Opinion SOS Shane Flanagan

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Just thinking out loud....wouldn't it be good to get Skeletor to break his contract and coach the Dogs, a ready made team, seeing he is struggling to field a squad for next year. You reckon he'd be itching at the chance?
I'd love to dream but if they knocked him back after he approaching them I'm sure he would tell them to go fuck themselves.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
=Date-Line Belmore, Sydney=
The enthusiasm was palpable down Belmore way with the exciting news that Ted Glossop will be taking over the reins from beleaguered Dogs coach Trent Barret effective immediately.
"I'm so very proud and delighted to be back, I'm brimming with ideas and can't weight to hit the paddock with the boys" beamed the exuberant master coach.
Bulldogs supremo, the venerable, Gus Gould is responsible for giving Glossop the nod.
"You just can't leave a sharp footy brain like Teddys sitting on the sideline forever, it would be a terrible waste of talent!"
Negotiations are also afoot to lure brilliant five-eighth Garry Hughes and International hooker and club legend Dr. George Peponis back into the fray so stay tuned Bulldogs fans the "entertainers" will be barking once again!

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
=Date-Line Belmore, Sydney=
The enthusiasm was palpable down Belmore way with the exciting news that Ted Glossop will be taking over the reins from beleaguered Dogs coach Trent Barret effective immediately.
"I'm so very proud and delighted to be back, I'm brimming with ideas and can't weight to hit the paddock with the boys" beamed the exuberant master coach.
Bulldogs supremo, the venerable, Gus Gould is responsible for giving Glossop the nod.
"You just can't leave a sharp footy brain like Teddys sitting on the sideline forever, it would be a terrible waste of talent!"
Negotiations are also afoot to lure brilliant five-eighth Garry Hughes and International hooker and club legend Dr. George Peponis back into the fray so stay tuned Bulldogs fans the "entertainers" will be barking once again!
May he RIP

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it's tough all round. No easy answers. Bellamy would be ideal and 100% needed. Who knows what Gus and JK have up their sleeve but I sure hope it's something thats gonna work.
You won’t get a senior coach Bellamy et al-won’t come to the Dogs with Gus as GM. Gus has a great relationship with Flanno. There is a real “Smokey” that’s very highly regarded by many by current elite players; however would be seen as a last throw of the dice by most punters.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You won’t get a senior coach Bellamy et al-won’t come to the Dogs with Gus as GM. Gus has a great relationship with Flanno. There is a real “Smokey” that’s very highly regarded by many by current elite players; however would be seen as a last throw of the dice by most punters.
I'm thinking "looking after" junior was all part of the plan to fuck baz off the first chance he gets.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just thinking out loud....wouldn't it be good to get Skeletor to break his contract and coach the Dogs, a ready made team, seeing he is struggling to field a squad for next year. You reckon he'd be itching at the chance?
Hmm, Wayne has a habit of leaving clubs worse off then he started. I don't want to deal with that possibility.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking "looking after" junior was all part of the plan to fuck baz off the first chance he gets.
Looking after Junior meant Baz no longer has the final say over the playing roster. Pressure is mounting after each game on all the coaching staff. There’lll certainly be changes within the coach staff soon - as for Baz, Gus won’t pull the trigger

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hmm, Wayne has a habit of leaving clubs worse off then he started. I don't want to deal with that possibility.
Can't get anyworse lol

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t get the obsession with Flanagan at all. Why him? Paul Green has very similar career stats to Flanagan and has the added bonus of coaching NRL more recently and no baggage. I’m not saying I want Green anywhere near Belmore either but Flanagan would be another huge mistake that we cannot afford.
Than who do you suggest coach the dogs?

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Just get Flanagan in. He has the runs on the board. He will set standards for the players to meet and he knows how to produce a winner.

At this point you just want buy in from the players. No other option comes close to ticking those boxes.

As for his son. Well he will live and die on that choice. And I feel he will be harder on his son than any of us. It’s also going to be Flanagans last go if he doesn’t get it right

I think people forget how he turned the sharks around. It wasn’t peptides. He changed that culture. He brought in boxing equipment to get the boys fitter with his own money. That’s the sort of coach that sees a problem and fixes it. Ownership of the team performance is what we want. And he really is the only option that ticks those boxes.