Topine makes a statement

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
[emoji190] Dogs gun makes contract statement [emoji190]

There was plenty to smile about in both grades for Bulldogs fans on Monday including fan favourite Jackson Topine running amok. Topine scored an impressive try where he beat four Eels players and also notched up 131 running metres, a linebreak and two tackle busts. The workhorse forward also made 33 tackles with two misses.

Topine comes off contract at the end of this season and there’s been no word yet on whether he’ll be re-signed. It’s baffling given the was named the Clubman of the Year in 2020 at just 19-years old and said in an interview last year that he would “go out there and die for the Bulldogs” ahead of his debut.FB_IMG_1655172787593.jpg

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our NRL side has been a mess this year. Our NSW Cup team, on the other hand, are a shot at playing the GF. Playing/winning a NSW Cup GF will be better for our juniors' development than languishing in a losing first grade team.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
If Gus is fair dinkum about bout Juniors, of course he’ll be re-signed. All a smoke screen to make sure his head doesn’t get too big when he invariably steps up either later this season or next season.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I feel like he’ll be re signed , but instead of warming the bench gus probably wants him getting minutes in reserves for this year to build himself up
Re-sign him so we can stop worrying then. Even so needs to be in the 17 now.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think a year in NSW cup is good for his development he's still only young & will be ready for 1st grade next year. We will need a player like him in our monster pack next year who is agile & can do a lot of clean up work defensively.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way he carries himself and leads the teams songs (all 3 lol) you'd say he knows he is going to be resigned and he has been communicated with re this season and the goals Gus has for him. I bank on he will be resigned and will be part of our team moving forward. Otherwise why would he be leading team songs and being as happy and positive as he is? (This is all wishful thinking though)

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where's this statement? Oh you mean him scoring that try? Pfft seriously man, he's definitely not a gun. He clearly loves the club, but I trust the people in charge to make the right call on him.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Gee must break his fanboys hearts seeing Morin getting the jump on him

Size matters

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if he was to go he would have signed for another team by now. Surly he is on the raider with other clubs. So I think he will be promised a starting spot next year if he earns it in the off-season and will be signed for another 3 years. Well i hope so

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read somewhere that he was told to go work on his defence.