Who is/was your favourite player growing up from the Bulldogs?

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who are/were your heroes from the Bulldogs?When I was young Greg Brentnall (Fullback) was my favourite player in the early 80’s. When he moved on I went onto love Terry Lamb (Five Eighth). Both amazing players who could make a huge difference on the field. We’ve had so many players who were amazing players but these were my favourites.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
El magic, Ben Barba, SBW

We have NOT had the skill of a player in the calibre of Barba, he was exciting to watch, speed. Quick slight of foot to step through a whole team of players and run the length to score. even todays FB don’t stand a chance.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Vagana is probably my first

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was a Jets fan in the 70's until I saw a sensational player from the Dogs with incredible acceleration and skills consistently set up and score brilliant solo tries. The one and only Steve Mortimer. I became a Doggies fan ever since.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was a Jets fan in the 70's until I saw a sensational player from the Dogs with incredible acceleration and skills consistently set up and score brilliant solo tries. The one and only Steve Mortimer. I became a Doggies fan ever since.
The day's of the ENTERTAINERS what an era, and the great Steve Mortimer and Terry Baa Lamb!!!

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Terry lamb and Steve Mortimer I idolised them both as a young bloke and was lucky enough to meet them as a 15/16 year old.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary Dowling. I loved him. I ran on the field once as a kid and gave him a pat on the back after a game. I still remember that moment and being in awe of my idol.