I fear Baz won't get sacked.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rather than sack him, Monday morning he needs to sit before Khoury and Gould and explain exactly what the fucks going on.

See if he sticks loyal to the other no hopers draining our club of a yearly salary, or points them out as the problem, and asks for fresh employees and help with an assistant coach.

Sandercock and Furner are doing fuck all, the skills coach guy is clearly useless, and Ferris the conditioning trainer has our playersin the worst shape they've ever been.

Questions need to be asked, answers need to be honest, and action need to be swift.

If Barrett can't pinpoint members of his coaching entourage are the problem, then he has to shoulder the blame entirely himself.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If Gus recons leaving baz until 2024 then he has got rocks in his head a should piss off with him immediately because 2 years is a long time and if he thinks Baz is going to turn them around then he has lost his marbles

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that I think about it what top coach would want to work under Gould they won't get control because Gould will override them. He likes Barrett because he is a puppet.
On the other hand a young coach knowing Gus is watching his every move, might not be ideal either.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Rather than sack him, Monday morning he needs to sit before Khoury and Gould and explain exactly what the fucks going on.

See if he sticks loyal to the other no hopers draining our club of a yearly salary, or points them out as the problem, and asks for fresh employees and help with an assistant coach.

Sandercock and Furner are doing fuck all, the skills coach guy is clearly useless, and Ferris the conditioning trainer has our playersin the worst shape they've ever been.

Questions need to be asked, answers need to be honest, and action need to be swift.

If Barrett can't pinpoint members of his coaching entourage are the problem, then he has to shoulder the blame entirely himself.
You’d think that meeting is high on the agenda for the week.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What worries me more is if we appoint the wrong coach.

Then we really are farked.

I have said it before, but this might be the most important decision in the Dogs history.
We've already bottled this rebuild... Remember in 2018 when we said 2022-2023 we'd be competitive lol. 2025 seems logical now.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Seeing you down is no good bro. You used to be captain optimism.
Sorry bro. I tried for a few rounds.. I got optimistic and said we will win an win easy, but that disappointed me again. So yea a little gutted to say the least.

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely if the higher ups at all care about on field results anymore baz goes. I swear ever since that Raelene castle clown came in and said the bulldogs ambitions aren’t just on field and winning grand finals but also “insert diverse political bullshit” as their priority. I remember her specifically coming out and talking about it, and we’ve just been so shit ever since.
Who cares about being competitive when.we can hand out free memberships to refugees like confetti. (Get bent long term financial members!).

Also the massive change for the better getting rid of the cheerleaders..

(Nothing to cheer about the last 8 years.).

Go woke..... go....

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus has publicly backed him. He said he will be coach long after I'm gone.

If he does, all the vultures will get stuck into him. Gus's ego won't allow that

How does the club get out of this hole? Do the power brokers at the club step in and sack Baz and risk upsetting Gus?

Do they say f*ck Gus and go ahead and sack him ?

It seems like we're just going around in circles.
Gus has a history of saying one thing publicly and doing the opposite later down the track such as saying Cotric wasn't leaving the Dogs. Did Gus say that Baz would be "coach long after I'm gone" or "coach of the Dogs NRL team long after I'm gone"? If it's the former he could demote Baz to coach of the reserve grade team and stay true to his word.

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Alex Ferguson - the most important figure at the club is the coach...

Griffin cracked it with Gould because he was interfering. Any coach walking in will know they are just a puppet to Gus.

Broncos & Cowboys trusted their process with the coach and are competitive. Sharks hired Fitzgibbon and have let him do his job. I cannot see this working with Gus unless his role is solely on junior pathways. He has too much power and I think that will put off a lot of good candidates.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've already bottled this rebuild... Remember in 2018 when we said 2022-2023 we'd be competitive lol. 2025 seems logical now.
I still think from 2018 -22 we were severely hampered by the cap.

In saying that, the money we did have was poorly spent.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Realistically, Gus will change the whole coaching group except for Barrett, before he sacks him.
Still won't make the cattle hold the ball and not give away stupid penalties and 6 agains.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ponder this for a sobering fact.

Unless i am mistaken, JMK, Jackson, Waddell, Okunbor and Averillo are what we have to show from said 2018 - 22 period.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Do any of the players have get out clauses if Barrett gets the arse? It's the only logical reason he is still there. Sacking the coach and having Burton walk and Kikau backflip would be a pr disaster.
Aren't they illegal?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ponder this for a sobering fact.

Unless i am mistaken, JMK, Jackson, Waddell, Okunbor and Averillo are what we have to show from said 2018 - 22 period.
It is very sad... Thats why I was a massive advocate for Meaney staying at 1 and Cogger at 7 during. We chopped and changed so much that we never made any progression