Averillo - Finally Found His Spot

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
WTF? How was he good? He produced bonehead posts that resulted in Penrith tries. Taking on the sideline with a rampaging Kikau bearing down on him is one of the dumbest things I’ve seen and the hospital pass he threw to Allan was the dangleberry on the kaka cake.
Then he helped instigate a line break along with JAC only to turn it into a Penrith try with another awful pass. His positional play was far from perfect too. He may learn that, but you can’t learn brains.

If we wanted a fullback who had the potential to create points but is always gonna leak more, we could have stuck with Dufty.
So how do academics "learn brains"???

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What? I rate Burton, I just don't agree that we should be throwing the bank at him or that it's the end of the world if we lose him. He has a lot of development left to do and he just isn't going to get there unless we address key issues within the squad and coaching staff. I'm seeing people talking 800k+ for him, then also saying we need to sign a halfback, fullback, fucking Haas, this fucking ****, etc. Where is all this money coming from? We need more Mahoney type signings, players that are polished and established in their roles and will have an immediate impact on the squad so players like Burton can actually develop and potentially get up to that tier of player. I'd chop of dick off for an established playmaker right now, Broncos and Cowboys have shown us that's exactly what you got to do to turn things around quickly in todays game.
100% this!
Though not quite sure who’s dick you are offering to chop off…

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Okay fair enough and I agree with all you say other than Burton’s price tag. If it means that we have to fork out 800K plus to secure then I’m all for it. When you consider the ridiculous money that players such as Thompson, Jackson and plodder Flanagan are on it’s a no brainer for mine. He has so much upside to his game and his capacity for future development is enormous. He has it all - speed, strength, agility, step, vision, versatility, vision even a handy goal kicker. He has it all. He’s already established a great combination with the FOX which compares with the best halves of the modern era. The poor bloke is having to take the responsibility of both halfback and 5/8 and making a real fist of it. In a few years he’ll be in the top 2-3 players in the comp on a consistent basis no question.
I’m ok with say $800k for Burton if it is a 4 year extension as while we might be paying overs for the first 1-2 years the 3rd and 4th would be good value + we get to keep him while we find the right players to put around him

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Okay fair enough and I agree with all you say other than Burton’s price tag. If it means that we have to fork out 800K plus to secure then I’m all for it. When you consider the ridiculous money that players such as Thompson, Jackson and plodder Flanagan are on it’s a no brainer for mine. He has so much upside to his game and his capacity for future development is enormous. He has it all - speed, strength, agility, step, vision, versatility, vision even a handy goal kicker. He has it all. He’s already established a great combination with the FOX which compares with the best halves of the modern era. The poor bloke is having to take the responsibility of both halfback and 5/8 and making a real fist of it. In a few years he’ll be in the top 2-3 players in the comp on a consistent basis no question.
As a ball runner he has it all, as a ball player and game manager not so much. If he was further along in either of those two areas if would make a big difference and noticeable impact on the side. I also wouldn't be comparing his potential earnings to others on bad deals, that's how you end up like the Tigers (are we there already?)

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is the worst player ever htf has he finally found his spot biggest dud ever runs towards the blind side then gets caught by Kikau Panthers end up scoring from that mistake like I said biggest dud ever no matter what position he plays

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is a wead dud, scared of his own shadow, no confidence at all, piss him off asap, Get Drinkwater or Savage or both.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That’s exactly why I hammered Averillo and spoke of him in a negative way even though I think both Avo and Burto have a lot of untapped potential. The difference in the arguments is that Marley will make excuses for Avo because of poor coaching/development and a decrease in confidence playing in a crap team with crap development but won’t make the same excuse for Burto for the same reasons who hasn’t played 5/8th in 2 years because of Covid in 2020 and playing in the centers for Penrith last year. He just likes going against the grain. But I do like a lot of his insights regarding the way the game is played. Plus I got the shits with him because he doesn’t want to hang out
We can hang out when the dogs git gud.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the same time a thread about Avo finding his true position after one match at fb, in a loss where he didnt stand out, is also premature.

I know we are short of options but Avo doesnt fill me with confidence at fb. What he needs, is to drop back to reserves, and play in one position and get good at it. Right now hes the jack of all trades, but master of none. Tbh i prefer Dufty at fb, hes faster and has more x factor, and his defence isnt any worse than Avo at fb. Only reason he wont cop shit like Dufty is more is expected from Dufty who is on more pay and has more experience. No, not saying Dufty is fantastic, saying Avo isnt better than him at fb.
Anyone defending Averillo is a rugby league illiterate. He’s played in excess of 40 NRL games! Sympathisers keep making excuses for him failing & his inadequacies be it in the halves, centre, wing & now fullback. Even taking the Club’s current predicament into consideration, Averillo is just another average footballer PERIOD

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Anyone defending Averillo is a rugby league illiterate. He’s played in excess of 40 NRL games! Sympathisers keep making excuses for him failing & his inadequacies be it in the halves, centre, wing & now fullback. Even taking the Club’s current predicament into consideration, Averillo is just another average footballer PERIOD
PERIOD GIRLFRAND

WolfmanAmadeus

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
So many morons happy with Dufty over Avo, you ***** need to get your head checked. Imagine playing next to a heartless cat Mutt dufty that doesn't give a Fuck and happily guides opposing teams to the try line. Avo has played 40 plus games surrounded by plodders, we need to fix the forwards and get rid of the robot impersonating As a half back. Avo is the least of our worries.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
How many games and How long did he "play origin"?
Well, he played one. That’s enough to qualify him as an origin player. I’d bet good money Avo will never get that far.