Russia vs Ukraine

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
So, where is this invasion malarkey up to anyway?
Well, depends which invasion you are talking about. Russia is making gains through central western Ukraine and has reinforced and concentrated their military. My guess is they are going after Kharkiv (2nd biggest city) in the north to spread Ukraine defences away from the south and the west. Plus Kharkiv is close to the tractor republic so they can get away with missile strikes across the border.

If you're talking about the invasion of Eels supporters on the Kennel, that war is ongoing. We're losing threads but defending valiantly against the incursion.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So, where is this invasion malarkey up to anyway?
Kharkiv under increasing attack. It has been under constant shelling for weeks, but this is increasing. There are a lot of civilians trapped there, many of them hunkered down in the subway system. The Russians are using a tactic in which they shell a location for a minute, then wait a bit and shell it again. The pause means that rescue services arrive to the location to deal with injured civilians, and then get caught in shelling themselves.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well, depends which invasion you are talking about. Russia is making gains through central western Ukraine and has reinforced and concentrated their military. My guess is they are going after Kharkiv (2nd biggest city) in the north to spread Ukraine defences away from the south and the west. Plus Kharkiv is close to the tractor republic so they can get away with missile strikes across the border.

If you're talking about the invasion of Eels supporters on the Kennel, that war is ongoing. We're losing threads but defending valiantly against the incursion.
Kharkiv under increasing attack. It has been under constant shelling for weeks, but this is increasing. There are a lot of civilians trapped there, many of them hunkered down in the subway system. The Russians are using a tactic in which they shell a location for a minute, then wait a bit and shell it again. The pause means that rescue services arrive to the location to deal with injured civilians, and then get caught in shelling themselves.
Thanks Captains.

Mitchellmoses

Banned
Reaction score
No one talking about this anymore.
Looks liek Putin was right and people will lose interest

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No one talking about this anymore.
Looks liek Putin was right and people will lose interest
I must admit, our media has gone quite on the subject
I'd like more updates
Whilst we on the subject
I have family from Ukraine who have escaped and are in Poland
My sister in law has set up a go fund me page to try and assist them rebuild their life.

Not wanting to make anyone feel uncomfortable or anything.
Just thought I'd let the kennel know.
If anyone wants to contribute I'd happily pass on a link.

Mitchellmoses

Banned
Reaction score
Not
I'd like more updates
Whilst we on the subject
My sister in law has set up a go fund me page to try and assist them rebuild their life.

not too be that guy… but Lviv isn’t war torn at all. It’s virtually untouched.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd like more updates
Whilst we on the subject

Most news sources had it front page every day, but recently dropped off the front page. But if you go to the World news section of any news site and you'll still see it as the top stories of that section.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not

not too be that guy… but Lviv isn’t war torn at all. It’s virtually untouched.
With Mariupol collapsing, Lviv has started getting hit. Still early for them and I wouldn't call it "war torn" but it's on its way there.

Mitchellmoses

Banned
Reaction score
Most news sources had it front page every day, but recently dropped off the front page. But if you go to the World news section of any news site and you'll still see it as the top stories of that section.

I don’t like the way news.com had approached it, they are taking It as entertainment and click bait articles.
When I was in Berlin when the war started I literally vomited after a hangover and seeing the news.com.any front page of an A bomb mushroom cloud and a headline that suggested it was just dropped in Ukraine.
When you have family there that is an arrow on the heart and is not cool and the shock made me vomit.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t like the way news.com had approached it, they are taking It as entertainment and click bait articles.
When I was in Berlin when the war started I literally vomited after a hangover and seeing the news.com.any front page of an A bomb mushroom cloud and a headline that suggested it was just dropped in Ukraine.
When you have family there that is an arrow on the heart and is not cool and the shock made me vomit.
Welcome to the news. They're all clickbaiters who care more about how well the impact will get them clicks.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Just a side note. There's some UN or OECD agency that has observers for war activities. Think they are called SIMMs or something similar. They have been on the ground in Ukraine since Crimea, Donbass. Their term for observation status in the Ukraine ended in 31 March this year.

To resume, they needed a universal vote from all members of whatever agency it was. They had one country vote against. Russia. So no official capacity from the 1st April onwards. Believe some of their staff who were in the process of the shutting their roles down were captured by the Russians.

Cannot say much of this surprises me anymore.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Haha.

Must admit, that made me laugh. What have you got against Modovians though?
Its a Russian black flag operation. As we all know you live in Transnistria, by calling it Moldova they can claim oppression and invade.

Don't fall for the Russian bot....

Mitchellmoses

Banned
Reaction score
Haha.

Must admit, that made me laugh. What have you got against Modovians though?
I don’t except their corrupt and don’t know if they are Slavic or Romanian but in all seriousness. They are next on Russia’s hit list. It’s code red for Moldova right now.