FALANAGAN SNR, Team selection

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
After seeing this weeks team I’m putting $100 on the drag queens to parade us on there float during sundays MARDI GRA at Belmore, cough cough I mean game if you want to call it that.

this is just bullshit over 28 years of support and its come to this favouritism what a load of baloni if your telling me the club doesn’t have its favourites.

Just announce Shane Flanagan and get it over done with, iv eaten with the man before believe me when I say it the nicest man in the world yet absolutely ruthless when he needs to be. Takes no prisoners his philosophy is simple you perform you stay, you don’t go find another employer.

there is absolutely no way in the world he would have Waddell starting over TPJ or even having JMK in the team, I’m absolutely lost for words honestly don’t no what to say anymore just flabbergasted.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waddell starting over TPJ or even having JMK in the team
I think you will find that MP acknowledges that TPJ is the better player but maybe they get the best out of him if him comes on after the first 20 minutes. His performance against Wests was much better than vs Knights. Also JNK, I don't think we have any better options in the team. Throwing ZDC in from the start would not be fair on him, maybe increasing his minutes is a better way to go

I also think MP thinks that Dufty will have a point to prove vs the Dragons and is trying to tap into that.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Huh? If Flanagan signs, he'll take over next year as will any coach. As frustrating as seeing players like Dufty and Waddell keep playing is, I'm sure in the next few weeks more changes will be made. They were never going to drop 6 or 7 players at once.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully it's what a few on here have mentioned...

Harry is just giving them the last bit of rope to hang themselves (figuratively speaking of course).
There is something rotten at the club.. how does teachers pet Waddell get chosen when the teacher is gone.. bloke wouldn’t make the 17 at any other club, how does dufty make it when he can’t be arsed to be out there

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Face the facts, the season is over Barrett has done the damage. It will take a pre-season for a coach of Flanagan's caliber to make us a respectable team.

Potter is not only working with crap signings but he also has to undo all of Ferris Wheel & Barrett's poor coaching/fitness.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Face the facts, the season is over Barrett has done the damage. It will take a pre-season for a coach of Flanagan's caliber to make us a respectable team.

Potter is not only working with crap signings but he also has to undo all of Ferris Wheel & Barrett's poor coaching/fitness.
Wouldn’t take a preseason if they were smart and appointed a coach asap, 14 rounds to go
Make best of what we can from now on

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Huh? If Flanagan signs, he'll take over next year as will any coach. As frustrating as seeing players like Dufty and Waddell keep playing is, I'm sure in the next few weeks more changes will be made. They were never going to drop 6 or 7 players at once.
Agree no chance half the team gets dropped in his second week.
In saying that if we keep getting done I expect changes on a regular basis.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dufty and Vaughan will be out for big games. I can understand Dufty being picked.
Averillo was the absolute weakest link last week. He cannot defend at centre. I cannot understand this selection. Waddell I cannot understand either.

TPJ off the bench I’m ok with. As long as he comes on and plays in the middle. If he comes on after 20-25 minutes and plays out the rest of game.

Hopefully Jackson doesn’t play 13. I think King & Jackson will swap.

I hope ZDC gets a good amount of minutes at the back end of both halves.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Ok if the season is over you have the ammunition to be ruthless use it. Make tye changes we are paying these players a lot of money to be here.

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Maybe MP has a special chat in mind for Dufty. They have both played fullback for the dogs and St George right. Fingers crossed he scores more points than he lets in….

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But why? This is a totally crazy standpoint when the comp isn’t even half way thru. Whoever the coach is 2022 is a free pass to trial and select anything you want like one big off season of trials.

The deed is done and Barrett is gone, if Flange Snr is the new guy just fucking pull the trigger and let’s get behind him so that 2023 isn’t just another faaaaarrking “building year.

Kik and Mahoney are coming, let’s embrace it and get some love and success around JAC, Burton and anyone that we want to keep moving forward.

I cannot believe that Gould was behind Barrett departing if he didn’t have a plan B.

“Nike”

Last edited:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully it's what a few on here have mentioned...

Harry is just giving them the last bit of rope to hang themselves (figuratively speaking of course).
Yeh I think there's reasons MP can't drop JuNK and waddell at the moment

He needs ZDC to get used to 1st grade and he needs RFM to regain 80 minute fitness

Once those two things happen I hope both JuNK and waddell are gone

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeh I think there's reasons MP can't drop JuNK and waddell at the moment

He needs ZDC to get used to 1st grade and he needs RFM to regain 80 minute fitness

Once those two things happen I hope both JuNK and waddell are gone
Mate from your words to God

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But why? This is a totally crazy standpoint when the comp isn’t even half way thru. Whoever the coach is 2022 is a free pass to trial and select anything you want like one big off season of trials.

The deed is done and Barrett is gone, if Flange Snr is the new guy just fucking pull the trigger and let’s get behind him so that 2023 isn’t just another faaaaarrking “building year.

Kik and Mahoney are coming, let’s embrace it and get some love and success around JAC, Burton and anyone that we want to keep moving forward.

I cannot believe that Gould was behind Barrett departing if he didn’t have a plan B.

“Nike”
Probably because it'd expose them all too soon at once if Alamoti, Credence, Stuckey, Hoffman etc were all called up along with Kiraz and ZDC etc. It's better to stagger them so we don't have 7 rookies thrown into the deep end in one game.

I still think Dufty should have been dropped regardless as he's disgracing the jersey. I'm sure some of the guys I listed will get a shot in the next few weeks.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Probably because it'd expose them all too soon at once if Alamoti, Credence, Stuckey, Hoffman etc were all called up along with Kiraz and ZDC etc. It's better to stagger them so we don't have 7 rookies thrown into the deep end in one game.

I still think Dufty should have been dropped regardless as he's disgracing the jersey. I'm sure some of the guys I listed will get a shot in the next few weeks.
I know most are thinking he will fire up against his old club, but all he will do is get run over by them.

He will puss out like usual and let in at least 3 tries.