Official Gus on Twitter

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
100%.
The issue I have is T Ballz whinged last night about the drop balls, poor execution etc… but we’ll continue to pick these flops.
I didn’t bother watching his presser cos it’s the same drivel

Look how Robbo owned the loss when we beat them and said he and the coaching staff got it wrong and it’s “on me’ to improve the side

That’s a clear example on a winning /growth mindset coach and a loser/fixed mindset

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im only speculating here but I wouldn't be surprised if Kikau and Mahoney contracts are based on Baz being coach when they start their tenure here.

So you could be right. He night have to be here till afew rounds next year....
Why would we insert such a clause.. he is not Bellamy. These guys came down for money

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100%.
The issue I have is T Ballz whinged last night about the drop balls, poor execution etc… but we’ll continue to pick these flops.
What shits me to no end is coaches like Des and Baz who kerp focussing on dropped balls and errors.

Every team makes errors. No team in the history of the game has made 0 errors.
It's their ability to make up for them that determines if they win or lose.

We don't have the ability to defend many errors but what worse we cannot make up for them.

THAT is the problem.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think many of you are looking way too much into his comments on Twitter, or lack thereof. I know he can be stubborn and his pride does get in the way, but I have no doubt he'll be thinking 2 steps ahead. After all, he did step in before our Roosters win and also had his input about Flanagan's role in the team. So it's not like he's hiding in the shadows.

And to add further - as if he's going to publicly shame coaches and players. How would you like it if your colleagues or boss publicly stated that you're a shit kaant at work? Yeah I didn't think so.
I'm sure things behind the scenes are very different. Many are still forgetting Gus has been in the role for less than a year now. Things don't change just at the click of the fingers ffs.
He doesn't have to publicly shame them.
Just drop them and announce that the standard was not up to scratch. Shows strength rather than weakness.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well in that case Baz should be sacked by 6pm tomorrow.

A change is needed. Even if the playing group stays the sane. And I bet it works wonders.
100% we need a change because his methods are not working and not getting results. The options are really limited now. We can take the risk with Ciraldo or Flanagan. As highly rated as Ciraldo is… I want someone with experience.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
100% we need a change because his methods are not working and not getting results. The options are really limited now. We can take the risk with Ciraldo or Flanagan. As highly rated as Ciraldo is… I want someone with experience.
Problem is mate the job is for a old school coach and good support people, the guys around Trent like really who are they

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Funny thing is…. Gus gets on Twitter & his podcast to comment on other clubs be it good or bad, then the minute the Bulldogs dish out absolute f{}cking trash on game day… he goes MIA with some stupid sugar coated tweet about errors/completions etc

It’s f{}cking round 10… the team is regressing, the same f{}cking plodders that make game turning mistakes keep getting selected… enough is enough!!
Would you prefer he shit cans our team to the world? What would that achieve? Nothing!

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
And what happens if the new coach fails?

If you get in a new coach then he has to be afforded time to build his own side.
How long are we going to give him?
Maybe his recruits and style don’t work out again.
Then what?
New coach again?

This is my biggest fear with the Dogs at the moment.
We are in a perpetual rebuild year after year.

Although I am not saying I am happy with how the Dogs have been going, how could you be?
I am starting to think that The biggest thing we need is to stop with the chopping and changing and to remain patient with Baz and Gould.

I am happy with changing the support staff if that is what it takes.

Gould has said right from the start that this is a long process. He is working on the junior pathways setup so that we hopefully see talented juniors make the step up to first grade and we find ourselves in a situation where we have a side worth more than the $10m salary cap.
We still haven’t got that part right. We are not getting the value out of the contracts we hold with players across the top 30 squad.

That’s what it’s all about and what would really change our fortunes.
The players.
Answer is simple: you keep adjusting and moving on Coaches until you get it right. It’s a very simple game and right mix of players and coach can change things very very quickly. It happens frequently in football (soccer) in UK and Europe. You can’t take these stupid 5 year rebuild approaches to your First Team. Every club will have a 5 year plan, developing juniors etc, that should be happening regardless of 1st team ladder position. Great clubs recognize earlier when change is needed, and you can’t be afraid of it.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Im only speculating here but I wouldn't be surprised if Kikau and Mahoney contracts are based on Baz being coach when they start their tenure here.

So you could be right. He night have to be here till afew rounds next year....
I agree, it has to be due to player options based on Coach

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Answer is simple: you keep adjusting and moving on Coaches until you get it right. It’s a very simple game and right mix of players and coach can change things very very quickly. It happens frequently in football (soccer) in UK and Europe. You can’t take these stupid 5 year rebuild approaches to your First Team. Every club will have a 5 year plan, developing juniors etc, that should be happening regardless of 1st team ladder position. Great clubs recognize earlier when change is needed, and you can’t be afraid of it.
There's no relegation here so clubs can afford to be fucking pussies and make excuses every year to sell memberships

Chana

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think the problem is that we are trying to implement a style of play without having the right types of players in key positions, and this has to be what the club agreed to from the top down. There are a few here on the kennel who have raised this previously, so nothing new. If we wanted to win games this year, then we would have to implement a style that suits the player we currently have. Pros and Cons: If we did the latter we would have to start from scratch next year, if we don't, well its there for all to see (Wooden Spoon).

The coach however, can only do so much, he can't teach individuals the basics, you learn these in the junior leagues, catch, pass and hold the ball. I was really worried until Gus came on board, and I know he will implement changes that will take this club to the top and keep us there. What still worries me is that Barret has recruited some of these imposters, and hopefully he is not involved so much in recruitment moving forward.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They are spitting in the face of every supporter if he Doesn’t sack the whole coaching staff
That was fucking unacceptable tonight… can’t believe my eyes
This absolutely has to be the first move. They are the ones conducting the drills etc, and the results have been appalling.
Apart from Furner, I have never heard of the other assistants before they came here.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There's no relegation here so clubs can afford to be fucking pussies and make excuses every year to sell memberships
You’re absolutely right mate, not accountable and the only pressure is delivered by RL media who by enlarge struggle to understand basics. The salary cap, despite being open to rorting, is there to even the competition so 5 year rebuilds are just again diverting attention and pressure off.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
His press conferences are a repeat, he is not charismatic says the same things.

Compare to T Robinson's he has different focuses each week, has an aura about him and owns his mistakes. He doesn't throw the players under the bus

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would we insert such a clause.. he is not Bellamy. These guys came down for money
Yep I don’t think clauses like that are around at all now. If ever a player signed a contract with a coach clause it would have been Foran