Opinion Speed of Play

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching the Storm v Panthers game and the difference in the way they play the game is so much faster it’s depressing.

Watching us play is the equivalent of watching a Park Over 45’s game next to a NRL game.

Everything both the Storm & Panthers do is at speed and high energy. Players are all constantly in motion.

We are so far behind the top teams.

How long will it take for any new coach to change this around. I fear we are still years away.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching the Storm v Panthers game and the difference in the way they play the game is so much faster it’s depressing.

Watching us play is the equivalent of watching a Park Over 45’s game next to a NRL game.

Everything both the Storm & Panthers do is at speed and high energy. Players are all constantly in motion.

How long will it take for any new coach to change this around. I fear we are still years away.
We are Baz Lightyears away

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It is very depressing. We are last for good reason. But a good coach and the right team can make a difference quickly. I’m starting to lose faith that the people in charge will make tough decisions needed though.

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You've got to be kidding was Ferris an ex-Manly mercenary as well. Fuck me dead these ex-Manly players/coaches have fleeced our club and stolen a living. When will we learn to stop hiring ex-Manly duds
I’m very serious. Head of Physical Performance at Manly during the Barrett reign of terror, 2016-18.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m very serious. Head of Physical Performance at Manly during the Barrett reign of terror, 2016-18.
Not being facetious, but do you think our lack of ability (and Manlys 2026 -18) maybe more down to Ferris rather than all on Barrett. Just a thought.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If TB wants to survive he needs to get results quick.

He Is griping about player performance, so he better put some teeth into it and start dropping players.

The coaching staff are obviously not up to it. Who are we moving on TB?

Drop the nice guy and take action.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

The whole NRL is fried… how the fuck only 2 teams can win the whole thing

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Two quality sides .. even Melbourne missing players an looking lost an getting well smashed still played with speed.
Very depressing knowing we don’t have that and haven’t for a very long time.

also just a mention.. a player like Blake Taafe and or Walsh would give our bulldogs something very Amazing which again.. we lack.Other teams just seem to find an gel players, we can’t seem to do that..!!

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Two quality sides .. even Melbourne missing players an looking lost an getting well smashed still played with speed.
Very depressing knowing we don’t have that and haven’t for a very long time.

also just a mention.. a player like Blake Taafe and or Walsh would give our bulldogs something very Amazing which again.. we lack.Other teams just seem to find an gel players, we can’t seem to do that..!!
I rate Walsh. Taafe not so much. Walsh would be an unbelievable signing but we still need a 7

Last edited:

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep the difference between the top teams and bottom teams.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I guess with how even Storm struggled with their 7 missing, it shows how important a good spine is.

Any wonder we struggle. We only have Burton....1 in 4 (a quarter, or 25% of a spine) in every single game.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
There's no sense of urgency about anything we do