Fox protected species

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People need to relax seriously he had one bad game and we have people on here saying to drop him to Nsw cup lol I think he is our top try scorer this year I know 6 tries isn’t much but at least he goes out and plays hard and wants to win games! Unlike many other plodders in our team. One off game and people calling for his head what a joke
obviously he shouldn’t and won’t be dropped but he has had more then 1 bad game.

he seems to go for the big play (interception) and misses a fair bit.

timedog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Fox had a below par game today, I hope that because he is a class act, he will pull his socks up and get on with being a great Bulldog player.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
One thing I have noticed with Mr Trott is that majority of his scoots from Dummy Half have been utter trash. He tends to run straight into the markers and gets bent backwards a lot.

Along with Dufty, his kick returns have been weak with no intent. I'd assume all of this is down to attitude and mental state and if ya getting flogged and have plodders all around you, you wouldn't be in the best frame of mind.

If he continues like this next year with Reed and Kiks, then there would be cause for concern.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing I have noticed with Mr Trott is that majority of his scoots from Dummy Half have been utter trash. He tends to run straight into the markers and gets bent backwards a lot.

Along with Dufty, his kick returns have been weak with no intent. I'd assume all of this is down to attitude and mental state and if ya getting flogged and have plodders all around you, you wouldn't be in the best frame of mind.

If he continues like this next year with Reed and Kiks, then there would be cause for concern.
Yes, I've noticed this alot.
He is really bad at dummy half especially running it out from close to our line.

Years ago, you'd see Justin Hodges go into dummy half and you just knew he was going for a run, yet he would shimmy and step passed or cut through the markers nearly all the time. Sane as Jordan Rapana.

Yet JAC seems like an easy target when goes to dummy half. Threatens no one

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Had an of day and out of the 17 he ranks as the least of our concerns. He ain’t a protected species I’ll be the first to judge if he goes on a run of poor form. His a proven player who’s produced some spectacular moments in his career and few good moments for us fans at the dogs.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fox is just suffering from the same as many others in the past. He comes to our club, tries his best but then falls into the losing mentality of the players around him. That's why it's really important to be rid of some of the players who have this mentality next year.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Fox had a slight chance if anything but there are dozens better at the moment.

Does it mean that filter won't be coach to the theories out there?
Yeah hard to believe Freddy will be.our coach if he has dropped Fox.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Fox is giving it his all. He played wing for the best team in the competition and was/is a mainstay for NSW and Australia. We're the problem not Fox. One of the tries you're talking about wasn't a bad read, he just didn't stick his contact. It's also a lot more difficult when players on the inside aren't doing their job properly either.

Dogsarnthavingaparty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Off night. 100%.

Though bloke is class. I’d say he was playing for the hero intercept as it’s been the only way we score for so long.
We all know why keeps getting selected do I have to say anymore no because I'll get in trouble

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes, I've noticed this alot.
He is really bad at dummy half especially running it out from close to our line.

Years ago, you'd see Justin Hodges go into dummy half and you just knew he was going for a run, yet he would shimmy and step passed or cut through the markers nearly all the time. Sane as Jordan Rapana.

Yet JAC seems like an easy target when goes to dummy half. Threatens no one
None of our OBs offer anything yet it's the way the game is going. OBs tend to make more metres than Forwards. I know Origin is different again, but NSW game 1&2, OBs doubled that of Forwards for metres and we won. Game three and it was reversed and we lost.

Aside from the obvious spine players, we need OBs who can truck nut all game long!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Truth hurts, they both needed a kick up the arse.
JAC both tries were on him not Schoupp.
Burton isnt our saviour, he needs to play centre or maybe lock, bad lateral movement today he was like a turnstile.
We need Munster to help fix this mess or were fKd.
Or Moses’s, he was all CLASS today. The way he directs the team and runs the ball, passing game is impeccable too.!!!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think he's a total waste of money if you ask me
No fucking way... Imagine how sad and depressing training would be without him... Would be just a bunch of losers with no identity wallowing in their own self pity.