Averillo Haters

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hope your praise is now as loud as the disrespect was after he just dipped his nuts in your mouths
I'm not an Averillo hater, but in the haters defence, he was rubbish at centre. For me I'm stoked hes at fullback, as Dufty the little fucker won't see NRL again.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was better today. Still, if intercept didn’t come off not a good day. Dropped a bomb with no pressure, costing us a 7 tackle set. Was a passenger on Blake’s first try. Thankfully called back for obstruction. Was a much better overall performance, good to see him in open space. Need to see more though, week after week. Actually looked like he was directing defensive players well.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah, the hate is ridiculous on here for Averillo. I’m sure some people feel really dumb and stupid now.
It's the internet so they don't, they're probably waiting for the day he fucks up so they can lay into him again haha.

I'm not declaring him a sure thing at the back just yet but there's definitely enough ability there to work with. The areas of concern are things like fitness, positioning and kick defusal but these are mostly things that can be improved on with a strong preseason. I did think defensively he was quite good, seemed to be talking well from the back and was organising our defensive line reasonably well. Even with their try he at least got across to keep Penis from grounding the ball closer to the post and that eventually lead to Moses missing the conversion. His ability in attack will continue to naturally come through as he builds his fitness, confidence and combinations in the side.

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the internet so they don't, they're probably waiting for the day he fucks up so they can lay into him again haha.

I'm not declaring him a sure thing at the back just yet but there's definitely enough ability there to work with. The areas of concern are things like fitness, positioning and kick defusal but these are mostly things that can be improved on with a strong preseason. I did think defensively he was quite good, seemed to be talking well from the back and was organising our defensive line reasonably well. Even with their try he at least got across to keep Penis from grounding the ball closer to the post and that eventually lead to Moses missing the conversion. His ability in attack will continue to naturally come through as he builds his fitness, confidence and combinations in the side.
I’m declaring sure thing.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’ll put my hand up and say after last year and the centre stint I was over it. He’s looked disinterested, no heart or commitment.

Move to fullback has done wonders. Though as someone else said I wanna see it for more then a couple games before I bust a nut.

Though it’s Fucking great to see him actually look like he gives a shit and is possibly able to help unlock both his happiness and a position we need badly.

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m still far from sold on Averillo. He had a decent game today and definitely worth persisting with at the back. There were still signs today that he doesn’t like contact.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Because this seems to be some sort of "I told you so" thread I will say this, I only hated him being played in obviously stupid positions he is/was clearly NOT capable of playing. I also hated that he was picked in it every week for over a season. I can be quoted atleast a year ago as saying he is a FB or maybe a centre, even before Dufty was signed I was screaming that he should be given a run at FB. After today, I rest my case.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the move to fullback has unlocked his game and true position. He doesn’t have the pressure leading the side and tackling. A work in progress but worth persisting.

Reactions: 88

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I never hated the kid I just wasn’t sure he would make any position his own. He still has a long way to go but looks much better at 1 than at centre, halfback or off the bench. If he keeps improving we might be on the way to solving a spine position for next year.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope your praise is now as loud as the disrespect was after he just dipped his nuts in your mouths
If you think he was good at centre or in the halves you a kidding yourself! He is going ok at fullback but still has to improvement and the more he plays there will benefit him and the team

Last edited: