News Jack Wighton- out of dogs clash

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The only thing I worry about is that they can score points- yes they are putrid in defence, but they do score.
They have the worst second half points scored in the league I believe (scored 0 last game)

We gain parity in the forwards then we should have too much class in the backs to win it

Faders go missing second half so just get a halftime lead

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's a few old Bulldogs in the Raiders team this year, Cotric, Frawley, CHN and Elliott, it'll be good to see them lose.
I might even go to the game

Reactions: 88

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
wighton officially ruled out with the 2 wk suspension

Reactions: 88

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Adam elliot is a better dummy half than JMK..........................................................................................let that sink in!!!! I need to go lay down now I feel a little sick.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
They obviously don’t know the most we can score per match is 16
Yeah but if the Raiders score less than 3 we can still win 13+. Maybe a pick the score is in order. Bulldogs 16 Raiders you can have a few goes at.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When was the last time we won IN Canberra? Always feels like we struggle there, regardless of how good or bad the faiders are.
at least its early in the season and early in the afternoon so we dont have to battle the cold and the dew, i'll take that as a positive. trips to canberra at night in say july and august are tougher conditions and do play a factor i reckon

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing I worry about is that they can score points- yes they are putrid in defence, but they do score.
against the warriors wighton scored 1 and had 2 try assists, which is literally a hand in all 3 of their tries. without wighton there i dont think they'll be scoring as many. chances are it'll be frawley or williams taking the 6 jersey and neither are at the same standard of jack. plus even with wighton they only completed at 70% and made 18 errors with 9 penalties conceded and still had the lions share of possession. compared to us against the roosters we completed at 81% with 10 errors, we should be able to beat them

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
at least its early in the season and early in the afternoon so we dont have to battle the cold and the dew, i'll take that as a positive. trips to canberra at night in say july and august are tougher conditions and do play a factor i reckon
I recall one occasion back in the 90s when we went there with a really good team for a night time winter game. One of the players interviewed beforehand about how cold it was going to be said something like "it won't be a problem, we are kitting up with thermals". We got smashed.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Raiders are getting smashed in the media.. This will be a tough game

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We need to keep them to 15 points or less for a chance to win.

16 points is our ceiling.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rapana is their danger man. Bounces off tackles like a pinball....he can really play above his pay grade when he's on.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Rapana is their danger man. Bounces off tackles like a pinball....he can really play above his pay grade when he's on.
But he’s got no creativity and their hooker starling no vision just a run and gun hooker

Frawley or whoever is in the halves …..

I think we got these guys

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck it feels weird going into a game expecting us to win

We will probably get flogged by 60 as punishment
Dogs coming off a big win and Raiders at home under massive pressure isn’t a gimme game at all especially when you add in our form for the last few years. It’s winnable but I don’t expect any wins with this team.

Malla

Reaction score
Dogs coming off a big win and Raiders at home under massive pressure isn’t a gimme game at all especially when you add in our form for the last few years. It’s winnable but I don’t expect any wins with this team.
Majority here are expecting us to win

I agree with you 100%

Especially down in Canberra, Sticky will have them fired up and I have no doubt that they'll probably get the ref sucking them off all afternoon too