CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol no 10 year deals :tearsofjoy:

He's definitely stepped it it up in recent weeks to be justifying a big money contract, his left boot is a massive point of difference and right now there isn't anyone better than him in that regard.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Centre that sets up tries and gets us out of trouble with his boot.

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I watch a lot of AFL (lived in Melbourne for five years so had no choice, I do support the Western Bulldogs though) and they talk a lot about how the good players “lower their eyes” before deciding their next play. It basically means taking some time to assess what’s in front of them and picking the right play rather than just bombing it as far forward as possible. In league we talk about “playing what’s in front of you”, I think it’s the same concept.

Burton is an absolute master at it. He plays on instinct, he looks up and sees what’s happening, decides in an instant what the best play is, and is then good enough to execute. I can’t even comprehend how good his kicking is. His short kicks especially are so subtle and so fast that I don’t think any defensive player can keep up. The fact he can also run, break tackles and pull that miracle on Moses as he’s scoring is just mind blowing.

If he is this good with the current players around him, imagine how insane he will be with Mahoney, Averillo, a decent 7 and Kikau running off him?

He will be the greatest player in the game within the next couple of seasons. Better than Munster, better than Turbo, better than Paps. There is no more important signing for us.