Club reassurance??? Where is it.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey guys.
I have been very vocal last few weeks that as a fan, I'm at breaking point and tapping out emotionally as a fan this season, and possibly next.

I think the reason I'm tapping out is it appears no end in sight for this shit we are in.

I think I am seeing I'm not the only fan who feels this way.
I seeing most dogs fans are the same.

Would it help us if the club provided us with a compassionate statement.

If Gus came out and acknowledged how the fans are feeling and showed some actual concern and understanding to how we are handling this bad time.

Gave us some insight, some honest insight into what's actually going on at the club and what is happening to turn things around.

Give us something to believe in.

I just need something to hope for.
At the moment, there is no end in sight.

What's going on Bulldogs.
Please
As a fan, I'm begging for something.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A generic PC media release saying they are trying hard and to be patient wouldn’t really do a thing for me because that’s the only thing they would do publicly. I just want the issues sorted.
I know,
I'm not looking or asking the club for a generic rehearsed statement.
I'm looking for a heartfelt honest message.

Love him or hate him, people look up to Gus.
He understands other people's point of view.
He is not an idiot.
He knows exactly how us fans are feeling.
I believe Gus is doing and planing things to turn it all around.

I just want to hear it from him to give me some hope.

Bit of validation to how us fans are feeling.
Would go a long way in connecting with the fans.
Might give fans something to help stay strong a bit longer if we knew what was going on.

Just feels like we are in the dark.
And all media info is just negative Bulldog hate that doesn't help us fans at all.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A generic PC media release saying they are trying hard and to be patient wouldn’t really do a thing for me because that’s the only thing they would do publicly. I just want the issues sorted.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know,
I'm not looking or asking the club for a generic rehearsed statement.
I'm looking for a heartfelt honest message.

Love him or hate him, people look up to Gus.
He understands other people's point of view.
He is not an idiot.
He knows exactly how us fans are feeling.
I believe Gus is doing and planing things to turn it all around.

I just want to hear it from him to give me some hope.

Bit of validation to how us fans are feeling.
Would go a long way in connecting with the fans.
Might give fans something to help stay strong a bit longer if we knew what was going on.

Just feels like we are in the dark.
And all media info is just negative Bulldog hate that doesn't help us fans at all.
Let’s be honest the only true way to reconnect with members and fans is by showing that they are genuinely turning the results around on field.

Any kind of message even it’s from the heart means absolutely nothing now. Getting results on and off the field are the only thing that will get the clubs credibility back.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Let’s be honest the only true way to reconnect with members and fans is by showing that they are genuinely turning the results around on field.

Any kind of message even it’s from the heart means absolutely nothing now. Getting results on and off the field are the only thing that will get the clubs credibility back.
I guess I'm asking for a heart felt message cause I need something from the club.

It's something the club can actually achieve.

Results on the field is clearly out of the question and not possible.

So some kind of honest message from the club showing some understanding of how the fans are feeling and some insight in the reality and road a head is at least something for a sad fan like myself and thousand's others to grip onto.

I just fucking need something, anything to hold hope to.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm asking for a heart felt message cause I need something from the club.

So some kind of honest message from the club showing some understanding of how the fans are feeling and some insight in the reality and road a head is at least something for a sad fan like myself and thousand's others to grip onto.

If that’s what you need than hopefully the club could do something but personally there’s nothing the club could say at this point that would make me feel any better about the situation it’s in.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If that’s what you need than hopefully the club could do something but personally there’s nothing the club could say at this point that would make me feel any better about the situation it’s in.
I feel your pain mate,
We all do.
Prolonged failure with no end in sight is hard to take. It sure is.

Board after board.
Coach after coach.
Trainer after trainer.
Player after player.
Paying overs for players, only to then move them on and chip in out of our cap to pay them to play against us,
Year in year out. Hurts.

Constantly coming up against our ex player (who did nothing when with us)
To then play the best games of their lives and pull our pants down when playing against us,
Fucking hurts the most.

How many times have other teams waited till they play the dogs, to play a young kid in first grade for the first time.
We see it time and time again, and the kid gets a try on first game.
That's demoralising.
Coaches ear mark their game against the dogs to bring back ling term injured players to ease them back into first grade.
That's demoralising.

Make no mistake, our club is the easy beats of the comp that no other club has any respect for.

That's demoralising.

Our once proud club, is now the laughing stock of the league.
That's demoralising.

Other fans laughing at our club week in week out.
That's demoralising.

A club like the tigers will flog us in our upcoming game.
That's demoralising.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

We might not hear that message Roo but rest assured behind the scenes, it must be in hand and being worked on.

We have placed all our eggs in the Gus basket. The Board recognised that it would take the gravitas of only Phil Gould to achieve improvement. It's really all we have to cling onto to at present.

The realisation, and hope, that they know what they are doing, and that Gus is competent enough, and personally invested enough, to see this job through in pulling this club up by the scruff of the neck and up to Top 8 (at least for the time being) quality.

He constantly highlights the necessity of junior development for long term succes and has local, and junior programs all round NSW and some in QLD.

We know the club's previous 2 Boards let the ball go out of play in so many fundamental areas and it's gonna take time.

We don't really know the behind the scenes plans with our coaching situation so we are up in the air with that as well.

We just have to trust that these guys love the club as much as us and that Gould is as much of a lover of rugby league as he appears and wants us on top....either as much for our club or as a personal challenge for himself and his continued reputation as a top class administrator and best in the business in re-building and guiding clubs (warts and all).

We just gotta hang in there :grinning:

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Headtfelt crap lect with the scary lady. Youll havevto go to Rugby Union to see her oh wait she ruined that as well not sire where she is these days.

Have patience with the club. Wheels are in motion for improvements

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain mate,
We all do.
Prolonged failure with no end in sight is hard to take. It sure is.

Board after board.
Coach after coach.
Trainer after trainer.
Player after player.
Paying overs for players, only to then move them on and chip in out of our cap to pay them to play against us,
Year in year out. Hurts.

Constantly coming up against our ex player (who did nothing when with us)
To then play the best games of their lives and pull our pants down when playing against us,
Fucking hurts the most.

How many times have other teams waited till they play the dogs, to play a young kid in first grade for the first time.
We see it time and time again, and the kid gets a try on first game.
That's demoralising.
Coaches ear mark their game against the dogs to bring back ling term injured players to ease them back into first grade.
That's demoralising.

Make no mistake, our club is the easy beats of the comp that no other club has any respect for.

That's demoralising.

Our once proud club, is now the laughing stock of the league.
That's demoralising.

Other fans laughing at our club week in week out.
That's demoralising.

A club like the tigers will flog us in our upcoming game.
That's demoralising.
I have sort of disconnected myself from worrying about on field results in the short term I expect to lose every game and that’s my of coping with the current circumstances. I enjoy the odd victory because it blindsides me so much.

As fans we are very much left in the dark about the direction the club is heading. There could be more pain coming or light at the end of the tunnel we don’t have a clue what’s coming. Hopefully the club is turning things around but I’m not confident it will happen they have used all the credit in the bank they had with me.

Keep the expectations low to avoid the disappointment is the best advice I can give unfortunately.

TAS

All In
Reaction score
Actions speak louder than words. Players need to play as a team. Focussed on their job and putting in the effort and playing with heart. Respecting the proud history of this great Club by playing with passion and desire for achieving more success while they wear our jersey.

A team that understands and respects the fact that they represent one of the largest supporter bases of any club in any sporting code in the country and that this supporter base demands and deserves a team that equally loves the Club and colours that they represent. Having the will and determination to do whatever is necessary to achieve this level of success and setting that as the benchmark required when wearing our jersey to show everyone that representing this Club is a privilege.

Show me that without any statement of meaningless words.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have sort of disconnected myself from worrying about on field results in the short term I expect to lose every game and that’s my of coping with the current circumstances. I enjoy the odd victory because it blindsides me so much.

As fans we are very much left in the dark about the direction the club is heading. There could be more pain coming or light at the end of the tunnel we don’t have a clue what’s coming. Hopefully the club is turning things around but I’m not confident it will happen they have used all the credit in the bank they had with me.

Keep the expectations low to avoid the disappointment is the best advice I can give unfortunately.
Fuck me
You are so beat, and so are so many other fans.

Really does highlight just how low things are right now, and just how shit things have been for a long time now.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck me
You are so beat, and so are so many other fans.

Really does highlight just how low things are right now, and just how shit things have been for a long time now.
Losing games, no improvement, poor recruiting/retention and a coaching merry go round have been the key ingredients for the Dogs for over 5 years. It’s just not sustainable to stay in the cycle and there will be a breaking point at some stage.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Losing games, no improvement, poor recruiting/retention and a coaching merry go round have been the key ingredients for the Dogs for over 5 years. It’s just not sustainable to stay in the cycle and there will be a breaking point at some stage.
I agree and that breaking point was realistically last season.
But showing no improvement this year, when we should have been starting to move put of the rutt is what's really killing me.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree and that breaking point was realistically last season.
But showing no improvement this year, when we should have been starting to move put of the rutt is what's really killing me.
This year has been really disappointing with no sign of improvements. It’s why the next step has to done right I’d rather keep Tbaz this whole season if it meant getting the right personnel in place for 23.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess is the whole club administration is divided and treading on egg shells. Everyone would be looking over their shoulders especially with Gould in the house. I doubt anyone at the club knows what the the fuck is going on TBH so what hope have the fans got?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Anyone at the club who's seriously not sure whether to sack Baz or not has put a massive target on their head and needs to be moved on too. They're part of the problem and lacking ambition (and straight up not all there). I hope Gus is just straight lying or his opinion has at least changed since publically backing Baz (even tho he was finished after round 3). When things are so blantenly wrong I don't see why we have to suffer as fans.