Ragarive Wavik 19. Tane Kiriona 20. Kaleb Ngamanu 21. Shaun Packer 22. Angus Hinchey

Coach: Kurt Richards

Referee: Wyatt Raymond; Sideline Officials: Cameron Paddy, Nick Pelgrave; Video Referee: Kasey Badge

Last edited:

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The biggest thing with his stint in at HB was the knowledge gained from the workings of a NRL team. The direction, the strategy and learning from opposition halves up close would have been really good upskilling in order to read the game from the back.

Its funny because i said earlier this year that this would be Jake's break out year and thought i was looking like an absolutely dickhead but it looks like he is starting to develop into the player he should be... here's hoping!!

Also heard Potter say Steve Turner is helping with Avo closely, now Stevie is a former rep back but if we are going down that path surely the Club could hire a genuine ex superstar FB that could work close with him?
Yeah like for instance, Mick Potter.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah like for instance, Mick Potter.
Micks busy coaching the whole team whilst Zap is doing extra's. Wouldnt mind someone with a bit more free time to come in likeeeeee

Doglover28

Waterboy
Reaction score
Has Thomas Duffy been confirmed to the club? Cause on Gus’ podcast he rates him really highly

J_Cooper

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Watch for Rob Toia #4 for QLD. My brother in-laws nephew, I think he has a huge future. Unfortunately he’s with the Chooks. Would be nice if Gus is watching all these boys closely!

Malla

Reaction score
Watch for Rob Toia #4 for QLD. My brother in-laws nephew, I think he has a huge future. Unfortunately he’s with the Chooks. Would be nice if Gus is watching all these boys closely!
I think Gus gave him huge wraps on his pod, said he expects he will play first grade later this year

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez he looks good. Attack and defence. Gotta be a bit of pressure on Allen to retain his first grade spot over the back half of the season. I think Schoupp has done enough