NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I was agreeing with you... you started this with the "I cannot see into the future" bit
My bad then, I thought you were having a go at my comment. No hard feelings.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
all good

I guess where I was leading to is what does the Warriors winning now do for Durant's legacy?
I don't think it has any impact at all besides putting Curry over him on the all-time list. Durant is still arguably the best player in the game and has time to win a chip.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warriors!!! Extra satisfying after the injury comebacks. A few mates and I are kicking on to celebrate but commiserations to the Celtics fans here. That experience will be invaluable and you’ll be back
I didn’t think that they could actually win it this year absolutely fantastic.
My cousins in SF are fanatics definitely some big headaches tomorrow morning.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last three games were torture as a Celtics fan but full credit to the Warriors. Their experience shone through.. Draymond has his best game of the series today and had a huge impact at both ends. Steph was in control all game.. Klay and Wiggins stepped up after game 1.. Poole and Payton gave them a huge lift off the bench all series.

Tatum and Brown are superstars but they need to be tougher mentally and physically for the Celtics to take the next step. And they need some help from bench players to take the load off..
Celtics are a great club and team they will be back again next season contesting.
Nothing to be ashamed of at all.
Its just a matter of hitting your straps at the right time also mental strength plays a big part.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Celtics are a great club and team they will be back again next season contesting.
Nothing to be ashamed of at all.
Its just a matter of hitting your straps at the right time also mental strength plays a big part.
No excuses but I said before the finals that my worry was that two war-like series against the Bucks and Heat could take it out of them whereas the Warriors were fresh after easier series against Denver, Memphis without Ja for half the series and then Dallas who were overmatched. The Celtics looked tired mentally and physically as the Finals went on and the lack of bench made it harder to overcome..

The Warriors were the better, more experienced team and probably would have won anyway but I think that played a part in the Celtics hitting a wall the last three games.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No excuses but I said before the finals that my worry was that two war-like series against the Bucks and Heat could take it out of them whereas the Warriors were fresh after easier series against Denver, Memphis without Ja for half the series and then Dallas who were overmatched. The Celtics looked tired mentally and physically as the Finals went on and the lack of bench made it harder to overcome..

The Warriors were the better, more experienced team and probably would have won anyway but I think that played a part in the Celtics hitting a wall the last three games.
Definitely agree it’s such a long season then a final’s series on top of that.
Those additional games take a toll.
Have a beer or two and look forward to another season.

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't think it has any impact at all besides putting Curry over him on the all-time list. Durant is still arguably the best player in the game and has time to win a chip.
I had Durant as the best current player at start of season too but I got thinking....
Would I rather have Jokic or Giannis and are they genuinely better players and winners?
I'm saying they are.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I had Durant as the best current player at start of season too but I got thinking....
Would I rather have Jokic or Giannis and are they genuinely better players and winners?
I'm saying they are.
Well Jokic isn't because he's never been in the Finals before.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I didn’t think that they could actually win it this year absolutely fantastic.
My cousins in SF are fanatics definitely some big headaches tomorrow morning.
Massive night. Yeah mate I’ve been a fan since Tim Hardaway over 30 years ago and spend a lot of time in the states. I’ll try to find the Tab ticket I swear I put on at $34 hahaha

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Massive night. Yeah mate I’ve been a fan since Tim Hardaway over 30 years ago and spend a lot of time in the states. I’ll try to find the Tab ticket I swear I put on at $34 hahaha
Tim Hardaway's killer crossover was lethal back in the day. Playing point guard myself back then, I studied his crossover to apply it to my own game. I was also a fan of Latrell Sprewell during that Golden State time period, even though I was a Lakers man, back when they had Vlade Divac, Elden Campbell, Cedric Ceballos, Eddie Jones and Nick Van Exel as their starting line up.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope you find that ticket lol
I first went to SF in 1990 and have visited on a regular basis over the years.
Been following their NBA/NFL teams ever since.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Tim Hardaway's killer crossover was lethal back in the day. Playing point guard myself back then, I studied his crossover to apply it to my own game. I was also a fan of Latrell Sprewell during that Golden State time period, even though I was a Lakers man, back when they had Vlade Divac, Elden Campbell, Cedric Ceballos, Eddie Jones and Nick Van Exel as their starting line up.
For sure! Remember the start of NBA action with Hardaway & Van Exel? I loved that shit & started following the warriors then. It must’ve been 91 or 92. I was more a centre or power forward but wished I could crossover like Hardaway.

I was at the warriors game at the chase center this year when they announced Tim would enter the hall of fame. I didn’t even notice he was sitting near me until he stood up to thank the crowd. So awesome!!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hope you find that ticket lol
I first went to SF in 1990 and have visited on a regular basis over the years.
Been following their NBA/NFL teams ever since.
Nice mate! It’s a pretty cool city and they sure love their sport. I hope I didn’t bin it like my dogs top 8 ticket hahaha

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
For sure! Remember the start of NBA action with Hardaway & Van Exel? I loved that shit & started following the warriors then. It must’ve been 91 or 92. I was more a centre or power forward but wished I could crossover like Hardaway.

I was at the warriors game at the chase center this year when they announced Tim would enter the hall of fame. I didn’t even notice he was sitting near me until he stood up to thank the crowd. So awesome!!
The 90's NBA was the shiznit, have many fond memories of watching NBA Action then going out in the backyard and playing Bball for the rest of the day with my neighbours. I played competition basketball from my early teens til late 20's. Good times! I lived and breathed basketball back then. After Kobe retired I kind of fell off from the NBA but now my son has recently got right into it so I might have to start paying more attention.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The 90's NBA was the shiznit, have many fond memories of watching NBA Action then going out in the backyard and playing Bball for the rest of the day with my neighbours. I played competition basketball from my early teens til late 20's. Good times! I lived and breathed basketball back then. After Kobe retired I kind of fell off from the NBA but now my son has recently got right into it so I might have to start paying more attention.
It sure was. I loved collecting the cards and all the camps and comps. Remember the Gatorade 3 on 3 & the winner got to meet Jordan? I didn’t enjoy the times we had to watch games on replay though haha. No league passes then and people say Foxtel/Kayo are shit hardly showing any games haha

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
It sure was. I loved collecting the cards and all the camps and comps. Remember the Gatorade 3 on 3 & the winner got to meet Jordan? I didn’t enjoy the times we had to watch games on replay though haha. No league passes then and people say Foxtel/Kayo are shit hardly showing any games haha
I still have a heap of my NBA cards from back then packed away. Used to collect them and buy the Beckett card books to know what the insert cards were worth. Remember you used to be able to score Hot Packs, which was just all insert cards. I scored a few over the years of collecting. Would also buy numerous basketball magazines.

Yep I remember the Gatorade 3 v 3 comp. Talking of camps, went to a couple bball camps at the AIS. Ah yes, the one NBA game a week replay on channel 10.

Remember how massive basketball, a long with Rap music became during the 90's in Australia. Still think that was the peak period for both. I used to have so much Starter NBA gear from caps, to shirts, to jackets, to pants and what ever else I could get.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I still have a heap of my NBA cards from back then packed away. Used to collect them and buy the Beckett card books to know what the insert cards were worth. Remember you used to be able to score Hot Packs, which was just all insert cards. I scored a few over the years of collecting. Would also buy numerous basketball magazines.

Yep I remember the Gatorade 3 v 3 comp. Talking of camps, went to a couple bball camps at the AIS. Ah yes, the one NBA game a week replay on channel 10.

Remember how massive basketball, a long with Rap music became during the 90's in Australia. Still think that was the peak period for both. I used to have so much Starter NBA gear from caps, to shirts, to jackets, to pants and what ever else I could get.
Great memories mate. Your cards might be worth a bit. It was a great era