Dogs Gone

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think we just need to cop the massive freight. Flanagan and Allan are no better than minimum wages so whatever extra we get is a bonus and we need whatever we can get from Thompson to get into the market again for next year.
Name some viable names as replacements on the right money and lets see what options there really are and what our changeover figure would be.

This is the problem.

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are an absolute basket case of a team with an obvious first step to resolving our issues in sacking Barrett. To not do so now can only be due to interests of individuals at the Club which are being prioritised over the interest of the Club and us fans. We don’t need anyone at the Club who does not put the Club first.

Last edited:

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Players off contract this year
Dufty, Vaughan, RFM, Doorey, Hoffman, Hetherington, Stimson, Topine, Wakeham, Katoa

I would only re-sign Hoffman and release the rest of them

Players who should be moved on, but wont as they are on overs and no clubs will "foot" the bill are
Naden, Allen, Burns, Thompson, TPJ, Waddell

Players off contract from other clubs this season i would target are;
Tylan May (Centre - Panthers)
Ryan Matterson (2nd Row - Eels)
Tom Eisenhuth (Storm - Bench forward)
Franklin Pele (Sharks - Bench forward)
Eddie Blacker (Panthers - Bench forward)

Shane Flanagan - Fox Sports, time to seat in the Bulldogs "hot seat"

Eddie Maguire - Ex. Collingwood CEO - 1 week tour of Belmore, showing the softcocks how to be ruthless

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Name some viable names as replacements on the right money and lets see what options there really are and what our changeover figure would be.

This is the problem.
We don't need to buy anyone to replace Flanagan and Allan, you promote players from within on minimum wage. Thompson's money (+ add the difference, will probably take close to ~600k) I'd use for a quality ball playing lock, e.g. Matterson. TPJ, Jackson, King and Sutton as the prop rotation. At fullback, either from within, Averillo, JAC and Toia all options, otherwise buy someone like CNK or Drinkwater if they're available. If JAC's going to fullback buy someone like May as we'll need another winger (not a significant difference between him and To'o this year if we're comparing from within the Panthers). All I know is Flanagan, Allan and Thompson all need to be off our books for 1 reason or another.

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dufty, Vaughan, RFM, Doorey, Hoffman, Hetherington, Stimson, Topine, Wakeham, Katoa

Players who should be moved on, but wont as they are on overs and no clubs will "foot" the bill are

Eddie Maguire - Ex. Collingwood CEO - 1 week tour of Belmore, showing the softcocks how to be ruthless
Thats a good list

Haas is off contract 2023 while we have Thompson off contract as well, if we could find a buyer for TPJ there is enough money for Haas.....

Ideally the money for Haas would be better spent on a established first class fullback or halfback, but which one is available? I dont think there is any available for a long time unfortunately

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Eisenhuth, Pele and Blacker is a monstrosity of a bench forward pack

I like it

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need a half back above any other position. Throw the bank at Mitchell Moses who is available for 2024 and get him over to Belmore ASAP.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we just need to cop the massive freight. Flanagan and Allan are no better than minimum wages so whatever extra we get is a bonus and we need whatever we can get from Thompson to get into the market again for next year.
Yep agreed . The 3 year deals for both of them were mind numbingly stupid

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
CLEAN THE DECKS fuckers.!!!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Will this be the 3rd time we've had to clean house since we started this rebuild? FMD!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
We have a clear path for 24. All duds are off books then.

If we have to pay Thompson a bit to fuck off to England it’s only for 1 season. If he’s on 700-800k and England give him 5-6 that’s ok to get us say matterson in. I’d do it. Then 24 that other 200k is there.

Same shit for Flanagan, allen etc.

In 24 we can sign anyone we want and priorities. Which actually is what’s best as there’s no gun 7 or 1 for 23 anyway.

We have Mahoney. Must lock in Burton. Land a gun 1/7 and build around tpj kikau and maybe matterson if we lost Thompson in the pack.

People saying fuck tpj off are on drugs.

He’s been very good in most games. Had a shocker Friday but clearly was off and tbh wouldn’t be surprised if he’s sick of the soft ***** and the shit coach…

I’d keep Vaughan if he would take a low deal (if he wants a pay day he will go to uk)

Jac, Mahoney, kikau, Burton, tpj is elite quality to build about.

King, Sutton, alomiti, schooup, karaz hopefully give us some building blocks to work with to.

Baz and his staff have to go. Ferris is the biggest fraud.

If we could part with Thompson and get matterson in for 23 with us covering what we had to in uk I’d think it’s a solid foundation to move forward and then for 24 we need to land an elite 7 or 1 with a quality other.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wouldn't mind Eddie Blacker, looks like a good young prop.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
We have a clear path for 24. All duds are off books then.

If we have to pay Thompson a bit to fuck off to England it’s only for 1 season. If he’s on 700-800k and England give him 5-6 that’s ok to get us say matterson in. I’d do it. Then 24 that other 200k is there.

Same shit for Flanagan, allen etc.

In 24 we can sign anyone we want and priorities. Which actually is what’s best as there’s no gun 7 or 1 for 23 anyway.

We have Mahoney. Must lock in Burton. Land a gun 1/7 and build around tpj kikau and maybe matterson if we lost Thompson in the pack.

People saying fuck tpj off are on drugs.

He’s been very good in most games. Had a shocker Friday but clearly was off and tbh wouldn’t be surprised if he’s sick of the soft ***** and the shit coach…

I’d keep Vaughan if he would take a low deal (if he wants a pay day he will go to uk)

Jac, Mahoney, kikau, Burton, tpj is elite quality to build about.

King, Sutton, alomiti, schooup, karaz hopefully give us some building blocks to work with to.

Baz and his staff have to go. Ferris is the biggest fraud.

If we could part with Thompson and get matterson in for 23 with us covering what we had to in uk I’d think it’s a solid foundation to move forward and then for 24 we need to land an elite 7 or 1 with a quality other.
TPJ is a case and point of where we are at. You never know if he's going to turn up or not, have a brain snap, go missing or change a game. IF he can't turn up for 80 minutes on the weekend to lead by example, do his fukin job without someone having to rev him up then yeah, he can fuk right off!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
TPJ is a case and point of where we are at. You never know if he's going to turn up or not, have a brain snap, go missing or change a game. IF he can't turn up for 80 minutes on the weekend to lead by example, do his fukin job without someone having to rev him up then yeah, he can fuk right off!
He got forced to play while sick.

A desperate move from a fraud **** desperate to keep the last job in league he will ever have.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
He got forced to play while sick.

A desperate move from a fraud **** desperate to keep the last job in league he will ever have.
He's been poor more then 1 game or 2. Just saying he needs alot of babysitting it seems to motivate him, too much work for a very expensive player. We need him to be a leader not an infant.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's been poor more then 1 game or 2. Just saying he needs alot of babysitting it seems to motivate him, too much work for a very expensive player. We need him to be a leader not an infant.
Probably why he got punted from the Broncos.