News Jack Wighton- out of dogs clash

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I saw highlights of him in reserves, looks like he can barely move. Need to get early ball to whatever centre is up against him (we won't lol)
Sad, he was on pace to smash every record for points and matches a couple years ago.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Majority here are expecting us to win

I agree with you 100%

Especially down in Canberra, Sticky will have them fired up and I have no doubt that they'll probably get the ref sucking them off all afternoon too
Plenty of ex Dogs in that Raiders side who seem to save their best games for when we play them.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw highlights of him in reserves, looks like he can barely move. Need to get early ball to whatever centre is up against him (we won't lol)
is he on their left? likely be averillo

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
If we play through the middle and really tough it out early we should be them comfortably. But being a dogs fan I go into this game knowing I’ll most likely be bitterly disappointed or we win in a tight contest trying to hold in a nervous shit

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Plenty of ex Dogs in that Raiders side who seem to save their best games for when we play them.
CHN especially. He does nothing against the rest of the comp but always plays well against us.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But he’s got no creativity and their hooker starling no vision just a run and gun hooker

Frawley or whoever is in the halves …..

I think we got these guys
Yes but he's very strong and can push off arm grabbers.

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The stars are aligning for that fraud Barrett. Happy for us to keep winning but can we fuck him of and get a proper coach !!!
I get that people have a sour taste in their mouth with Barrett. The strike rate hasn’t improved since he’s arrived and we’re still down the bottom of the table. But we’re much better than we were last year. I get that some of that is recruits and rule changes but we are seeing improvement every week. Our defence is better than last year by 7 PPG and we’re off the back of one of the toughest early draws in the fixture. I just think all the while were improving it’s not warranted to ask for Baz’s head.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get that people have a sour taste in their mouth with Barrett. The strike rate hasn’t improved since he’s arrived and we’re still down the bottom of the table. But we’re much better than we were last year. I get that some of that is recruits and rule changes but we are seeing improvement every week. Our defence is better than last year by 7 PPG and we’re off the back of one of the toughest early draws in the fixture. I just think all the while were improving it’s not warranted to ask for Baz’s head.
Yep agreed re the draw. You look at the dragons who have had 4 wins compared to our 2. They have beat the Warriors, Knights and Tigers. Their only decent win came against the Roosters.

They played the panthers without Cleary but still couldnt beat them. Parra and the Sharks towelled them and Souths beat them soundly. I would argue we are going as good as them but the soft draw has granted them a few more wins.

Same as the cowboys. The have played the raiders twice in the first 8 rounds as well as the Titans. They have had decent wins against the Broncos and Eels but they played the Eels in Darwin ffs (genius move by Parra). They havent played a top 4 team from last year in the first 8 rounds. We have played all 4.

The draw is a joke. Losses put the pressure on you early and losing becomes a habit. You cant have 1 team play the top 4 teams from last year in the first 6 rounds like us and then another one like the Cowboys not play any of the top 4 teams until Round 11. Their next 2 games are against Knights and Tigers. Talk about a dream draw

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep agreed re the draw. You look at the dragons who have had 4 wins compared to our 2. They have beat the Warriors, Knights and Tigers. Their only decent win came against the Roosters.

They played the panthers without Cleary but still couldnt beat them. Parra and the Sharks towelled them and Souths beat them soundly. I would argue we are going as good as them but the soft draw has granted them a few more wins.

Same as the cowboys. The have played the raiders twice in the first 8 rounds as well as the Titans. They have had decent wins against the Broncos and Eels but they played the Eels in Darwin ffs (genius move by Parra). They havent played a top 4 team from last year in the first 8 rounds. We have played all 4.

The draw is a joke. Losses put the pressure on you early and losing becomes a habit. You cant have 1 team play the top 4 teams from last year in the first 6 rounds like us and then another one like the Cowboys not play any of the top 4 teams until Round 11. Their next 2 games are against Knights and Tigers. Talk about a dream draw
Warriors also easy draw

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree with you 100%

Especially down in Canberra, Sticky will have them fired up and I have no doubt that they'll probably get the ref sucking them off all afternoon too
We would be much better off if we were playing them next week.
Often teams can get up for a match with a key player missing, however they regularly find it difficult to maintain it over multiple weeks & tend to drop the matches in following weeks..
Anyways...here's hoping...

Malla

Reaction score
We would be much better off if we were playing them next week.
Often teams can get up for a match with a key player missing, however they regularly find it difficult to maintain it over multiple weeks & tend to drop the matches in following weeks..
Anyways...here's hoping...
True but we just go in not worrying or caring about whats happening with them. Just focus on what we can and will do

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I agree with you 100%

If Gus ensures that we stay fired up, I don't see why we can't win.