News ‘They’ve lost their DNA’: Bulldogs great takes aim club’s recruiting and names his next coach

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think a lot here have misconstrued Anasta”s comments. He isn’t shitting on the club, and there is a ring of truth to what he has said. Not sure what everyone is getting their panties in a bunch for.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's gotta be Flanagan head coach / Ennis assistant. People may not like it, but they are the best people for the job.
I really like this! Barrett would have been good as another assistant in that group but oh well.

Someone who isn’t blocked get this combo on Gus’s Twitter page haha

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m guessing no chance at Munster then

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What is wrong with you people?
Anasta took us a to premiership not to mention a potential other one in 2002.

He is passionate about the clubs and you can hear it and see it in his mannerisms when he talks about the club.

If Anasta isn't considered one of our great, then who is?
Good onya Marki.
That needed to be said.
He is passionate about the club, and that was obvious in what he said.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Probably because Barrett was better than him during their careers and took rep jerseys off him.
Do you remember the last game of the 2001 regular season? Do you remember who we played and who went to the judiciary for striking Anasta to the head with his forearm while Anasta was on the ground. Yes, it was Barrett, he got off at the judiciary when clearly he shouldn’t have and ended up leading the dragons the following week to victory over us in the first finals game.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Flanagan handed in his resignation at 2GB today, pass it on.
Is this true ? I heard as well but have no fucking idea if the bloke even worked there lol.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Is this true ? I heard as well but have no fucking idea if the bloke even worked there lol.
Na I just read it on Twitter lol..the closest I've come to radio is Spotify so I wouldn't have a clue what he actually does on 2GB :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So much bitterness from you lot, as usual.

At least the bloke cares. And he’s not saying anything you haven’t all said before.

It’s refreshing to hear a media personality giving honest opinions about the club with no vested interests or hidden agendas.

Do you negative nellies ever stop sooking? Lol. This is a good day for the club and you’re still finding things to whinge about.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with pretty much everything Anasta says.

What puzzles me, is how could a club do everything right for close to 50 years, and then in the space of 10 years get everything so wrong ?

I have an opinion, but in light of the current " woke " political landscape i will refrain from elaborating.
That's easy. They signed a coach who had his heart in another system.... we were just a stepping stone and a generous pay cheque nothing more. The wheels fell off from there. We need to recruit a coach and his crew that are willing to bleed Blue and White and turn the Dogs into a feared outfit once again.

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Are you serious, this clown was voted most overrated player year after year, was the reason we lost Thurston, ended up at the Roosters and tries to lay the boot into the club any chance the goose gets
Never the reason for Thurston leaving JT had to go for problems in Coffs 2003/4.
Is every player who plays for another club then a traitor and a goose.
Willy Mason played for 2 more clubs and is back to help. Is he a goose.

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So much bitterness from you lot, as usual.

At least the bloke cares. And he’s not saying anything you haven’t all said before.

It’s refreshing to hear a media personality giving honest opinions about the club with no vested interests or hidden agendas.

Do you negative nellies ever stop sooking? Lol. This is a good day for the club and you’re still finding things to whinge about.
effing ridiculous comments.
The guy cares about the club FFS.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anasta nailed some of his comments on 360, we have lost everything from when we were a feared power house club and to bring that back we need players and a coach that fit that system.

A current example of this is the storm and how they recruit and handle, we need the Dogs of the early 2000s back.

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Do you remember the last game of the 2001 regular season? Do you remember who we played and who went to the judiciary for striking Anasta to the head with his forearm while Anasta was on the ground. Yes, it was Barrett, he got off at the judiciary when clearly he shouldn’t have and ended up leading the dragons the following week to victory over us in the first finals game.
So what.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
effing ridiculous comments.
The guy cares about the club FFS.
Of course he cares about the club. He won a premiership with us. Players don’t forget that.

What has he said here that isn’t true? I don’t get why people are firing up. Lol

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anasta nailed some of his comments on 360, we have lost everything from when we were a feared power house club and to bring that back we need players and a coach that fit that system.

A current example of this is the storm and how they recruit and handle, we need the Dogs of the early 2000s back.
The Storm also built the foundations of that club using the dogs tried and true method

I had a yarn to Tawera Nikau about it couple years ago