Official Gus on Twitter

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
14-4 proved our stupidity in attacking play as well as handling.

Our defensive structure works. However it's the inability to complete the tackle which bothers me.

Cummings as bad as he is and has been generally could have been worse last night. Eg TPJ could have easily been sinbinned earlier. You could see it in his face that he wanted to.

Discipline is destroying us.

That's 3 games now that we should have iced....cheating or not.

Bronco's
Manly
Canberra.

Shoulda woulda coulda...didn't
Between poor discipline and poor ball handling, We are putting too much pressure on our defence in our half. We haven't scored more than 16 points in a game this year, so we can't afford to squander possession that leaks points

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Workplace culture actually starts at the bottom. You cant change the culture without clearing out the guys that hold onto the old culture and refuse to buy into the new culture.
Thats a fair comment.

Its interesting that Jacko is out for a week and our discipline was differant. The boys where hudled last week and alot of talk during game stoppage. It wasnt pretty last week but better than this weeks reverting to same old.

Theres still the point that alot of dead wood was cleared and yet we still seeing dumb shit results. Naden is new to the team and hes already been infected lol

Cant believe Elliot of all people looked composed and less dumber than when playing for us. Meaney isnt diamonds but looks better at Storm.

Anyways enough from me Im over it. Might go and gouge my eyes out so I dont watch next weekend.

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As a show of faith to coming to the dogs next year I think they should make Reed Mahoney be our captain. As an 80 minute player and someone who leads by example I'm hoping he could replicate what Cameron Smith did for the Storm. Thoughts?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
As a show of faith to coming to the dogs next year I think they should make Reed Mahoney be our captain. As an 80 minute player and someone who leads by example I'm hoping he could replicate what Cameron Smith did for the Storm. Thoughts?
Big responsibility for a new player coming into a poor team but by the same token he is the player that will be running the show in the middle and therefore have the most influence in getting these slow, dumb players moving forward to where he wants them.

Reactions: 88

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think he'll be there or thereabouts with being captain in 2024.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Probably not. Gus gives zero fucks about us i swear. He blocks any fan that has a slight negative rant about our club. Most twitter dogs fans have been blocked by gus lol.
Any fucking wonder..I also have nfi why he is even on there enduring niff nuffs..more than just Dave from here bugging him too I bet.
Should get one of his underlings on here incognito and giving it to kennellers as deemed appropriate :tearsofjoy:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I wished we signed Cameron McInnes last season to play lock. Would have been perfect captain for us moving forward. But yeah Reed is definately captain material

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
See how he goes in the trials I reckon. He’d be on the short list.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He owns this one 100% I see, it costs a LOT of money to train these things...though becomes a bit cheaper once a city trainer says "time to go Phil she ain't no good brother" and is tfrd to a country trainer at Tamworth.
Gus would be in front with Tycoonist but way WAY behind on this one and that's without even knowing its original purchase price.

Last edited:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Except Jackson asked to take a paycut recently and pretty sure Gus mentioned Tamou offering to do the same at the Panthers.
I think that was to help the club sign players & retain young talent. It wasn’t an admission that they were playing shit.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much extra cash would our club have had if that where the case..
Lol. Based on $100k minimum wage ;

Allen on $450k. That’s $350k to us

Flanno on $500k. $400k to us

Naden on $400k. $300k to us

Stimson on $350k. $250k to us

Jacko on $700k. $500k to us

Thommo on $800k. $350k to us

That’s $2 million already and I have only scratched the surface.

Disclaimer - player salaries have only been estimated and I don’t have access to the books like Dave Holland and Isaac

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Disclaimer - player salaries have only been estimated and I don’t have access to the books like Dave Holland and Isaac
Can’t argue with any of that. I do feel for Jacko he puts his body on the like every week he just doesn’t have it as a starter anymore.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Napa owes us every cent we paid him plus interest.

Stinger

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like I said in a post earlier, the noise that David Tangata Toa will be given interim coach for the rest of the season keeps getting louder.

The fact Gus made mention of how well NSW cup were going says it all.

Would not be surprised if something eventuates over the course of the next month. Gus clearly doesn't rate Baz.
Malla have you heard anything more on this since Gus made the ridiculous statement that Baz will be the bulldogs coach long after he’s gone?

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t argue with any of that. I do feel for Jacko he puts his body on the like every week he just doesn’t have it as a starter anymore.
Yep agreed mate. If all our players had his heart we would be higher on the ladder.

But the cold hard fact is that if he was on the open market he would get $200k as an interchange middle.