1. Toia
2. JAC
3. Schoupp GK
4. Alamoti
5. Kiraz
6. Burton
7. BBO
8. Thompson
9. Topine (Elliott role, play edge after first 20-30 minutes)
10. King
11. Hoffman
12. RFM (low minute role, 2 stints)
13. Jackson C

14. Averillo
15. TPJ (finish the game at edge after front row stint)
16. Vaughan
17. ZDC

No more duds.
I’d be happy with this team this wk, while some of the rookies might struggle with the step up wk in and wk out, they’ll offer some much needed energy in the short term. Hopefully these names get an opportunity and we can manage them as they step up to FG.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been to every Sydey game we've played this year and over the weekend my missus asked if we are going to Leichhardt Oval on Friday night and honestly i said I just don't have it in me watching the shit we have been dishing up. It has just sucked the life out of me, never felt so deflated in 40 years following the Dogs. I'm sure I speak for most passionate fans.

But......
I did say if Barrett was sacked we are going. With Barrett gone, we are back baby!! Heading to Leichardt on Friday night. Like what happens with most teams changing coaches mid season, it looks like a different team, the shackles will be broken and we will see the quality of what this team is capable of.

Get there Friday nights fellow fans and let's get behind our playing group and club.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
1. Toia
2. JAC
3. Schoupp GK
4. Alamoti
5. Kiraz
6. Burton
7. BBO
8. Thompson
9. Topine (Elliott role, play edge after first 20-30 minutes)
10. King
11. Hoffman
12. RFM (low minute role, 2 stints)
13. Jackson C

14. Averillo
15. TPJ (finish the game at edge after front row stint)
16. Vaughan
17. ZDC

No more duds.
king of the circle jerks

vaughan only forward making over 100 metres a match and u bench him
that side would get murdered like your arse does

Big Owl

Waterboy
Reaction score
I have been to every Sydey game we've played this year and over the weekend my missus asked if we are going to Leichhardt Oval on Friday night and honestly i said I just don't have it in me watching the shit we have been dishing up. It has just sucked the life out of me, never felt so deflated in 40 years following the Dogs. I'm sure I speak for most passionate fans.

But......
I did say if Barrett was sacked we are going. With Barrett gone, we are back baby!! Heading to Leichardt on Friday night. Like what happens with most teams changing coaches mid season, it looks like a different team, the shackles will be broken and we will see the quality of what this team is capable of.

Get there Friday nights fellow fans and let's get behind our playing group and club.
I hope you’re right.
But what happens if we get flogged by the Tigpies?
I’ve got a bad feeling about all this.
We may still be years away from a revival.

Mal_Z

Waterboy
Reaction score
This is what I'd do
1. Averillo
2. Naden
3. Kiraz
4. Schoup
5. Addo Carr
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
8. Vaughan
9. Cook
10. Thompson
11. Topine
12. TPJ
13. Jackson
14. BBO
15. King
16. Patolo
17. RFM

Mal_Z

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don't think blooding heaps of juniors is the answer, our goal should be to win as many games as possible and hopefully Burton will shy away from leaving the club.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
king of the circle jerks

vaughan only forward making over 100 metres a match and u bench him
that side would get murdered like your arse does
Prefer King to finish. Thompson, King and Vaughan all 40 minutes. What did I do to you lol. You sound a bit butt hurt. Vaughan won't be here next year.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the reserve grade coach is caretaker then I would say credence at fullback against a team like tigers might be a reasonable first up assignment to give him some first grade experience. And he would better understand the coaches requirements due to their repoir.
Kiraz definitely has to come in on what he showed against broncos.
BBO to get more minutes when and if there's a chance of winning. 10 min a game is ridiculous.
Dufty to sit this one out. Preferably on a British airways seat.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope you’re right.
But what happens if we get flogged by the Tigpies?
I’ve got a bad feeling about all this.
We may still be years away from a revival.
I'd say Gould will be holding a self reflection and truth meeting with the players. He will have them knowing where they all stand and will put fire in the bellies of every player. We won't get flogged. Not saying we will win though i think we can.

Tigers look like they have lost Brooke's, done his hammy.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Looks like things are getting ready for another 5 year plan.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
If the reserve grade coach is caretaker then I would say credence at fullback against a team like tigers might be a reasonable first up assignment to give him some first grade experience. And he would better understand the coaches requirements due to their repoir.
Kiraz definitely has to come in on what he showed against broncos.
BBO to get more minutes when and if there's a chance of winning. 10 min a game is ridiculous.
Dufty to sit this one out. Preferably on a British airways seat.
If your playing creedance then you play him from the bench or wing. That’s how you bring in key players. Like broncos with cobbo.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ok now Baz has left the building..
Lets speculate on who is on the paddock in this week's team selection.

I will start with this group..
1.JAC (C)
2. Averillo
3. Schoup
4. Burton
5. Dufty
6. Flanno
7. Wakeham
13 TPJ
12 Ava
11 Thomo
10 Vaughan
9 Cook
8 Patalo

14. Topine
15 Max King
16 JJ
17 Declan Casey

Coach Gus/ Tangatoa

Thoughts..
Burton came to us to play 5/8 that’s the reason he came

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Burton came to us to play 5/8 that’s the reason he came
Indeed but we lack a genuine Ctr and Fox deserves a game at fb. He talks and his work ethic is superior to most of the lads in the back 5.
Burton may take on his kicks etc.
We need still a better 9 and JMK has not done enough to keep his spot.
These are my choices as a 50 year fan of this club. If you don't agree fellow members. np I am not concerned.. We are going through a tumultuous process once more. I will always be a Fan of this club no matter what.. Indeed each of you have the right to your opinions as passionate loyal members. I do hope we get a few wins to show sponsorship and members that there's light at the end of tunnel

Dogs for life ⚪

Last edited:

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Give fox a run at fullback in the short term but he may end up getting injured with all the extra running so it’s a risk

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Give fox a run at fullback in the short term but he may end up getting injured with all the extra running so it’s a risk
Interested to see how he goes. I would of signed him to play fullback, a lot more difficult without a full preseason there.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Honestly finals aren’t out of the option. We are only 10 rounds in to the comp and we have 2 wins. If we can string 4 or 5 wins together then we are back in the hunt. We’d need a quality coach to take over asap. We can knock off the fkn tigers this weekend

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Honestly finals aren’t out of the option. We are only 10 rounds in to the comp and we have 2 wins. If we can string 4 or 5 wins together then we are back in the hunt. We’d need a quality coach to take over asap. We can knock off the fkn tigers this weekend
we arent getting a new coach that is the issue, we are using an interim coach