Official Trent Barrett’s future consolidated thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I certainly won’t, but your boy @Mutt Dafty will, he loves an ab or 2. I will miss the last 2 years we wasted on a flop I desperately didn’t want to see at our club. Now I am just scared he we will replace him with.

We can easily use in-house guys from Reggie’s etc like Potter with Goulds help until 23. The only rush needs to be getting rid of Barrett/Furner/Ferris.
I watched a sexy Greek smash balls early this morning btw

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
NRL 2022: Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett faces sack amid emergency talks | Daily Telegraph
Canterbury officials will hold emergency talks on Monday as pressure mounts on coach Trent Barrett to remain in charge of the club.
There is growing discontent among fans and club management alike which could lead to Barrett’s tenure ending in days.

Canterbury directors are feeling the heat amid a fan-led campaign to have Barrett sacked after 18 months in charge.

Chair John Khoury declined to comment on Sunday but he is expected to meet head of football Phil Gould this week as pressure mounts on the club to part ways with their coach.

The sense is that a decision on Barrett’s future could be only days away and he may have coached the club for the final time on Friday night, when the Bulldogs succumbed to Newcastle at Suncorp Stadium. The delay may be working out a contingency should they fast-track Barrett’s departure.
Pressure continues to mount on Canterbury coach Trent Barrett. NRL Imagery

Pressure continues to mount on Canterbury coach Trent Barrett.

Canterbury operates under a structure where board members are elected every two years by the members. A vocal minority of those members have begun venting over the club’s efforts this season - they are running stone motherless last, having averaged less than 10 points a game through the opening 10 games.

Barrett looked devoid of answers after his side’s loss to the Knights and rival clubs reported a sombre mood among Canterbury directors at the team hotel in Brisbane immediately following the game.

Barrett is in the line of fire given he has won only five of his 34 games in charge since taking over at the start of last season.

Gould has been an outspoken supporter of Barrett but the coach’s future may be out of his hands if the board decides the time has come for change.

He could have few arguments given results during his tenure. Barrett inherited an average squad last season but the Bulldogs have been strengthened with the addition of Matt Burton, Tevita Pangai, Brent Naden, Matt Dufty, Paul Vaughan, Braidon Burns and Josh Addo-Carr. The club is already looking to part ways with Dufty and Vaughan while Pengai has also been discussed by rival clubs.

Club sponsors will also meet for one of their semi-regular catch ups and while Barrett has not been on the agenda so far, the coach’s future at Belmore is likely to be a hot topic when the group get together later this week.

Things are going from bad to worse at the Bulldogs, after a horror performance against the Knights. Picture: Getty Images.

Things are going from bad to worse at the Bulldogs, after a horror performance against the Knights. Picture: Getty Images.

Results have barely improved and there are genuine fears that Burton may head to market on November 1 rather than extend his deal with the Bulldogs.

That said, there is hope for next season as Reed Mahoney, Ryan Sutton and Viliame Kikau prepare to join the club. Rumours also persist that Gould has an interest in signing Payne Haas despite suggestions that he is out of their reach.

The Bulldogs are unlikely to have any problem finding a new coach if they do decide to move on from Barrett. Penrith assistant Cameron Ciraldo is off contract at the end of the year and likely to be their priority but there is no shortage of options should he decide to bide his time and wait for a more attractive opportunity.

Paul Green and Shane Flanagan have won premiership and crave another opportunity. Gould is a fan of Tigers coach Michael Maguire. Kristian Woolf has been a raging success at St Helens while Steve Price has returned as an assistant at Cronulla after a highly-successful stint in Super League.

Ben Hornby, Josh Hannay and Brett White are also highly-regarded assistants at South Sydney, Cronulla and Canberra respectively.

Get bellamy gus do it ya sick ****

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Canterbury officials will hold a meeting in the next 48 hours to discuss the team’s poor start to the season and the future of coach Trent Barrett.

The Herald can reveal frustrated Canterbury powerbrokers spent the weekend on the phone to each other questioning whether the coach was still the right man for the job. Club officials confirmed to the Herald that a meeting has been scheduled for Monday.

Bulldogs officials will ask director of football Phil Gould to get to the bottom of the team's lacklustre opening 10 rounds and to determine if a solution is possible with Barrett at the helm.
The board is not due to meet for another fortnight, but that won’t stop the club from calling an urgent meeting if it decides that Barrett is no longer the coach to lead them forward.

The meeting will be pivotal in deciding the next course of action. It is understood Barrett will not take part but will be consulted along the way.
Directors have been inundated over the weekend with complaints from furious club members who want the club to sever ties with Barrett given he has won just five of 34 games since taking over from Dean Pay in 2021.

The future of under-siege Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett will be discussed by the club’s board on Monday.

The future of under-siege Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett will be discussed by the club’s board on Monday.

Chairman John Khoury declined to comment when contacted by the Herald on Sunday.
There are influential figures at the Bulldogs who believe an experienced coach is needed to get the best out of a roster they believe is far better than a bottom-of-the-table football team.

That puts Shane Flanagan, whose son Kyle is contracted to the Bulldogs on a lucrative deal for one more year, in the box seat alongside former North Queensland premiership-winner Paul Green.

St Helens coach Kristian Woolf and Penrith assistant coach Cameron Ciraldo will also come into the equation should Barrett and the club part ways in coming weeks.

Canterbury supremo Phil Gould (left) has publicly backed Barrett but former Panthers caretaker Cameron Ciraldo (right) will come into contention should the Bulldogs board see things differently.

Canterbury supremo Phil Gould (left) has publicly backed Barrett but former Panthers caretaker Cameron Ciraldo (right) will come into contention should the Bulldogs

Gould has a strong voice at the club and recently backed Barrett to remain as the long-term coach.

“Trent Barrett will be the coach of the Bulldogs long after I’m gone,” Gould said on Nine’s 100% Footy. “He’s a long-term coach for the club.”

Not everyone at the Bulldogs agrees with that notion. Some want Barrett to be given extra guidance and assistance, while the patience of others has worn thin.

The Bulldogs don't have a difficult draw over the next fortnight. They take on the Wests Tigers at Leichhardt Oval this Friday night, followed by a home game at Belmore Sportsground against St George Illawarra.

A lot could hinge on the results of two matches Canterbury officials believe they should be winning.

I get the feeling he’s getting these next 2 games to show something or he is gone. If he is given the ass I wouldn’t mind something like Shane Wane 2-3 years with Ciraldo assistant and the carrot we dangle is he takes over after Wane. But some have suggested Ciraldo is no chance.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get the feeling he’s getting these next 2 games to show something or he is gone. If he is given the ass I wouldn’t mind something like Shane Wane 2-3 years with Ciraldo assistant and the carrot we dangle is he takes over after Wane. But some have suggested Ciraldo is no chance.
Shane Warne??? Would probably get the same result!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Waste of 2 weeks bro....

Remember that "Baz has till round 10" rumours preseason? I guess it ain't a rumor no more.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cant see Ciraldo leaving his cushy job where morale is high and the culture is good to come to the Dogs to possible kill his career.

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Say that Baz is sacked what do you guys reckon is going to happen the rest of the year