Penrith Panthers Lineup - Round 13, 2022

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is very good point.
It's why our first grade team needs to go to some schools in the bush and play some under 15s just to gain some confidence (assuming thry can beat under 15s!!).

At worst case, the U15s beat us but we can hand pick the good players to go into our junior pathways programme.

Win-win
I like the concept. You should tweet this to Gus haha

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin was listed on the bench at 15.
Cool. Initially he was out of the side but Freddy has updated today

Not sure about Crichton at 14. Was hoping they would have Hynes or Wighton at 14 and then Api as 18th man

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cool. Initially he was out of the side but Freddy has updated today

Not sure about Crichton at 14. Was hoping they would have Hynes or Wighton at 14 and then Api as 18th man
Freddy is on the cans - basically says Wighton is a better option than Hynes in the 17. Then also add to that Crichton is no Hynes at 14. Surely Crichton at centre with his Penrith links inside and the versatility of Hynes at 14 makes heaps more sense??

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even with so many Penrith players out, it’s still a strong lineup. Look at that forward pack.
Not sure Penrith was a $1.30 favourite but i still think they’ll be winning a close one.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Freddy is on the cans - basically says Wighton is a better option than Hynes in the 17. Then also add to that Crichton is no Hynes at 14. Surely Crichton at centre with his Penrith links inside and the versatility of Hynes at 14 makes heaps more sense??
100%.

They love Wighton. He cost them the game when they played him at 5/8th last year. All he had to do was pass the ball to Latrell but he dummied and ran the whole game.

I normally dont really care about origin. Will probably watch it a bit more closely this year because our year is done already (again). It completely stuffs the season up

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
our last 5 games where winnable too what happened .
Lol. We played most of those teams back into form

Our next win will come against the bye but it will be close

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Who cares about the Panthers line up. I wanna see some changes in our line up. How the hell these flops get picked every week is beyond me. Personally, I don't want to see Dufty, Waddel, JMK and Thompson's name again on our team list.
Did you watch the NSW Cup Game? If so, that answers your question. If not, then you should because then you wouldn't be demanding that they get promoted.

Always a Bulldog

Dogs Life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Dylan Edwards
2. Charlie Staines
3. Rob Jennings
Izack Tago
5. Taylan May
6. Kurt Falls
Sean O’Sullivan

8. Moses Leota
9. Api Korisou
James Fisher Harris
11. Villiame Kikau
12. Liam Martin
J’Maine Hopgood

14. Mitch Kenny
Spencer Lenui
16. Scott Sorenson
Jeamon Salmon

I'd say this is what you guys will be facing. The only change maybe Matthew Eisenhuth for J'Maine Hopgood. Personally I'd be going with that 13 and putting Huth on the bench and dropping Salmon.
Why would you drop Salmon? Have you seen him play 6?

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We will be beaten unfortunately. Some out players are not up to it.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Dylan Edwards
2. Charlie Staines
3. Rob Jennings
Izack Tago
5. Taylan May
6. Kurt Falls
Sean O’Sullivan

8. Moses Leota
9. Api Korisou
James Fisher Harris
11. Villiame Kikau
12. Liam Martin
J’Maine Hopgood

14. Mitch Kenny
Spencer Lenui
16. Scott Sorenson
Jeamon Salmon

I'd say this is what you guys will be facing. The only change maybe Matthew Eisenhuth for J'Maine Hopgood. Personally I'd be going with that 13 and putting Huth on the bench and dropping Salmon.
LOL FMD that’s still a fair side considering you’re missing 6-7 to origin WOW

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we lose this it will be embarrassing considering we are at "full strength" & they have their 5-6 best players out..

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don't think they will let korosaui and that play. We play before state of origin so they will be training with NSW up until a day before incase cook or someone goes down

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't think they will let korosaui and that play. We play before state of origin so they will be training with NSW up until a day before incase cook or someone goes down
they get released back to their clubs, they only keep the 1-18.

RobT

Mass debator
Reaction score
1. Dylan Edwards
2. Charlie Staines
3. Rob Jennings
Izack Tago
5. Taylan May
6. Kurt Falls
Sean O’Sullivan

8. Moses Leota
9. Api Korisou
James Fisher Harris
11. Villiame Kikau
12. Liam Martin
J’Maine Hopgood

14. Mitch Kenny
Spencer Lenui
16. Scott Sorenson
Jeamon Salmon

At least 10 of those players would make our starting side every week. It's not going to be an easy game at all.

Reactions: ATT

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Easy win to the penriff reserves. Watch us make staines look like the best winger in the comp

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
they get released back to their clubs, they only keep the 1-18.
We play 5 days before origin. What if cook goes down a day or 2 before the game? Korosaui has to back up for origin after playing for Panthers? Don't they keep the extended bench up until 24 hours before?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We play 5 days before origin. What if cook goes down a day or 2 before the game? Korosaui has to back up for origin after playing for Panthers? Don't they keep the extended bench up until 24 hours before?
no they only keep the 18 is what has been reported.