Ryan Sutton To The Dogs

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I have concerns too, Thommo copping it from.some and his pay cheque is at the forefront of opinions but has loads more go than this guy? :(and where the fuck is he gonna play...
going off this year that isn't the case tho. Thompson has worrying low running metres and no attacking stats. That's what the stats (fact) and eye test (subjective) suggest. For the record I wouldn't of signed Sutton either.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs are the kings of signing big average second rowers
We've sure had some duds over the last few years.
So glad Kikau is coming next year, We haven't had a strike backrower in years.

Gus should look to bring the next big thing down from Queensland like he did with Kikau at Penrith. Payne Haas younger brother looks like a future star.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We've sure had some duds over the last few years.
So glad Kikau is coming next year, We haven't had a strike backrower in years.

Gus should look to bring the next big thing down from Queensland like he did with Kikau at Penrith. Payne Haas younger brother looks like a future star.

That would be Nanai From the cows.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Commenting here because he’s a Raiders player and I don’t want to start a separate thread. Have a go at Sticky’s press conference last night!

Trent Barrett plays his inexperienced/ low on confidence halfback in Reggie’s before bringing them up to FG. NRL Media “Does Baz even CARE about his players MENTAL HEALTH?!”

Ricky Stewart post match “that error is why he’s not playing first grade”

NRL media (Aka Ricky’s cronies) *crickets*

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
you wont let it go with thommo on a edge lol, he has never played there before and he wont play there for us.
I think the problem is that people cant see what he offers. He is 102kgs. He is a running forward.
He is forced to play prop because of the shortage of props in the club. We only have Vaughn.
Patolo and Seumanafagai are the only other options.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's a no frills prop who makes his metres, is a good defender and has a high work rate. He's not going to break 8 tackles a run or get a bunch of offloads. He's not that type of player. He might not be a sexy signing that will excite people but he's a younger, more consistent version of Paul Vaughan with a bit more skill that wouldn't cost a tonne. Once he plays for us next year I think people will appreciate him more.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's a no frills prop who makes his metres, is a good defender and has a high work rate. He's not going to break 8 tackles a run or get a bunch of offloads. He's not that type of player. He might not be a sexy signing that will excite people but he's a younger, more consistent version of Paul Vaughan with a bit more skill that wouldn't cost a tonne. Once he plays for us next year I think people will appreciate him more.
You're right. Providing we didn't pay too much for him. We have enough strike forwards in tpj, kikau and to a degree Max King (with his ability to offload at will).. just need a 13 who can ball play (if we persist with this attacking structure) and the rest just need to make metres and defend well.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You're right. Providing we didn't pay too much for him. We have enough strike forwards in tpj, kikau and to a degree Max King (with his ability to offload at will).. just need a 13 who can ball play (if we persist with this attacking structure) and the rest just need to make metres and defend well.
That's it.. We have Kikau and TPJ for strike. You need balance and role players too who do the dirty work that goes unnoticed. Sutton is that guy. Sutton has had multiple 150+ metre games the last few years at Canberra when getting consistent minutes so it's not like he can't play. Like you said it just depends on how much he was signed for..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yeah looks likely.. I like Luke Garner. Think he just some good footy in him.
Yeah he was running some good lines last year, interesting to see how he defends in the centres this week. Would make him a valuable edge forward is he knows how to defend well at centre as well

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah he was running some good lines last year, interesting to see how he defends in the centres this week. Would make him a valuable edge forward is he knows how to defend well at centre as well
He is a good defender.. tough as. I'm shocked they relegated him this year. He was one of their biggest threats in past seasons.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He is a good defender.. tough as. I'm shocked they relegated him this year. He was one of their biggest threats in past seasons.
Apparently Panthers are interested in signing him.

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
Confirmed just now in 6 tackles with Gus, by Gus. Signed…

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Small for a prop, but maybe part of a contra deal with Flange thrown in.
Mate after watching Ruben cotter over the last few weeks it definitely isn’t the size of the dog in the fight that counts it’s the Size of the fight in the dog.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope he turns out ok because he looks shit at the raiders.
He’s not shit. He was the starting lock before Stuart froze him out for signing with us. It’s just a strange signing when we have Vaughan playing well at prop and Jackson is captain playing lock