An Insight To Mick Potter's Coaching - Fifth & Last Podcast.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Who are the podcasters/hosts?
Brock and Lewis Sheppard.

Brock is a former Roosters lower grader and coach at Panthers, Wests and now Mounties RMC coach.

Lewis is a former Raiders 20s player and helped his brother during the Wests stint.

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
FFS some new article in telegraph Matty John's saying Pay was shown no loyalty and Barrett shown no protection.... Pay fucked off to parramatta so no need to say any more and Barrett I feel for but look at the results and how the team was playing WTF were we meant to do? Just keep loosing badly..... Guys blind Freddy could see we were playing shit so no need to keep up with the media imput.....

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haven't got a Crapple so it won't open for me.

Can you give us a run down please?
Listen here bro

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Listen here bro

Thanks brother, I appreciate that.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a great podcast, been listening to them for the last 3 seasons or so. They put the gossip merchants on Fox to shame!

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FFS some new article in telegraph Matty John's saying Pay was shown no loyalty and Barrett shown no protection.... Pay fucked off to parramatta so no need to say any more and Barrett I feel for but look at the results and how the team was playing WTF were we meant to do? Just keep loosing badly..... Guys blind Freddy could see we were playing shit so no need to keep up with the media imput.....
Yep Most reporters and journos love when we play badly ans keep losing....plenty of click bait involved when that happens to the dogs.

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The thing that disappoints me most it’s everyone having a go at what we are doing? Why cause the last 6 yrs worked? Gus hasn’t been there that long, and to be honest the last few weeks he’s shown he’s had enough, as we all have. We’ve had two inexperienced coaches and so many board changes, so this yr with a full pre season same board and Gus there we saw 2 wins out of 10. So why isn’t change on the cards. Matty says be careful? Pay got done by a board that’s not there now, Gus is now. The next coach under Gus will tell us everything. You can’t judge us on this time over the last few coaches and boards. They have all been diff, we know the last 6 yrs have been shit. That’s why we got Gus, Gus didn’t get Barret. Barret signed outcasts other than burton and jac 2 out of 7 signatures worked out.
Barret has to speak up and either say I was pushed because I had no answer or I quit and left a bunch of blokes that I signed in the shit why cause that’s what I do, I did it at manly and I did it at the dogs.
We are unfit, that’s on Barret, so I don’t understand what the problem is, Gus explained his side from his time at the club. Pay was under a whole other board? Are we not meant to make tough choices on a club that clearly needs to be done?
Des and castle started this and they all said it was going to be a long rd back. 2 inexperienced coaches don’t give you the world obviously, if Gus warned Barret maybe Gus knew it needed more than a guy with confidence

Last edited:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I listened to this today also, short version is mick is a very good coach but old school with halves likes them to play what they see and will simplify our attack . Also said he won’t coach a structure but will coach to the strengths of individual players,
Was fucking music to my ears

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a great podcast, been listening to them for the last 3 seasons or so. They put the gossip merchants on Fox to shame!
Yeah one of the best no bullshit just quality footy commentary

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The john's bros are cooked.