News Sound like a broken record’: Barrett urges stars to step up as Dogs hit 26-year low

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe I love the club but hate the team. I honestly can't stand them bro...But I was born a Bulldog and I will die a Bulldog.
Me too....62 years a Berries/Bulldogs supporter and I will die bleeding Blue and White but I'm not going to waste any sweat on this bunch of imported heartless pretenders.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
TB has failed to install a "winning culture". Losing is now a state of mind and wont change unless there is a major change.
Somehow, I think the talent is there in most positions, but is being misused.

Stargate44

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
BARRETT NEEDS TO GO.... 5 WINS 29 LOSSES
JACKSON NEEDS TO GO AS CAPTAIN...........
GUS NEEDS TO GET OFF TWITTER AND MEDIA OUTLETS AND DO HIS JOB AS THE CLUB IS WORST NOW THAN LAST YEAR...
BULLDOGS WOODEN SPOON 2021 AND 2022.....

Malla

Reaction score
Imagine winning the game against roosters without Josh Jackson….then going into the next 4 weeks against Raiders, Knights, Tigers and Dragons thinking heya surely 2 or 3 wins coming up.
End up losing first 2 against arguably shitter teams than us with Jackson back.
Not saying Jackson is the problem. The way he’s being used is the problem. Baz Is the problem

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
BARRETT NEEDS TO GO.... 5 WINS 29 LOSSES
JACKSON NEEDS TO GO AS CAPTAIN...........
GUS NEEDS TO GET OFF TWITTER AND MEDIA OUTLETS AND DO HIS JOB AS THE CLUB IS WORST NOW THAN LAST YEAR...
BULLDOGS WOODEN SPOON 2021 AND 2022.....
It's clear as day to everyone fans and not that we have massive problems, come Monday we will know if the club thinks change is needed or they don't have a issue.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's clear as day to everyone fans and not that we have massive problems, come Monday we will know if the club thinks change is needed or they don't have a issue.
Mate Baz ain’t getting sacked on Monday. I know lots of people want it but it just won’t happen.

He is not even halfway through his deal yet. If we run last he will probably go at year end (or close to year end). But with Gus backing him publicly there is no way he will spear him within the next 2 months.

Not saying I agree with it. Just saying what I am pretty sure will happen

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mate Baz ain’t getting sacked on Monday. I know lots of people want it but it just won’t happen.

He is not even halfway through his deal yet. If we run last he will probably go at year end (or close to year end). But with Gus backing him publicly there is no way he will spear him within the next 2 months.

Gus only said Baz will be here after he’s gone. Get it done Khoury! Gus Monday morning, Baz Monday afternoon.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

All good, just venting my frustration.

Like I have said before Gus will not eat his words anytime soon.

One thing is for certain is that Gus will have to decide between taking a hit to his rep/ego vs sticking by Baz when we are spooners to be 2022.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus only said Baz will be here after he’s gone. Get it done Khoury! Gus Monday morning, Baz Monday afternoon.
Lol mate.

Gus ain’t a miracle worker. Our problems started long before him when Des and Raleane abandoned junior development and tried to buy a comp.

Have a look how long it took Penrith to turn it around. Unfortunately there is no quick fix.

For now the main thing we need is a halfback or we will be bottom 4 again next year even with Mahoney and Kikau. Look at the teams at the bottom - us, titans and knights. Common denominator is a substandard halfback.

With the pathways Gus is setting up we will inevitably develop one but that may take a while. In order to get us fans off the cliff we need something before then. Flanno just ain’t the answer

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All good, just venting my frustration.

Like I have said before Gus will not eat his words anytime soon.

One thing is for certain is that Gus will have to decide between taking a hit to his rep/ego vs sticking by Baz when we are spooners to be 2022.
Agreed mate. We are all frustrated

Don’t worry what Gus says about Baz long term. He will sack Baz in order to preserve his own reputation and not think twice about what he said in the past.

But I just don’t see it happening until the end of the year

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

We are not winning anything with him so we need to bring in a caretaker coach asap

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Imagine winning the game against roosters without Josh Jackson….then going into the next 4 weeks against Raiders, Knights, Tigers and Dragons thinking heya surely 2 or 3 wins coming up.
End up losing first 2 against arguably shitter teams than us with Jackson back.
Not saying Jackson is the problem. The way he’s being used is the problem. Baz Is the problem
Baz and Jackson are both problems. Baz has no answers to even make us competitive. Jackson is well past his best and needs to retire or go to super league. Sadly I think he stays one more year to collect the cash. The Jackson re signing was a disgrace and one of the many poor recruitment and retention decisions which has led us to this dark place.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What about that toa bloke? The Reggie’s coach I think
They’d probably go with Furner due to his experience but yeah Tanagata Toa could be another option. Which ever way they go I doubt much improved until next year providing they find the right coach.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They’d probably go with Furner due to his experience but yeah Tanagata Toa could be another option. Which ever way they go I doubt much improved until next year providing they find the right coach.
I like what I’ve seen from Reggie’s in terms of structure.. we won’t lose anything trying him while we find the long term option

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like what I’ve seen from Reggie’s in terms of structure.. we won’t lose anything trying him while we find the long term option
It can’t get much worse but I doubt it gets much better.