News Sound like a broken record’: Barrett urges stars to step up as Dogs hit 26-year low

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
His constant repetition of the same stuff every match - too many errors, not enough commitment, courage - is not followed up with a solution.
He is unable to get the results from a team that, despite some flaws, should be competing at a level higher than it is.

Just look at the Tigers and Knights. They show courage and commitment; know how to attack, and have the will to win- even though they have inadequate teams.

Barrett's job is not to tell us why we lost, it's to make sure we win. He's had enough time, and we still get the same below par results and the same observations from the coach after each game. Don't tell us the problem - fix the bloody thing, or get out!
It's because he doesn't hold himself or the players accountable. He never fires up or drops the repeat offenders. He's created a culture of laziness where short cuts in training and fitness are rewarded. He keeps picking his favourites no matter how bad they play or how little effort they show..

And he never, ever acknowledges that the performances are unacceptable or that the club and fans deserve better. Not once has he said that. Every other coach in the same situation would. If he's not fired in the next few weeks, then Gus and Khoury can leave as well. I'm sick of the losing culture that gets accepted at this once great club.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tbag has no answers. It always goes back to "cleaning up the errors" or "a great effort".

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's because he doesn't hold himself or the players accountable. He never fires up or drops the repeat offenders. He's created a culture of laziness where short cuts in training and fitness are rewarded. He keeps picking his favourites no matter how bad they play or how little effort they show..

And he never, ever acknowledges that the performances are unacceptable or that the club and fans deserve better. Not once has he said that. Every other coach in the same situation would. If he's not fired in the next few weeks, then Gus and Khoury can leave as well. I'm sick of the losing culture that gets accepted at this once great club.
You're right. His excuses are all about him.

I've never heard him apologise to the fans, or make a commitment to them that he'll do better next week.
It's all self focused, and forgotten about until the next loss.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He doesnt even whip the dead horse...he offers it a sugar cube. Great presser Barrett. So insightful. How about you be forced to take questions from a members day. Why do you have a match plan equivalent to an under 12's team, why do our players look unfit, why do you purchase other clubs discards, Why do you continue to pick players like Nadan, dufty & Okenturd week after week after week. They pretty much gift wins to the opposition. Why do you persist with Jackson as a ball player when he isn't. Why is JMK even a run on 9 when he cant pass? Why arent you moving on Thompson...for $800k a season he is MASSIVLEY overpaid and not even in the top 15 props in the game. Seriously its a fucking joke.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree with most of what you have written. However we differ on Thompson. Overpaid? Maybe.
But he is not a prop in the NRL standard football. He is an edge forward.
However he will remain as a prop as we dont have anyone capable of doing better except Vaughn.

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m sent thousands of messages to John khoury and aza Warburton on instagram let’s see if it goes through their heads u should all message them the same thing about Baz and show them we are disgusted of this coaching staff and this team

Number13

Management
Reaction score
I actually watched that presser. I don't know why. Very uncomfortable viewing. I'm no body language expert, but I think Baz knows he's a dead man walking. So too Josh Jackson.
It is over. His departure will be a headline detracting from the outstanding performances of other NRL sides during Magic Weekend.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baz doesnt drop the balls or kick out on the full at crucial times.
We need a halfback that will put defence in 2 minds like reynolds for bronx and wakey is the only one.
You cannot expect burton to come up with all the big plays with 4 defenders marking him at any given time.
A good 7 and we go along way to be fixed.
He has changed the game plan with burton and flannagan at first receiver unfortunately flannagan is just catch and pass and pop gun bombs or out in the full

Number13

Management
Reaction score
Iz Baz serious? He keeps using the words like courageous and great effort to describe the team yet cowards like Dufty and Naden are avoiding contact and moving out of the way of attacking players so they can score more easily..

They need to fire this clown today. We can't have 14 more games of this shit. He just doesn't get it and takes no responsibility. He holds no players accountable and never drops them or rips into them, instead praising their courage and effort.. Fuck this fraud off right now. I don't know what more a coach has to do to get sacked..

He's 5-29 in 2 seasons and we average less than 10 points a game. He sets new records every week for being the worst team since.. Enough is enough Gus and Khoury! Pull your fingers out!
Enough said!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baz also needs to pull dufty aside and say to him no more attempted intercepts you make the tackle just ban him strict instruction

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
He obviously has no discipline in his coaching otherwise the players wouldn't be doing what they are every week for 2 years now. When completely useless players who fuk up every game can still get picked then there is no repercussions. So if a so-called marquee player will know 100% they won't be dropped, they know they can do anything.

Number13

Management
Reaction score
He doesnt even whip the dead horse...he offers it a sugar cube. Great presser Barrett. So insightful. How about you be forced to take questions from a members day. Why do you have a match plan equivalent to an under 12's team, why do our players look unfit, why do you purchase other clubs discards, Why do you continue to pick players like Nadan, dufty & Okenturd week after week after week. They pretty much gift wins to the opposition. Why do you persist with Jackson as a ball player when he isn't. Why is JMK even a run on 9 when he cant pass? Why arent you moving on Thompson...for $800k a season he is MASSIVLEY overpaid and not even in the top 15 props in the game. Seriously its a fucking joke.
Top of the class response. The press should put a blow torch on both of them!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is our match plan any different to other teams?
When i watch other games pretty much all looks the same re the game plans from other coaches

The other teams have better players particularly at 1 and 7.
Execution lacking

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How is our match plan any different to other teams?
When i watch other games pretty much all looks the same re the game plans from other coaches

The other teams have better players particularly at 1 and 7.
Execution lacking
Other teams only need 20-30 minutes to seal a win. We will never win until we give Trent an “80 minute performance”. It’s like that’s the coaches equivalent to “full credit to the boys” when players do an interview haha.

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Week 2 2021: "...until they learn to stop giving the ball away..."

Week 10 2022: "...until they learn to stop giving the ball away..."

Makes you think if he's actually doing anything to punish these lazy errors.