Team vs Roosters

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of problems for sure. But one major weakness is the lack of on field leadership.
Jackson is a failure as a leader, but needed for his defence. Due to his failures, JAC has tried to lead from the wing.
I would make Burton as skipper. He is trying to organise things now but Jackson keeps getting in the way.
Even co-captain for now so you can drop JJ when needed but still leave the door open for another captain or co-captain next year in case Reed Mahoney is that player.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a big believer in the bounce-back factor. Good teams with great coaches rarely lose 2 on the trot.

Expecting us to get absolutely trampled.
I am not so sure the roosters are as good as people think they are. They remind me a bit of the cowboys in 2018. The cowboys made the GF in 2017 when Thurston was injured and everyone expected them to go one better in 2018. They finished bottom 4.

Their senior guys seemed to get old over night. Thurston was never the same. The roosters had injuries last year and everyone expected them to push for the GF this year with their players back. But injuries take a while to recover from.

With the roosters Keary is looking jaded, JWH well below his best, Takiaho (apologies for horrible spelling) off to ESL, Crichton looks pedestrian and even Tedesco looks like he has lost a yard. When I watch them its basically Joey Manu carrying them.

Of course they should beat us but they are nowhere the level of the storm and panthers.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Even co-captain for now so you can drop JJ when needed but still leave the door open for another captain or co-captain next year in case Reed Mahoney is that player.
Thommo and JAC co-captains with JJ.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thommo and JAC co-captains with JJ.
Happy with that if it reduces the amount of times JJ handles the ball and potentially leads to reduced game time. I do like the idea of a captain in the spine though.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I am not so sure the roosters are as good as people think they are. They remind me a bit of the cowboys in 2018. The cowboys made the GF in 2017 when Thurston was injured and everyone expected them to go one better in 2018. They finished bottom 4.

Their senior guys seemed to get old over night. Thurston was never the same. The roosters had injuries last year and everyone expected them to push for the GF this year with their players back. But injuries take a while to recover from.

With the roosters Keary is looking jaded, JWH well below his best, Takiaho (apologies for horrible spelling) off to ESL, Crichton looks pedestrian and even Tedesco looks like he has lost a yard. When I watch them its basically Joey Manu carrying them.

Of course they should beat us but they are nowhere the level of the storm and panthers.
Their coach already said they aren’t anywhere near where they need to be at the moment but they are probably going to rack up a score next game will be timing a top 4 run when it counts

Meanwhile in Belmore ….

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't understand why our reserves setup differently to our first grade side. From these highlights and others I've seen the spine looks to be more fluid. 5/8 plays both sides of the field, entire spine is lined up for plays, etc. Fucking kills me trying to work out what goes on at this club haha

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Happy with that if it reduces the amount of times JJ handles the ball and potentially leads to reduced game time. I do like the idea of a captain in the spine though.
No one there this year to pick from tho.

2023 immediately hand over at least co-capt to Reed.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kiraz isn't in the top 30 so he'll need an exemption due to COVID and/or mass injuries (not sure it's a problem next week?)
Expanded player pool to help clubs cover for COVID cases
AuthorBrad WalterNRL.com Senior ReporterTimestampThu 17 Feb 2022, 06:56 PM

“We have communicated to the clubs that there is an opportunity for them to access players outside the top 30 before round 11, on the basis of the impact of a COVID positive case.

“Provided that the salary cap auditor has been provided evidence that there has been a positive COVID case for a player, then clubs are able to access players from outside their top 30 list in a controlled manner.”

There will be no change to the size of NRL squads, but each club is allowed up to six development players they can now call on from round one and will also be allowed to call on talent with feeder teams in the NSWRL Knock On Effect Cup or Queensland’s Hostplus Cup.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I do not disagree with one of the things you said above.

But if you're building a pyramidof the NRL - its Panthers and Storm at the top... followed by the likes of the Roosters, the Eels, Manly and at least for this season, probably the Sharks. Then it's the also-rans - your Titans, your Rabbitohs etc. Then the no-hopers. And then 50 feet of dogshit... and then there's us.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't understand why our reserves setup differently to our first grade side. From these highlights and others I've seen the spine looks to be more fluid. 5/8 plays both sides of the field, entire spine is lined up for plays, etc. Fucking kills me trying to work out what goes on at this club haha
Because Baz

Malla

Reaction score
Kiraz can't be picked until round 11 because he is outside our top 30.

How fucking embarrassing for our top 30 .. a kid not even meant to play first grade this season just showed up late to the game on the weekend and shat all over yas. Fucking pull ya heads in

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not disagree with one of the things you said above.

But if you're building a pyramidof the NRL - its Panthers and Storm at the top... followed by the likes of the Roosters, the Eels, Manly and at least for this season, probably the Sharks. Then it's the also-rans - your Titans, your Rabbitohs etc. Then the no-hopers. And then 50 feet of dogshit... and then there's us.
All good mate. Was just saying I dont "think" the roosters will pump us. I actually give us a fighting chance.

I knew the storm and panthers would pump us.

Also we have had an extra 2 days turnaround. That should help Baz work on the game plan and sort out :

a) Jacko throwing it to our imaginary 14th player ;
b) Pangai jnr grubbering on the 3rd tackle ;
c) Flanno doing the show and go but getting shown the turf right up his nostrils ;
d) JMK deciding who to pass it to whilst standing up and having a coffee ;
e) Vaughan getting dished up a try on a silver platter only to get held up by an 85kg fullback who hasnt played in 3 fuckin years

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Kiraz can't be picked until round 11 because he is outside our top 30.

How fucking embarrassing for our top 30 .. a kid not even meant to play first grade this season just showed up late to the game on the weekend and shat all over yas. Fucking pull ya heads in
Fuck I wish our team of duds only got paid for a win....then we will see the best of them.

A boy earning 1000 a game pissed all over the rest of the team.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Expanded player pool to help clubs cover for COVID cases
AuthorBrad WalterNRL.com Senior ReporterTimestampThu 17 Feb 2022, 06:56 PM

“We have communicated to the clubs that there is an opportunity for them to access players outside the top 30 before round 11, on the basis of the impact of a COVID positive case.

“Provided that the salary cap auditor has been provided evidence that there has been a positive COVID case for a player, then clubs are able to access players from outside their top 30 list in a controlled manner.”

There will be no change to the size of NRL squads, but each club is allowed up to six development players they can now call on from round one and will also be allowed to call on talent with feeder teams in the NSWRL Knock On Effect Cup or Queensland’s Hostplus Cup.
So all we need to do is keep a few spare old positive RAT tests on hand, nominate an injured player as covid positive and bring a development player into the side.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the dick Cock sucking prick **** of a coach named Averillo in the centres! That’ll do me I’m not watching this weekend. Get fucked Baz you joke of a coach