News The Bulldogs in danger of losing sponsor

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s not the first time though, we had Garry Johnstone from Jaycar who was much the same. I think it comes with the entrepreneur turf. If you want to avoid it; you need to go big corporate like KIA. It just depends on what the club is able to attract based on its current realities. Wharby has shown so far attracting sponsors hasn’t been a major issue, but whether we can attract the $1m+ sponsors in the current climate is the issue.
Any problems with Hyundai or Mitsubishi Electric? Probably more the entrepreneurs that make it big like you said, rather than multinationals.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any player, sponsor or coach that doesn’t wanna be here. Please fuck off. It’s that simple. Too much negative energy

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dare say we will get more money and less media attention from a better sponsor.

Jabba the Hutt can take his cheap sponsorship elsewhere

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny how Buzz using gambling issues to try strengthen his argument when talking about a publican... Fucking old retard
yet when the club came out with its stance of not having a gambling partner on its jersey, we were slammed as hypocritical because the leagues club has pokies. yet now they want to bring in the gambling argument. literally can’t win

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dare say we will get more money and less media attention from a better sponsor.

Jabba the Hutt can take his cheap sponsorship elsewhere
take it to wests. go and get involved in that clusterfuck of a club and help finance another demountable training facility you old ****. done nothing then slander the club after signing on for a reduced price

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴜʟʟᴅᴏɢꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ɪɴ ꜱᴇʀɪᴏᴜꜱ ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀ ᴏғ ʟᴏꜱɪɴɢ ᴀ ᴍɪʟʟɪᴏɴ-ᴅᴏʟʟᴀʀ ꜱᴘᴏɴꜱᴏʀꜱʜɪᴘ ᴅᴇᴀʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʜᴏᴛᴇʟ ᴛʏᴄᴏᴏɴ ᴀʀᴛʜᴜʀ ʟᴀᴜɴᴅʏ

Via Telegraph Sport Buzz Rothfield

While Laundy is upset about the sacking of his close friend Trent Barrett, this has more to do with the Bulldogs ignoring his offer to mentor players and provide financial and career advice to help them transition into retirement.

Laundy’s two-year sponsorship deal is up for renegotiation.

While the jersey exposure for his chain of hotels has always been important, Laundy’s real passion and motivation was to help the players.

Yet he feels unwanted.

“I made it clear when I first signed up that I wasn’t there just to put my money in,” Laundy said. “My expertise is not football but this was to be a partnership.

“I didn’t want a seat on the board and I didn’t want to get in the way of management.

“However, there were areas like talking to the players in a mentoring role.

“I’m 81, I’ve been around a bit and I wanted to help some of the young fellas.

“The average career span for an NRL player is only five years.

“I want to tell them to invest in bricks and mortar rather than flash cars.

“I’ve helped a lot of young fellas in the past and I can speak about success.

“Anyway, they’ve ignored my offer.”

You look at the behaviour of the likes of perennial ratbag Paul Vaughan.

How he walked out of training and spat abuse at the waiting media on Monday.

And how Laundy could have spoken to him around respect, decency and being a role model.

You think of the gambling issues in the game that have ruined so many players.

The billionaire hotelier makes no secret of his disappointment surrounding recent events at Belmore.

“At the moment, I’m not sure what I’ll do in the future,” Laundy said.

“We’re due to have talks now because the sponsorship is up at the end of the season.

“I’d be lying if I said I’m not disappointed.”

Laundy is actually a mad-keen Wests Tigers supporter.

He has become close to their general manager Tim Sheens, who invited him to the Wests Tigers chairman’s suite for the match against his Bulldogs on Friday night at Leichhardt Oval.

He is the only sponsor that comes out and sooks all the time where better off with out him
Lies Lies and more Lies...
Here is why
* Firstly The Laundry's sponsor is free for the 1st year, 500k for the 2nd, 500k for the 3rd.
* The Bulldogs are ignoring Laundry tired of his macho man interfering behavior.
* His true motivations are for the players to invest to grow his already wealthy empire.
* Yes he didn't want a seat on the board but wanted his son to be the CEO.
* Paul Vaughan isn't an angel but Drunenfield is the true perennial ratbag that has unfairly and deliberately been targeting our club for over two decades.
* Now Laundry wants to be the players social worker, silly of me it totally slipped my mind he's already gotten rid of all the poker machines an TABs at his pubs.
* Mr Laundry it's time you went to where your heart is, the Tigpies, reason is the selfish people like yourself who dangled the golden carrot for you at our club are long gone now :tonguewink:

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has Laundy paid a cent of the sponsorship money he owed the club, or is it still being put off?

He'd have lost an arseload of money due to Covid, and probably is cutting back as a result.

Makes me wonder if his mentoring was "you should buy into my hotels with my sons".

No loss at all... Khoury and Warburton would have another sponsor in no time as companies are lining up to sponsor the Bulldogs now.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Has Laundy paid a cent of the sponsorship money he owed the club, or is it still being put off?

He'd have lost an arseload of money due to Covid, and probably is cutting back as a result.

Makes me wonder if his mentoring was "you should buy into my hotels with my sons".

No loss at all... Khoury and Warburton would have another sponsor in no time as companies are lining up to sponsor the Bulldogs now.
Let me put it this way, Laundry is costing us having his name on the front of our jersey.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
the kind of danger like getting shit on your shoe.