Official Consolidated Trent Barrett Leaving Bulldogs Thread

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Word Is he got the golden handshake to save face for both parties.

Kikau and Mahoney we contacted to see their positions and both are still coming.

Obviously all new coaching staff as of 2023.
It's a good result for Baz - he gets his 600k holiday for next year plus the balance of this year without the stress. If the new interim coach this year is smart he'll take a calculated risk put our 2 long term leaders Ado Carr and Burton into more prominent roles on the field and get rid of JMK. The current team structure does not work.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this the light at the end of the tunnel guys?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well he should..make up for his bullshit.. Put his Bee sting head where his mouth is..
He knows there is a heap of work and wont happen overnight. That being said, i dont think his ego will let him take the job.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Realistically, I see Flanno leading and Woolf a close 2nd.
yeah me too. dont think green will get a crack, bomber not experienced enough and the 'cant attract big name players' probably still rings true with him. ciraldo as a smokey though - i doubt he'd want to take us on which effectively rules him out. i'd prefer flanno to woolf purely from first grade NRL experience

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never a truer word spoken.
Attack is abysmal. Defence is questionable. Fitness is atrocious.

Barrett is the head of the snake so had to go. But this problem is a lot deeper then just the head coach.

I would have negotiated to keep him as an assistant. Guy isn’t cut out to be a head coach. Maybe if he works under an assistant for 5-10 years but at this stage in his life he isn’t built for it.
I've seen this mentioned several times re: his staff should go too. I thought that was a given. He brought all of them with him, as coaches tend to do. They like a particular trainer, assistant etc. which they take with them if they get a head coach gig at another club. I mean the club employs them and could ask them to stay or offer them a different position, but I don't see any of them being wanted by the club. Perhaps Tangles? He has got reggies playing well.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I feel sorry for Gus. If he has to step in for the rest of the year, it's going to screw his coaching average.
Gus too smart for that. Name an interim coach but coach himself.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
yeah me too. dont think green will get a crack, bomber not experienced enough and the 'cant attract big name players' probably still rings true with him. ciraldo as a smokey though - i doubt he'd want to take us on which effectively rules him out. i'd prefer flanno to woolf purely from first grade NRL experience
Woolf has a crazy win record, something like 40/52 or something.